Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 06:55:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a Warning  (Read 1101 times)
John Frank

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2005, 09:05:11 PM »

News Years Resolutions tomorrow. I'm tired and must get up and work. Long list mixed with pleasentries and many denouncements. I'm going to go to sleep now with the scanner on. I'm hoping that all visitors who do not post are arrested tonight. I'll know who you all are.
Report to moderator   Logged
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 09:23:12 PM »

JF writes:
I'm tired and must get up and work

Me too.  Gotta win that Hair of the Dog contest at Hawthorne.  Looks like the only competition I'll see is Clocker Terry, BeatleDave and the wife.  Sorry I won't see you there, but it's less competition for me. Grin

-RSR

Win if you can.  Lose if you must.  Cheat at all times.
Parker
Perfection Epitomized

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 09:28:34 PM »

Yeah, please tell me if another jock goes to the clinker tonight, UGH, nothing like a 2 am call I'm so f'ing mad I had to bail that *** out cause he didn't listen to me....  You know how to find me...
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 10:12:41 PM »

Gotta win that Hair of the Dog contest at Hawthorne.  Looks like the only competition I'll see is Clocker Terry, BeatleDave and the wife.  Sorry I won't see you there, but it's less competition for me.

Kentucky Fried Chicken says he will be there too. Janine might stop by but I don't know if she will play. Everyone will be there. Well, except John Frank.

Tommy, Dick, and me are going to have a team entry that will kick butt. I don't know if they will let us enter it as TomDickandTerry like we want. Otherwise it will be my #2.
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 11:16:00 PM »

ClockerTerry writes:
Tommy, Dick, and me are going to have a team entry that will kick butt.

Sorry.  John says team entries are illegal (besides you're an owner which disqualifies you automatically).

-RSR
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 08:58:21 PM »

ClockerTerry writes:
Sorry.  John says team entries are illegal (besides you're an owner which disqualifies you automatically).

-RSR

Hey he disqualified it all on his own ;-)

Those of us who were there (not Run Sucker Run by the way, who pulled a John Frank) had lots of fun, and we all beat the Maven (except for TomDickandTerry).

Does lasix work for contests?  Maybe that would keep me from choking :-(
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 11:23:26 PM »

Hey he disqualified it all on his own ;-)

Those of us who were there (not Run Sucker Run by the way, who pulled a John Frank) had lots of fun, and we all beat the Maven (except for TomDickandTerry).

Yes, the sure fire recipe for success turned out to be a sure fire recipe for failure. Oh well.

I finished right in the middle of the pack at about 61, Kentucky Fried Chicken was 41 (?), Janine some higher than us, Tommy and Dick I never found out, Beatledave I didn't see a final either, and Stat Man Steve did the best of any of the posting group here, finishing 6th (?) overall and winning a nice prize. A big wad of points, I think. The place was unexpectedly packed today. I think everyone showed up mostly to see the big Maven versus John Frank showdown, but no John Frank. Sad
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 11:54:03 PM »

I finished right in the middle of the pack at about 61, Kentucky Fried Chicken was 41 (?), Janine some higher than us, Tommy and Dick I never found out, Beatledave I didn't see a final either, and Stat Man Steve did the best of any of the posting group here, finishing 6th (?) overall and winning a nice prize. A big wad of points, I think. The place was unexpectedly packed today. I think everyone showed up mostly to see the big Maven versus John Frank showdown, but no John Frank. Sad

Yes, Kentucky Fried was 41, I was 31.  How did we hit all those 1s?  Beatledave was close to the bottom, but he did beat the Maven.

61 is more than middle of the pack, because I was contestant #131.  That was the start of a box, and there were more boxes beyond that.
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2006, 08:52:04 PM »

Has great to see everyone, the Barn To Wire Group - KSFC Group, Handicapping Center Group, 3rd Floor Regulars.  I ended up 8th - moved up late, but that longie in the place spot may catapulted a few up there.  Got another 2,000 Hawthorne Club Points, worth around $40 when redeming points for a voucher.  I'm just glad to do well in the tournament, I'm getting better and playing that format now (WPS 10%-50% of bankroll).  The few I could make before, I was lucky not to wipe out by the last contest race.  Perhaps I'm starting a "form-cycle peak" going into the Spring Contest Series Smiley- I'm getting motived to some to the early ones during the Simulcast Only season.   Maybe someday I can graduate to RunSuckerRun, ClockerTerry & many of our 3rd-Floor friend's levels of success.

Everyone, come out to these Value-Added Contests!  A great thing they're doing for us, they certainly deserve our support! 
nwaryas

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 09:02:56 PM »

Fat Albert from Arlington Park Trackside got 2nd in the tourney Sunday. Albert is a harness bettor. Beware of the Harness people in tourneys.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: