Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 05:44:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawthorne: rumors abound  (Read 5498 times)
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2006, 11:46:25 AM »

I sense the contests are more geared to keeping people coming regularly to the track, like on a weekly basis, forming a regular Sat, Sun routine, and very importantly, getting people out of their homes and away from the Online and Phone Account services and back to the live track where the track earns far more from those same betting dollars. 
Report to moderator   Logged
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2006, 01:14:18 PM »

I see the contest races are all at the Fairgrounds. Should make it a little easier to handicap just one track instead of using several. 
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2006, 03:09:54 PM »

I see the contest races are all at the Fairgrounds. Should make it a little easier to handicap just one track instead of using several. 

Also double points on all real FG bets on Sat.

Imagine the poor goofs at Trackside. No contest, no double points, and going outside to smoke. OTOH, no surcharge for them. For now.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »

Maybe they like suffering Grin
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2006, 04:33:27 PM »

Also double points on all real FG bets on Sat.

Imagine the poor goofs at Trackside. No contest, no double points, and going outside to smoke. OTOH, no surcharge for them. For now.

Don't play in contests.  Don't belong to any track club.  Don't smoke.  Now, no surcharge is a blessing if I win something.  Wish that would continue through February.  I will be busy with the other poor goofs at my second floor bingo table as we use our binoculars to see the screens. 

Taking time out next week though, heading for Tampa Bay to see live racing.  Was going to go to GP, but as I said, I wanted actually to see horses go around a track and be somewhere where I can sit outside.  I think Frank Stronach stole the plans for GP from Hawthorne, where everybody stays inside and watches the race on TV.
alydar66

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2006, 04:35:18 PM »

Actually the people at Trackside are probably getting 4 points per dollar concidering its a Churchill track.
Thomas Graham

« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2006, 04:48:17 PM »

APCD:

Actually there is significanly more outside seating (and FREE) available at Hawthorne than there is at the all-brand-spanking-new GP.  Even on a chilly winter afternoon, some hearty souls leave the heated comfort of the third floor to go to the outside seating area.

Try it sometime --- you won't die, or be mugged, or spontaneously combust.

TJG
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2006, 06:18:53 PM »

Am I missing something or what. I don't see on the Hawthorne site, the time we need to be a the track to sign in for the contest.

I can only assume the rules will remain the same.

TC

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2006, 07:09:20 PM »

I think TC III is one of the great young minds of the sport and I've known him for 25 years.  That being said, that plant has all the creature comforts of a Medieval torture chamber.  It's a dirty plant, those outdoor seats someone bragged about are caked in birdplop, the TVs in the Gold Cup room are a disgrace as is the schlep to the SAMs from your table.  In today's world of simulcasting, each ledge next to a dining room table should have either one 15" screen or 2- 13" screens IMO.  Roving tellers should print out your tickets so you can relax and not have to pass the buffet tables 100 times per afternoon.  The carrels in the remainder of the plant are made of balsa wood and not even anchored to the floor.  Those Soviet-era surplus Zenith TVs are the laughingstock of the modern racing world.  Spend some of the money you get for racing 10 + months a year of both breeds and modernize the plant.  There is nothing that can be done about the sightlines which are horrendous, but if we could rely inside on good TVs and perhaps a Jumbotron outside, then Hawthorne could call itself a player in entertainment.  The plant itself is not too different from the Meadowlands, but they spend on TVs, Jumbotrons, private teletheaters, etc.  TC
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »

LJ wrote:
Am I missing something or what. I don't see on the Hawthorne site, the time we need to be a the track to sign in for the contest

I couldn't find it either.  I sent an email to Scott and got no reply.

I can only assume the rules will remain the same.
[/b]

I see six races from FG as the contest plays but nothing about the rules.

For all the Hoopla in the promotion, they're lacking a bit in customer service.

-RSR
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2006, 07:21:39 PM »

LJ wrote:

First contest race is the 3rd. Post time for that is 1:17 Central.

My guess is you need to be signed up by ~ 12:30, and the rules are the same as always.

alydar66: How much are 4 Twin Spires points worth, as opposed to 2 Club Haw points?
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2006, 09:35:39 PM »

Where is the contest being held?  Third floor?
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2006, 09:50:22 PM »

Where is the contest being held?  Third floor?

Yes. Third floor grandstand. Supposedly only contestants allowed on the floor.

You might have to enter through clubhouse? (After $4 admission.)

I tried to get all this straight on Jan. 2, they said "all would be revealed" on the website.
RK

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2006, 11:19:34 PM »

LJ wrote:

I see six races from FG as the contest plays but nothing about the rules.

For all the Hoopla in the promotion, they're lacking a bit in customer service.

-RSR

RSR

Who is Scott , I did not see him under "contact us"?

I went to the website and looked under handicapping contest and to the right they list all the contest available on PDF format. They don`t specifically tell you where it is located though.

Joe S from Hawthorne is always available for any comments or suggestions to improve the quality of the contests and the horse racing industry as whole so if you have questions just ask and I`m sure he will answer.

RK
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2006, 12:42:17 AM »

Joe Scurto, the Director of Marketing, is the Contest contact. 
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: