Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 03:09:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARTY YOUR UNDER THE GUN TODAY BUDDY  (Read 1085 times)
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« on: January 03, 2006, 08:49:30 AM »

I wish I could make today's meeting because all hell is going to break loose today at this meeting. I look for people to want to kill IHHA Board members IRA & Darcy if what has been said about them telling people to enter is true and I hope someone brings it up. If Marty comes in that meeting with a "BULLSHIT PLAN" then you'll know the Johnstons have got to him and he will go down as just another IHHA President that has sold the horseman out yet again. And I hope the small stables get blasted if they run there mouths about being to lazy to go race elsewhere. After today there should be no more meetings to waste the horsemans time if the tracks want to race then sign are contract or lose all your best horses and race dates to Hawthrone and thats it.

I really hope Marty's not doing what the IHHA has done year after year and that is sound off by telling all the members that this is are plan, get the members backing only days/or weeks later changing it all around convincing them all to race for nothing again and again. Will Marty even try to pull that shot today?Huh Only time will tell. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2006, 12:59:17 PM »

Dear Group:

I think Marty is a smart man.  He has the credentials.  He is a CPA.

Don't fail the horsemen, Marty.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2006, 05:08:42 PM »

Dear Group:

I think Marty is a smart man.  He has the credentials.  He is a CPA.

Don't fail the horsemen, Marty.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

KJC, what fallacy of logic do you suffer from ?  Just because someone is a CPA, it doesn't gaurantee intelligence.  Boy, your posts have really been off-form of late.  Did you slip and fall on some ice last month ?  I concur with your sentiment that Marty shouldn't or won't fail the horsemen though.  TC
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 05:21:43 PM »

Dear TC:

Read my post.  I said "I think Marty is a smart man".  He has the credentials.

Most CPAs have a good math backgrounds.

You will find  "as a whole" CPAs are intelligent and are good business people.

Again as everything in life there are exceptions.

No universal propositions.

I am not perfect.  If I were perfect, I would win every race I handicap. 

Even doing CPA work you will make mistakes. Sad Sad Sad

I have yet to meet someone who is perfect.

You are looking for someone who has a strong ethics background, who will always deal with you above board.

At the end of the day you would hope you have more success than failures.

That's how I look at life. Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick, CPA

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 05:26:34 PM »

Dear TC:

Read my post.  I said "I think Marty is a smart man".  He has the credentials.

Most CPAs have a good math backgrounds.

You will find  "as a whole" CPAs are intelligent and are good business people.

Again as everything in life there are exceptions.

No universal propositions.

I am not perfect.  If I were perfect, I would win every race I handicap. 

Even doing CPA work you will make mistakes. Sad Sad Sad

I have yet to meet someone who is perfect.

You are looking for someone who has a strong ethics background, who will always deal with you above board.

At the end of the day you would hope you have more success than failures.

That's how I look at life. Grin Grin

Kenneth J. Chadwick, CPA
KJC, my college roommate passed all 4 parts of the CPA exam on his 1st try and he has ZERO common sense.  I trust him with my life, but book smarts, brains, common sense, and negotiating strength are all different factors my man.  My neighbor was a CPA for many years and wouldn't be able to pass along MILLIONS to his children when he goes if it weren't for investing his cash in things like Walgreen's since forever.  Does that make him smarter than Marty - no, but I respect the heck out of him.  TC
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2006, 05:31:57 PM »

There isn't a degree or a job title worth sqaut when it  comes to negotiations on the behalf of others income. It is one of the most important tasks you will ever have. It must be taken seriously at all costs and every individual involved has to be as important as the rest. The best negotiators are the ones who came from nothing and know the value of a dollar and a steady income. People lost there lives to have that right. The people representing the horseman just dont get it.  Angry
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2006, 05:54:54 PM »

As the thread applies, I myself think that Marty did a very good job at presenting how things were as of this morning and keeping the crowd informed.  The meeting started nearly an hour late, but  was fairly orderly.  Joe Dakuras was heard and he told Mr. Price not to shove Farmer Phil down his throat as a "nice guy who cares about all the horsemen" , because in fact he is not, according to Dakuras.  I for one agree with Mr. Dakuras (no big surprise), but when you are right, you are right.  TC
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:05:40 PM by TC » Report to moderator   Logged
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2006, 06:07:15 PM »

Thanks for all the updates and it sounds like everyone was united. Which is great.  A couple more questions.  How many people were there?  How does our board appear in regards to there resolve and knowledge of the issues.  Thanks, TC and Donna, you'd make good reporters.  Also, did anyone bring up yhe splits?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2006, 06:14:19 PM by kellytuc » Report to moderator   Logged
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2006, 06:23:08 PM »

Thanks for all the updates and it sounds like everyone was united. Which is great.  A couple more questions.  How many people were there?  How does our board appear in regards to there resolve and knowledge of the issues.  Thanks, TC and Donna, you'd make good reporters.  Also, did anyone bring up yhe splits?
The conference room was standing room only.  The board's resolve is strong -especially the top 2 execs, along with Ronnie Roberts and others.  Some people are more shy than others (like Rich Schrock) but most board members made their point of supporting both a better deal and Mr. Engel clear.  As far as the track's latest offer, let someone post (or better yet scan) the flyer handed out at the meeting (word for word if posting, please).  Again, I thought Marty did a very good job informing the horsemen of the status of negotiations, and it is my belief that he will not sign off on anything until he at least runs it by the persuant meeting's attendees.  TC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: