Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 09:46:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: QCD OTB  (Read 894 times)
pacewiththebest

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2006, 11:07:26 PM »

Does anyone know if Quad City Downs is still open as an OTB?  I heard a rumor that it was, and couldn't figure out how it could be true.  I thought you had to have live racing to have an OTB. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Thomas Graham

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 11:12:31 PM »

QCD was grandfathered in.  Something in the law says a track in a county bordering the mississippi that conducted live racing in 1987 or something like that can operate OTBs and as an Intertrack location (technically it's an Intertrack location, not an OTB - 1.5% surcharge instead of 2.5%)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 11:30:44 PM »

QCD was grandfathered in.  Something in the law says a track in a county bordering the mississippi that conducted live racing in 1987 or something like that can operate OTBs and as an Intertrack location (technically it's an Intertrack location, not an OTB - 1.5% surcharge instead of 2.5%)

Yes -- the law is crafted with an interesting deftness.  It's actually a pretty nice facility -- you can even head outside and see the remnants of the old track and toteboard.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
pacewiththebest

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 11:49:58 PM »

Thanks guys!

It's too bad someone can't get racing back there.  I hear lots of stories of how people used to love racing there. 
robert greco
Small time chicago trainer for the love of the Game / Real estate Guy !

Robert Greco

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 12:10:05 AM »

if QCD Is still up some owners or we can sell shaires and open up QCD or build a race track of our OWN !!

ITS NOT A LOT OF MONIEY IF YOU ARE OUT OF THE CITY OF CHICAGO AND THE TRACK OWNERS CAN RUN THE OTB AND SPLIT UP IN FOR 1/2 ...

HOW IN THE HELL IS ONLY 5 MILLION DOLLARS SO HARD TO PUT TOGETHER ...

WHAT DO MY FELLOW HORSE MEN THINK ?

And To all, I wish you have Fresh Carets in your Pot @ all times¬ ... ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  ¬  So you can see Life‚Äôs ways in Better LIGHT!
Realitycitybridgeportchicag@Yahoo.Com http://360.yahoo.com/realitycitybridgeportchicago
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:08 AM »

You're jogging my memory!   Quad City Downs, formerly East Moline Downs used to be my hangout when I was living in the Quad Cities.   As a 'live' facility it closed about two years after I moved there.   The OTB facility is pretty nice and has made improvements.   It would be great to see live racing at this 'B' track again but keep in mind its owned by the Churchill Downs bunch (i.e., King Richard D from Arlington Park) and they aren't exactly harness racing oriented.   I get over there about twice a year now and its fun.   Only thing is, as recently as this past July, they've still got that big picture piece of artwork in the entryway of Nevele Pride and Stanley Dancer with the date of 1962 on it!   Now for many that might be no big deal but to a harness racing purist and somewhat historian like me, its a HUGE deal.....the great Nevele Pride wasn't even born in 1962.   I wish they'd correct that.
pacewiththebest

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 12:46:48 PM »

If and when this whole boycott of the Chicago entry box is done, the IHHA and that new organization should focus efforts on opening QCD back up.   They get so wrapped up in the Johnstons when they should be scouting out other opportunities.  I can't do much, but I could drag the track to save money!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: