Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 23, 2014, 12:26:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOM KELLEY SOUNDS OFF  (Read 1178 times)
twinkiethekid

Ignore
« on: January 01, 2006, 12:02:16 PM »

I HEARD THAT TOM KELLEY WAS TALKING SMACK ABOUT THE ILLINOIS RACING BOARD YESTERDAY BLAMING THE STRIKE ON THEM GIVING THE JOHNSONS TOO MANY DAYS OF RACING WITHOUT A CONTRACT. GOOD. HE IS RIGHT. KELLEY SAID SOMETHING ABOUT THE STRIKE IN THE EARLY RACING SHOW WITH DOMINIC P. TOM IS VERY GOOD AND OUTSPOKEN. HE SAID THAT NO TRACK SHOULD GET HARNESS DATES WITHOUT HAVING A SIGNED CONTRACT FIRST. THAT IS A GOOD IDEA. BRAVO TO TOM KELLEY. I'LL BET THEM JOHNSONS BOYS ARE PISSED AT TOM KELLEY FOR TAKING THE HORSEMENS SIDE!!! ITS NICE TO SEE THAT EVEN SOME PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT SEE THE LIGHT THAT THEM JOHNSONS ARE A BUNCH OF GREEDY SELF SERVING PIGS. I HOPE THE 06 STRIKE LASTS UNTIL THE HORSEMEN GET ALL OF THIS STRAIGHTENED OUT. GOOD LUCK HORSEMEN IN 2006. THANKS TOM KELLEY FOR STATING THE FACTS AND BEING HONEST. UNLIKE THAT JAGOOF STAN BERGSTEIN!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Thomas Graham

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »

IF Kelley did that, it sure took guts (one might also say stupidity to bite the hands that's been feeding you since the Reagan administration).  He must have at least finished out the night because he did do a press release last night with the final totals for Pletcher and Oosting.

I've met young Tom a couple of times and he's knowledgeable and outspoken (a dangerous combination when your livelihood is at the mercy of others).

I hope he comes out of this OK.

TJG --- not the trainer
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2006, 04:40:27 PM »

You know, Tom Kelley spoke up, where is that chicken shit Dominic Polito, why don't he speak up for the horsemen? He shouldn't have to worry, he has a job in Indy. What, the $100 a night they are paying you is to good to sacrifice? Think about the horsemen that have sacrificed themselves racing for these shit purses so you can have something to announce. Take a stand!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2006, 05:24:35 PM »

You know, Tom Kelley spoke up, where is that chicken shit Dominic Polito, why don't he speak up for the horsemen? He shouldn't have to worry, he has a job in Indy. What, the $100 a night they are paying you is to good to sacrifice? Think about the horsemen that have sacrificed themselves racing for these shit purses so you can have something to announce. Take a stand!

Stan,

You are being less than reasonable.

Tom has been around the industry, and understands all the players, and how it all fits together.  With that experience, he's chosen to make a stand.  I really respect that.

But, with Dominic, it's a completely different role.  An announcer is MUCH, MUCH different than PR.  Basically, Tom would be expected to pander the line of track BS, surely.  Therefore, he has to make a decision there -- because, essentially, supporting the track is a part of his job (as a PR person).  On the other hand, Dominic does not.  Just because he is quiet does not mean he supports the track at all...but he needs to consider his personal wellbeing somewhat, no?

To me, out of all of this, I just hope that Tom does not get the screw job again.  There was the mess at Maywood, and if all of this goes poorly and he ends up on the outs, I'll be very disappointed.  He's been around Chicago harness for many years, and it would be a terrible loss.  Actually, I was reviewing some tapes today, and found that Tom called one of my father's first winners home -- 5/26/1995 on the 5/8ths!

Hold your ground, Tom -- and the horsemen too!

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Richard Breth

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 06:45:45 PM »

Get that story verified before you beleive it.

I heard this twinkiethekid = TC. Talking out a different side of his butt from usual. Another of TC band of trolls for the "ignore" button.

Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 07:04:22 PM »

Why is this Richard Breth still posting when 95% of the viewers have hit the IGNORE button on him.

I guess he likes talking to himself because nobody is listening. I think until his true idenity is exposed this forum will have to put up with this idiot. If the detectives working on his true idenity find out who this person is then I'm sure he will disappear just like Joe B. did. Personally, the way this person has always talked and stood up for management I think this Richard Breth clown is someone in management or someone at the IRB.

Why would any horseman want to even talk to anyone that sticks up for management after what they have done to the horseman? I would suggest all horseman out there hit the IGNORE button on this Richard Breth idiot and don't answer to any of his posts.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

Get that story verified before you beleive it.

I heard this twinkiethekid = TC. Talking out a different side of his butt from usual. Another of TC band of trolls for the "ignore" button.

Dickie, is something melting your brain ?  Where do you come up with this stuff ?  Once again, keep spreading those 1/2 truths and lies and social diseases every time you open your mouth - be it to take a few sailors in there or to spin yarns to confuse the readership.  I don't know who you are trading oral favors with and swapping bad information, but you are CLOSED Dickie and probably will remain so.  See you on the grassy knoll or in the woods near the Lindbergh home *** goof. LOL TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 08:56:08 PM »

...meanwhile, back on the subject of Tom Kelley (before Dickie sidetracked it, again), I applaud him for showing guts and moral courage with his candid comments last night.  Happy New Year Tom and good luck in your future endeavors.  TC
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 07:48:21 AM »

I really hope the horseman are not relying on a PR person or an announcer's opinion on the walkout to improve there positiion. There walkout effects a lot of people's paychecks. It's there responsibility to workout a contract to avoid such work stoppage. It's getting old already. I know all the richest horseman chip in  and build your own track and you wont have to deal wiith the Johnstons anymore. Open up your wallets' and let the moths loose. Happy New Year !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: