Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 09:55:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Johnston's Latest Proposal  (Read 6682 times)
Formerdriver

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 10:28:26 PM »

you guys go through this every year.  the fact is that it IS THE LAW...if you dont like the law, talk to the legislature, not the management.  you guys had the opportunuty on channel 2 the other night, and blew it.  if you dont like the LAW and you arent trying to change IT, then go somewhere else...dont fight the same losing battle every freakin january.  if the law said you got money, you wouldnt argue...why should they?
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 10:48:28 PM »

you guys go through this every year.  the fact is that it IS THE LAW...if you dont like the law, talk to the legislature, not the management.  you guys had the opportunuty on channel 2 the other night, and blew it.  if you dont like the LAW and you arent trying to change IT, then go somewhere else...dont fight the same losing battle every freakin january.  if the law said you got money, you wouldnt argue...why should they?

The law....the law...the law is bullshit. The horseman were conned into agreeing to recapture so now it's time for them to say we will not race until the law is changed or the Johnton's wave 100% of it. I think those greedy bastards made enough free money off the horseman from recapture.

Now it's time for the horseman to tell the Johnston's and the state of Illinois to shove the recapture up their ass or we will not race EVER AGAIN!!!!!
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 11:07:35 PM »

I know im going to get killed for this, but the horsemen aren't saints in this whole mess either. Fixing races and turning horses into drug addicts. Im certainly not sticking up for the Johnstons as you can tell by my previous posts, but you have to realize the horsemen have done NOTHING to help their cause, and I do mean NOHING with a capital N.
Dan Nance

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2006, 11:14:21 PM »

I know im going to get killed for this, but the horsemen aren't saints in this whole mess either. Fixing races and turning horses into drug addicts. Im certainly not sticking up for the Johnstons as you can tell by my previous posts, but you have to realize the horsemen have done NOTHING to help their cause, and I do mean NOHING with a capital N.

Yes, and the IRB encourages trainers to cheat because they let guys off the hook like Rucker when he gets 6 positives. The IRB is doing nothing about the druging of horses or the cheating by drivers. They worry about blood gas levels and suspend trainers without proper cause but yet they let the " teflon trainer " just keep on racing and getting positives every few months. That's what the real joke is, pal.
justpacinby

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2006, 11:46:53 PM »

I may be new to this forum but, I have been in the business for several years now.  I can not see where a "strike" has solved anything.  Everybody screamed about Morgan, but at least we were still racing.  Sure the big stables were not hurt as bad while not racing but what about the small stables like Alan F.  Small stables can't afford to just pick up and leave state to race.  Most people have spouses and children that are in school.  I say RACE!!!!!!!!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2006, 12:19:25 AM »

I may be new to this forum but, I have been in the business for several years now.  I can not see where a "strike" has solved anything.  Everybody screamed about Morgan, but at least we were still racing.  Sure the big stables were not hurt as bad while not racing but what about the small stables like Alan F.  Small stables can't afford to just pick up and leave state to race.  Most people have spouses and children that are in school.  I say RACE!!!!!!!!!!

Chicago has gone from the #2 product in the country to the laughing stock of harness racing. So, I guess you're right when you say LET'S RACE. It's obvious to me you weren't around when Chicago harness racing was a great product with outstanding horses racing week in and week out with other great horses shipping in from other places. Racing in Chicago today is equivalent to what Quad City Downs was, a cheap product.

Richard Breth

« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2006, 12:20:38 AM »

One observation. Anyone beside me think it intersting that most -- not all
-- militant voices in strike debate on this forum come from retired and or bustout ex horsemen and few never weres with nothing to lose in a strike. Interesting to me.
Dan Nance

« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2006, 12:26:51 AM »

One observation. Anyone beside me think it intersting that most -- not all
-- militant voices in strike debate on this forum come from retired and or bustout ex horsemen and few never weres with nothing to lose in a strike. Interesting to me.

What's interesting to me is that you are the biggest jackoff nobody that ever lived. What role do you play in Chicago harness racing? Tell us Dick Breath. Who are you? What have you ever done in harness racing? How much money have you invested buying and racing horses.

Why don't you go slip on some ice and split your head wide open. 
Richard Breth

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 12:28:39 AM »

What role do you play in Chicago harness racing?

The same you do. None.
Dan Nance

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 12:35:14 AM »

The same you do. None.

OK, Dick Breath let's go round and round for the next hour so you can get your nightly fill. Make sure you try and get the last word in like your buddy Wendt.

And, at least people know who I am when I post more then I can say for you. Better to be a has been then a never was, pal.
Richard Breth

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 12:37:56 AM »

OK, Dick Breath let's go round and round for the next hour so you can get your nightly fill. Make sure you try and get the last word in like your buddy Wendt.

Wendt had nothing on you when it came to "last words".
Richard Breth

« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2006, 12:39:44 AM »

One last word Dan. I am putting you back on ignore. After a night of reading what I was missing realize I wasnt missing anything. Anything intelligent.
Dan Nance

« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2006, 01:03:39 AM »

One last word Dan. I am putting you back on ignore. After a night of reading what I was missing realize I wasnt missing anything. Anything intelligent.

Good, you do that because you are out of your league when it comes to me. I would rather talk to Tom Wendt anyday then you. Now go back and discuss more bullshit about numbers and the laws written to screw the horseman with goofs that will listen to your bullshit.
justpacinby

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2006, 08:14:15 AM »

As far as being in chicago when we had good purses and good horses racing, I have been there playing the same role I am now.  The fact still remains, the owners are NOT making any money being on strike.   If you don't like to race for 3000 than DONT own a 4000 claimer.  I agree our purses suck.  All I am saying is that a strike is not setteling it anyway.  All we are doing with this strike is losing more good horses. DUH  If the Johnsons don't "give in"  what, won't we race until Hawthorne?  That would do the horseman wonders huh?  It does not take a brain scientist to figure out that the horsemen need to race in order to keep the owners.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2006, 08:33:40 AM »

chadwick no one is responsible for you being uneducated except yourself.  it is not any one elses fault you are a moron.

Dear Former Driver:

You have a number of individuals with varying degrees of education.  Not everyone will comprehend the impact of the contract.  The purpose of an example(examples) is to show how the contract will effect each individual.

As a side bar, it is very easy to throw cheap shots and make sarcastic criticisms at anyone when you hide behind an alias.  As you see there are a number of posters who use there real name. I take a stand and state my opinion and it is my opinion.  The purpose of the post is to stimulate thinking and have an open dialog.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2006, 06:28:09 PM »

I still say the dispute of the horsemen is with the state and not the Johnstons. Until they get current laws changed and other laws approved to help the situation, the horsemen banging heads with the Johnstons aren't doing anybody any good.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2006, 07:38:59 PM »

100% correct Stan!
The horsemen are in a terrible position but need to get something moving in the state.
The IHHA seems very disorganinzed.
Their website should be updated daily if not more often.
They should contact the press and get someone to do a story on a local trainer and show how tough this business is.
Then push home the fact that the state needs this business.
The tracks should work with the horsemen to change things in Springfield.
If you do what you always do, you get what you've always gotten.
Nothing!
Matchtown

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2006, 07:49:30 PM »

The horseman are dead in the water.......nobody cares and nobody goes......the game just sucks and is only in a downward spiral that doesn't seem to have an upside...take the crumbs or leave town there are no other choices........its a dead game laddie
Dan Nance

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2006, 05:35:43 PM »

* If, after 60% deferment, purses generated are still insufficient to maintain 2005 purse structure, Maywood/Balmoral reserves the right to reduce purses accordingly.

Would Terry Hunt or someone on the IHHA borad please tell the viewers if the above part of the contract proposal was taken OUT of the new contact they signed?

If this is in the contract they signed then that would mean that the purses can drop in 2006 if what is stated above happens. Am I right? Or did they sign a guarantee in the new contract that the purses cannot drop below what they are now?

Someone needs to clarify this for the horseman. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2006, 07:35:49 PM »

Would Terry Hunt or someone on the IHHA borad please tell the viewers if the above part of the contract proposal was taken OUT of the new contact they signed?

If this is in the contract they signed then that would mean that the purses can drop in 2006 if what is stated above happens. Am I right? Or did they sign a guarantee in the new contract that the purses cannot drop below what they are now?

I saw that Terry Hunt was logged on not long ago but he didn't answer my question or doesn't know the answer. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2006, 12:23:41 AM »

Nobody wants to talk about this do they? I guess nobody even knows what kind of contract they signed. When the purses drop then people will talk about what was in the contract won't they?

I guess as long as they are racing who gives a damn what they signed and what was in the contract. If the horseman cared about the contract they signed someone would have posted it on the website for everyone to read.
Zulu

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2006, 01:07:52 AM »

Dan

Here is the e/mail I received, it doesn`t go into specifics but it seems the target remains.

IHHA SIGNS CONTRACT WITH BALMORAL & MAYWOOD.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!

The IHHA signed a one year agreement with Balmoral and Maywood Park Race Tracks on Thursday, January 5, 2006. Racing will resume on Saturday, January 7, 2006. There will be a doubleheader with both afternoon and evening racing on Saturday.

The contract provides that the tracks defer 70% of the 2006 recapture. This amount will be recoverable only if and when legislatively approved non-pari-mutual revenue streams, such as, gaming revenues on non-live horseracing gaming become available by the end of 2012.

There is also a provision that modifies the language pertaining to the past deferrals to reflect the language in the current contract for one year only.

All other provisions of the 2005 contract remain.

Without the unity shown by the horsemen and women of Illinois the IHHA would not have been able to come to terms with the Johnston's. Your support was invaluable to the negotiations. The IHHA Board of Directors and the negotiating team thank you.

Marty Engel
President - IHHA

Board Member

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2006, 02:38:36 AM »

It's not the greatest deal but its the best we could do. I think it was really starting to hurt the little guys. The boards vote was 15 to 0 to accept this offer. Thanks for your support.

A board member
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2006, 03:17:52 AM »

Sounds to me like the Johnstons are no longer waiving the small percentage of recapture they used to waive - 10 percent, was it?

Also, it is said there are no dumb questions, but mine must be because I've asked these a few times and gotten no answer:

WILL THE STATE RETURN TO REIMBURSING THE RECAPTURE IF ITS BUDGET PICTURE IMPROVES? and,

WHAT, IF ANY, IS ITS LEGAL OBLIGATION in this regard?

Also, amid all the talk of uniting to lobby Springfield, what are the two or three top objectives: Slots? More riverboat revenue? Recapture reimbursement? Rewrite the OTB and/or recapture laws? Other?

For all the talk of rallying on the Capitol steps, I haven't seen (unless I missed or passed over it) much talk of an AGENDA, any STRATEGY for achieving it, or even mention of the names of legislators who might be called upon to assist.

Does this business HAVE friends in high places? What can be done to cultivate them?

Dan Nance

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2006, 03:19:36 AM »

[quote author=JDakuras link=Proposal Goal: Maintain 2005 purse structure in 2006

* Maywood/Balmoral will defer up to 60% of 2006 recapture; the additional 10% deferred to be recovered as above;

* If, after 60% deferment, purses generated are still insufficient to maintain 2005 purse structure, Maywood/Balmoral reserves the right to reduce purses accordingly.

OK, instead of 60% they defered 70% of the 2006 recapture. They deferred it, they didn't drop 70% of recapture. Big difference dropping and deferring.

My question wasn't answered. Is the above part where it says " If, after 70% now deferment, purses generated are still insufficient to maintain 2005 purse structure, Maywood/Balmoral reserves the right to reduce purses accordingly " still in the contract they signed? If this is in the contract that means there is a chance the purses could drop if the above happens. So, what was gained by signing a contract? Nothing but an extra 10% deferred.

The IHHA accomplished nothing sitting out 6 days from what I see. There is a chance that purses could drop and alot of money will have to be paid back someday. You call this a victory?  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: