Anybody know the name?
Had a website inquiry this morning from somebody who failed to completely fill out the informational request form.
Ray Spears was my Great Grandfather.
One may only assume the refernce was late 1800's or eraly 1900's?
Have a mere two references to "Spears" in my data.
1) Claude Spears that raced and officiated in Kentucky during the 30's.
2) Pete Spears that raced in California in the late 40's (Johnny Longden was a patron).
The visitor viewed a single web page (Ben White) which fails to have any mention of the name Spears.
I shrugged my reponsibility to reply for three reasons.
1) the incomplete inquiry of which the form specifically includes a request for completeness.
2) the email address was "vegasrescue.org
3) the internet provider range was Road Runner.
Trying to jog my memory, but nothing exact to a "Ray Spears" , did remember something close, in the early sixties thru the seventies, there was a driver/trainer in the mid-Atlantic area with the name of
H. G (Grady) Speers, from down around the Portsmouth, Va. area.
It's probably not the same person. Also, too, that was a Spears that was associated with Hanover in some capacity as well. Good luck on your inquirer's search.