Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 23, 2014, 03:25:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations and a story  (Read 2299 times)
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007, 07:20:26 AM »

If my questions are too tough, just say so. You havent been able to answer them any way

You have been answered a dozen times.  Your inability to grasp the responses is evident not only when it comes to your tirades about me but also your tirades with others.  Proof positive over the past two pages of this thread. doh
Report to moderator   Logged

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
njhorseman

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007, 07:35:03 AM »

Just where in the hell does that answer the question: "Are you seriously going to tell us that what Northfield Park did was the best race possible".

Its a simple question where you can answer "Yes" or "No" and as an added bonus ... you can even offer a reason for your answer or your opinion.

Now I know you have said like two, three or ten times that you have nothing else to say and that is followed by ... you saying something but the next time you do say something, maybe you can answer the question.

I didnt realize that asking somebody of your racing knowledge to tell us if Northfield Park offered the best race possible was such a difficult question.

You're being held in detention for an hour after school. During that time, your assignment will be to write "I have nothing more to say" on the blackboard 250 times .
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007, 11:04:52 PM »

You're being held in detention for an hour after school. During that time, your assignment will be to write "I have nothing more to say" on the blackboard 250 times .

Hey Njhorseman, it was a really simple question posed to you ... Are you telling us that Northfield Park gave us the best race possible in the Cleveland Classic?

Im sorry, I didnt think I could stump a man of your self-proclaimed racing intelligence with a simple yes or no question.  I mean do you need time to research your answer? Need more time to think about it? Need me to translate it for you? Rephrase it for you?

Tell you what ... if you just say the question was too hard for you, I will just note that you couldnt choose between "Yes" and "No" and couldnt form your own opinion and I will withdraw the question.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 11:10:03 PM »

You have been answered a dozen times.  Your inability to grasp the responses is evident not only when it comes to your tirades about me but also your tirades with others.  Proof positive over the past two pages of this thread. doh

Sweetheart. I see that you and the truth havent been reunited. When you decide to speak the truth, just let me know.

So just what have you accomplished and why do you deserve to be the Horsemen's Representative at Northfield Park?

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Tsunami

« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007, 11:19:52 PM »

So just what have you accomplished and why do you deserve to be the Horsemen's Representative at Northfield Park?

She was probably the only person gullable enough to take the position, have you seen their purses... ouch !!!

Grin

TrackRatMole

Grandstand Goof T-shirts Now On Sale!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2007, 10:25:49 AM »

Just where in the hell does that answer the question: "Are you seriously going to tell us that what Northfield Park did was the best race possible".

Its a simple question where you can answer "Yes" or "No" and as an added bonus ... you can even offer a reason for your answer or your opinion.

Now I know you have said like two, three or ten times that you have nothing else to say and that is followed by ... you saying something but the next time you do say something, maybe you can answer the question.

I didnt realize that asking somebody of your racing knowledge to tell us if Northfield Park offered the best race possible was such a difficult question.

Geez, what part of "you can't alter a contract" isn't filtering into that pea brain of yours? A simple "yeah, NJHorseman, I guess you're right" is in order. Bleating on about "best product" and the other nonsense you attempt to sidetrack this issue with, only makes you look more foolish.  nyah
pork

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2007, 04:48:48 PM »

http://
Geez, what part of "you can't alter a contract" isn't filtering into that pea brain of yours? A simple "yeah, NJHorseman, I guess you're right" is in order. Bleating on about "best product" and the other nonsense you attempt to sidetrack this issue with, only makes you look more foolish.  nyah
Perhaps it's the only thing that B-boy is really good at.  Pork
TrackRatMole

Grandstand Goof T-shirts Now On Sale!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2007, 05:37:23 PM »

http://Perhaps it's the only thing that B-boy is really good at.  Pork

He seems reasonably intelligent, but his ego seems to get in the way.
pork

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 06:53:03 PM »

Best I can tell from this latest rant is that B-boy's stupid act isn't an act.   Pork
tonymfan

« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 07:20:28 PM »

Hey Njhorseman, it was a really simple question posed to you ... Are you telling us that Northfield Park gave us the best race possible in the Cleveland Classic?

Buffaloboy you are dead wrong in this thread. The rules of the race are what they are. Northfield can't change them after they see the entries. No track can. The horsemen paid in they get in.

If this happens every year they might change the rules and add eliminations. Write them a letter to suggest it.
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007, 06:10:51 AM »

She was probably the only person gullable enough to take the position, have you seen their purses... ouch !!!

Grin

Purses at Northfield Park are so low now that when horsemen go to get their checks, Hollar is standing outside the door to hand them food stamps, supermarket coupons and government cheese. In a related story, they stopped selling coffee there the same day McDonalds stopped their national free morning coffee promotion.

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007, 06:31:14 AM »

Wow me being called a pea brain by a mental *** like you. Thats funny. a little like you being a kettle and calling somebody black but still funny.

What is foolish is you blindly following Njhorseman and just saying, "A rule is a rule" and thats that.

You need a chiropractor because you must have hurt your back ducking my question. Are you going to look at the 14 horses entered into the Cleveland Classic at Northfield and tell us that dividing them into two divisions of seven and seperating the five best horses was the best race we could have had?

If you want to take that position and say that was the best race we could have had, then I cant argue with you because I believe that is silly. The only time you should have co-Champions is in a dead heat, not because you create two wrongful divisions. The best horses should have run against each other, not opposite each other.

If they run a field of their usual nine horses or even ten, maybe Takeshigemichi doesnt dominate and win by five as it did in its division. Maybe it isnt 3/5's faster then what Won The West ran in its division. Who knows what would have happened but they should have raced against each other and not been declared co-Champions because of some luck of a race secretary draw.

Not having rules, standards or guidelines to prevent this is the fault of the race secretary and track management

Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2007, 06:49:26 AM »

Buffaloboy you are dead wrong in this thread. The rules of the race are what they are. Northfield can't change them after they see the entries. No track can. The horsemen paid in they get in.

If this happens every year they might change the rules and add eliminations. Write them a letter to suggest it.

Tonymfan,

Provisions should have been in place long before the draw to prevent a situation like what they had at Northfield Park. Common sense dictates that Northfield Park can never provide enough money to entice those horses to stay two weeks to have an elimination and then a final much less run two heats on the same card.

Ive given two examples of tracks who have provisions to limit the starting field. There are plenty of others I am sure we can name. How does Northfield Park not have the insightfulness to prevent what happened? Somebody said this wasnt an invitational. Well, Northfield Park does have an invitational. Its called the Battle of Lake Erie and they make sure they limit the field to eight instead of their usual nine starters. You mean the same people who set that up arent smart enough to have said, "We cant have an elimination or heats. What happens if we get more then ten in the draw?"

Homeboyhanover

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2007, 09:01:46 AM »

Wow Buffalo Boy. I think your suggestion makes sense, if your intent is to have an event for the finest 3yr.olds in North America. But, in order to be hold such a race, the host track would need to make a much greater contribution to the purse as well as mareting and hosting the event.

As with any business it comes to the bottom line. How much can a host track invest and have a reasonable ROI ? Same goes for the horse owner.

Remember, we are speaking of a $187,000 race on a 1/2 mile track. Not many owners of top flight 3yr.olds are willing to take such risk.

I can not end without applauding your tenacity. But, taking cheap shots when someone is not supporting your view... There is a board that caters to that behavior, ***. There are many nit wits there willing to trade insults. Give it a try.   
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2007, 02:25:44 PM »

Wow Buffalo Boy. I think your suggestion makes sense, if your intent is to have an event for the finest 3yr.olds in North America. But, in order to be hold such a race, the host track would need to make a much greater contribution to the purse as well as mareting and hosting the event.

As with any business it comes to the bottom line. How much can a host track invest and have a reasonable ROI ? Same goes for the horse owner.

Remember, we are speaking of a $187,000 race on a 1/2 mile track. Not many owners of top flight 3yr.olds are willing to take such risk.

I can not end without applauding your tenacity. But, taking cheap shots when someone is not supporting your view... There is a board that caters to that behavior, ***. There are many nit wits there willing to trade insults. Give it a try.   

Not a bad first post. Allow me to respond to you in reverse order. First, I have a general policy that if you call me a name ... such as Track Rat Mole did calling pea brain, I will give it back and try to do so in spades. Second, with one or two execptions, I generally try to insult issues, not people. Again, I do have some exceptions.

Now what I am saying applies to any stakes race at any track. I called out Northfield Park in this instance because I feel the fans and sport got screwed and they did a terrible job.

You are absolutely right when you say its a $175,000 race on a half mile track and not many owners will take a risk. However the horses that did take the risk, they didnt get a $175,000 race. Unless Northfield Parek is going to kick in a hell of a lot more money, they arent going to get to run eliminations or multiple heats. They have one shot to get the race right. As it is, their ability to draw high quality horses, trainers and drivers is limited at best.

Nearly 75% of the Northfield Park races are for between $2000-$2999 and they always try to get nine starters. Outside of sire stakes, they have three races that the USTA recognizes as major and since you know they aint going to have eliminations or heats, you mean to tell me they cant have a provision to limit the field to nine there also?

You cant have the provision say they will limit the stakes fields to ten starters and make them eligible based upon whatever you want? In this instance, you take the money, keep it in escrow, limit the field to ten and refund the remaining four their money plus the puny interest from the escrow.

Give the fans the best race possible.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: