Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 26, 2014, 04:35:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Johnston's Latest Proposal  (Read 6697 times)
Zulu

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2006, 10:07:30 AM »

It's not the greatest deal but its the best we could do. I think it was really starting to hurt the little guys. The boards vote was 15 to 0 to accept this offer. Thanks for your support.

A board member

What offer? you seem to know alot about JD and snitches he should not have trusted in another thread
then when we actually require a loooong explaination we get this.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2006, 03:26:33 PM »

Since not everyone on the forum could be in attendance at to day's meeting, I was sent numerous emails asking if I would post their latest offer to the horsemen. I am hopeful somebody reading this proposal who is skilled in negotiations, might put their input up here stating the good and bad points of this. Thanks. Here is the Johnston's offer sent to the IHHA late last night.

Proposal Goal: Maintain 2005 purse structure in 2006

* Maywood/Balmoral will defer up to 60% of 2006 recapture; the additional 10% deferred to be recovered as above;

* If, after 60% deferment, purses generated are still insufficient to maintain 2005 purse structure, Maywood/Balmoral reserves the right to reduce purses accordingly.

Terry Hunt, why won't you answer my question? Is the above in the 2006 contract. A simple YES or NO.
Richard Breth

« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2006, 03:58:51 PM »

Terry Hunt, why won't you answer my question? Is the above in the 2006 contract. A simple YES or NO.

Didnt he say he prefered to let the IHHA leadership communicate details to the horsemen.
Dan Nance

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2006, 04:13:02 PM »

Didnt he say he prefered to let the IHHA leadership communicate details to the horsemen.

The signed contract should be no big secret to anyone so why can't I get an answer to this simple question? What's the difference who answers the question with a simple YES or NO?

No board members are going to come on this site and explain anything. But, goofs will bring the site up at horseman's meetings.

If the above is in the 2006 contract then that would mean that the purses could drop even more in 2006. I want someone to tell the viewers if it's in the contract or not. What's the big deal to do so unless they no it's a bad deal having that clause in the contract and don't want to admit it to the viewers.
Richard Breth

« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2006, 05:07:55 PM »

The signed contract should be no big secret to anyone so why can't I get an answer to this simple question? What's the difference who answers the question with a simple YES or NO?

No board members are going to come on this site and explain anything. But, goofs will bring the site up at horseman's meetings.

If the above is in the 2006 contract then that would mean that the purses could drop even more in 2006. I want someone to tell the viewers if it's in the contract or not. What's the big deal to do so unless they no it's a bad deal having that clause in the contract and don't want to admit it to the viewers.

Dont think this site is the official communication medium of the IHHA.

The IHHA horsemen will see the contract when IHHA officers shows it to them. Then some one will probaly post a answer here for every one else.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2006, 05:41:59 PM »

Dont think this site is the official communication medium of the IHHA.

LOL, neither is the IHHA website obviously
Richard Breth

« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »

LOL, neither is the IHHA website obviously

Every one likes to poke fun at it. A computer savvy critic also IHHA member with time on there hands to criticize should volunteer there time to keep it more up to moment. 
burton

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2006, 01:49:13 PM »

The only website more out of date than IHHA is Hawthorne.
Last summer it took about two weeks into the meet until they posted anything about harness racing.
Their replays were never posted on a timely basis.
Good track for the horsemen and I love to bet it.
But I won't go there live.
Wonder if that AC unit is functioning?
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2006, 02:13:44 PM »

It takes all of 3 minutes to update on the IHHA website what is going on. Richard, if you don't have time to properly mantain the website, why even have it?
Dan Nance

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2006, 06:15:03 PM »

Would Terry Hunt or someone on the IHHA borad please tell the viewers if the above part of the contract proposal was taken OUT of the new contact they signed?

If this is in the contract they signed then that would mean that the purses can drop in 2006 if what is stated above happens. Am I right? Or did they sign a guarantee in the new contract that the purses cannot drop below what they are now?

Someone needs to clarify this for the horseman. 

From the looks of Saturday's handle be prepared for the purses to drop because no doubt they left that clause I'm trying to get an answer on in the 2006 contract.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: