Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 11:55:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I know who you are Tonymfan !  (Read 4696 times)
race track phil

« on: June 22, 2007, 01:34:36 AM »

Tonymfan ,
                           You know I've P M you several times to reveal yourself to me and told you I would keep your identity secret , but you never would release your identity to me !  I do know for sure now , it took a little Columbo detective deduction where I put 2 and 2 together and my dilemma is positively solved !  I will indeed keep your identity to myself as I said before ! I was surprised that a person of your stature remained hidden for all this time . One thing for sure as everybody told me that you were Janine !  Wrong !

I will not answer any P M 's to devulge my detective work !

So dont bother !  I' m a man of my word .

RTP          maroon

Report to moderator   Logged
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 05:07:28 AM »

And the purpose of this post is  ......

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
Sullivan

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 07:52:01 AM »

Dan Nance has already emailed RTP asking about his identity. 

I am betting RTP will cave in.
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 07:58:08 AM »

I will not answer any P M 's to devulge my detective work !

He is Bruce Wayne!  I knew he wasn't Clark Kent........phone booths are in rare supply these days.............BUT bat caves can be anywhere! beer

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
MWG

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 09:18:07 AM »

RTP - Got to give you credit, you sure know how to headline a new thread. LOL What a "teaser" thread headline ! LOL I would venture that your subject title "I know who you are,Tonymfan", posted by you, RTP, known well, to all BTW and *** members, will create more "guest" hits on BTW today than any other subject has generated in a long, long time. I say "guest" hits because many of us at BTW have long concluded that Tonymfan is, indeed, the only begotten son of Tony Morgan, himself. If he isn't, he should be, that boy could make a Dad proud. 
race track phil

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 12:50:15 PM »

Just to let certain posters know I'm a good detective !
       Plus I had minor surgery today and if someones wish came true I wanted Tonymfan to know that I broke his identity .
                                          RTP
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 12:53:57 PM by race track phil » Report to moderator   Logged
Tsunami

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 10:02:28 PM »

Tom Wendt  Grin
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2007, 11:09:55 AM »

RTP:

I will date myself.

You are known as the "Shadow."

This was a mystery on the radio in the 30s and 40s.

I am not that old.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
MWG

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »

RTP:

I will date myself.

You are known as the "Shadow."

This was a mystery on the radio in the 30s and 40s.

I am not that old.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

Kenneth - if RTP is " only the Shadow knows ", you must be the
" Green Hornet " , another old tyme radio show.
Worst To First

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 11:47:09 AM »

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" DOO DOO DOO
MWG

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2007, 11:58:42 AM »

"Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shadow knows!" DOO DOO DOO

Man o' man - I can still see my mother and father, grandmother and grandfather, sitting in the living room, loyally every week, quietly, listening to every word on these grand old-tyme radio shows.
NIATROSS

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2007, 12:10:39 PM »

Man o' man - I can still see my mother and father, grandmother and grandfather, sitting in the living room, loyally every week, quietly, listening to every word on these grand old-tyme radio shows.

How about the size of the dials on those old TV and RADIOS ?
MWG

« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2007, 12:32:18 PM »

How about the size of the dials on those old TV and RADIOS ?

Niatross - you're just not kidding, our old radio then was a big as an oil stove and had one of those great big round lighted yellow-faced dials. The first TV I remember was, of course, an all-tube TV, about the size of a desk, without legs, with about an 8" or 10" screen, we thought we were in paradise. We'd sit there and watch thru the constant "snow" (we were about 140 miles from any major city) great shows like Howdy Doody, Frontier Playhouse, Jack Benny, Red Skelton, Milton Berle and, of course, on the weekends, the Friday night fights (either sponsored by Gillette or Pabst), wrestling, and, of all things, roller-derby. But alas, you never knew how long the TV would operate, seemed like you had to buy a new tube every week. (remember taking those tubes down to the corner drugstore to use the "tube tester"?- boy, that was a lot of fun, had to make sure you didn't bend or break one of those damn tiny tube prongs). I still love those old shows, to this day, but thank goodness for the modern innovative technology in TVs.
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2007, 01:33:45 PM »

MWG:

My Father was the master tube tester.

Every week a tube would go out.

Down to the local TV repairman.  Check those "tubes."

God forbid if it was the "Big" picture tube.  I think the cost of that guy was around $ 100.
My Mother would have a stroke.

The Friday night fights. It came on at 9:00 PM. No one touched the channel or we would have the Friday night fights in our house.  My Dad loved the Friday night fights.

Thanks for stimulating my thought process and bringing up (stirring) those memories.

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
NIATROSS

« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2007, 01:50:49 PM »

Let's not forget old time wrestling on Ch.26 WCIU-TV on Monday nights.

Vern Gagne,Wilbur Snyder( the world's most scientific wrestler lol)Dick the Bruiser and The Crusher.

My Dad actually believed it was real.
MWG

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 02:11:55 PM »

Vern Gagne,Wilbur Snyder( the world's most scientific wrestler lol)Dick the Bruiser and The Crusher.

My elderly, petite, Christian, sweet grandmother, back in the 50's, would come into town (lived out in the countryside) on either Friday or Saturday nights, can't remember which, just to watch wrestling. This was a woman who never swore or said anything bad about anyone; however, when wrestling came on, she changed into someone or something else you didn't recognize. She hated the "bad guys", like "Skull" Murphy, and I can hear her now when the "good guy" would have someone like Skull Murphy in something like a choke-hold and she would say "kill that son of a b----" and I, maybe 8-9 years old, would ask "grandma, what did you say ?" and she, with her eyes ablaze, would say "kill that son of a b----". Only time she ever swore and until her dying days, she still remained steadfast that wrestling was real.
Worst To First

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 04:05:45 PM »

You mean it wasn't LOL!

next thing your gonna tell me is there is no tooth fairy either

Bruno Sammartino, 'Golden Boy' Buddy Rogers, Pat Patterson, Fritz Von Erich
AmyHollar
FREE THE TROLLS!

I didn't fail gym. I just didn't try to damn hard

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 12:01:21 AM »

You mean it wasn't LOL!

next thing your gonna tell me is there is no tooth fairy either

Bruno Sammartino, 'Golden Boy' Buddy Rogers, Pat Patterson, Fritz Von Erich

All I know is if Vince McMahon doesn't come "back to life" real soon...........I'm going a personal hunt for him SO MY KIDS WILL SHUT UP!!!! doh

Do you want cream with that cup of shut the hell up?
bowserkat

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 05:18:58 AM »

Killer Kowalski, Pepper Gomez, Farmer Brown(and his mule kick) Chief Don Eagle, the Sicilians, the Kangaroos  I get it, Tonymfan is a pro wrestler.
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2007, 03:01:35 PM »

Since Phils thread has been hijacked into wrestling  Grin  here's some more names from the 50's and 60's.....GorillaMonsoon...Haystack Calhoon....Ray Stevens and Pat Patterson. 

My brothers and I used to watch that crap on Channel 2 out of Oakland, California, on weekends. Then have our own wrestling match in the livingroom, and knock our Dad out of his easy chair and bounce off the walls. He hated that, but played along. If we caught him on a day he was hungover, it got ugly! Then came the phony interviews after the "match", which were half the show.  Hilarious.   

And while on the subject, dont forget the Chicago Westerners vs. the Bay Area Bombers in womens roller-derby right after pro-wrestling!! So stay tuned..... BSmeter

The more you bet...the more you win
Worst To First

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2007, 03:44:45 PM »

Roller Derby Queen NA! Na! NA! NA! NA! Bleached  blonde bomber with a streak mean Meanest hunk of woman anybody's ever seen

Regards,
Jim Croce

I just had to I had 'time in a bottle' LOL!
Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2007, 03:47:12 PM »

Back in the mid 80's, I was wholesaling cars, and stopped by a friends lot in Sherman Oaks, in the San Fernando Valley area of southern California, when a big gray haired guy pulled up and wanted to sell my friends his car. He too was a car dealer, and I had seen him at some of the auctions in L.A before, though we never talked. The guy always looked dissheveled, his trademarks were  gray hair that was too long for someone his age, and gray fungus growing on the back of his arms, and elbows from sitting at the desk too much.  

He was in his late 60's, about 6' 3" and 280#. He and my friend were in the office talking cars, you could just tell this guy was as sharp as they come. New York born Jew, and raised in the street these two argued back & forth......I remember something like this conversation on the office steps

This car is F-in NICE!! Look at it!!
Yeah, but I cant sell em when they have over 90 grand on the speedo
Well Spin the c-sucker back to 50 and sell it then
F-U, I aint goin to jail...YOU spin it...and Ill pay more...
Ahh, Ill just sell it to Morton in Texas....
LOL

After an exchange like that, Im laughing but ready to leave. The guy sticks his hand (more like meat-hook) out and introduces himself. He also has a kink in his neck and keeps making jerky motions ALA Rodney Dangerfield. We talked the car business, and when I told him I grew up in the San Francisco Bay area, he hits another gear!

Oh, so what years were you up there?
late 50's to  1978.
Ya ever watch the show "Championship Wrestling" with announcer Walt Harris?
Sure did
Well youre looking at the guy who got the first TV contract for those guys....
those wrestlers were stumblebums from New York, and Philadelphia most of em....I got em
gigs, we went to high school with 'em and my brother and I promoted em, then got them on TV,
a little airtime, they started making money, and it was great.  I moved to Vegas, bought
a home there, and had another one in Walnut Creek, when I was in the Bay Area....[i/]

So you're a millionaire thanks to the W.W.F.?

The letters "WWF" made him angry. He spits on the asphalt car lot.

They approached us and offered us 100 grand to sell the promotional rights to them in
196? ...we laughed.....and they came right back and said ok, well give you 250K, you
and your brother each can have 125 CASH, and if you dont take this deal, we are gonna
just spend the money advertising our own wrestlers.....and your wrestlers may jump ship.

250 grand back then would be like about 4 million in 2007 dollars.

So we took it.  We were only netting about a grand a month at that time.., and didnt have any idea that this phony wrestling could actually take off like it did !!  Worst move I ever made, but then again, we weren't half the promoters that those guys were.  So I guess its all good...we had our 3 year run

He opened the trunk and threw his briefcase in there, then turned and asked me........

Can you do anything with a nice car that has 90 grand on the clock?

Nope, sorry.

True story.

Grinder

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 04:00:50 PM »

Roller Derby Queen NA! Na! NA! NA! NA! Bleached  blonde bomber with a streak mean Meanest hunk of woman anybody's ever seen

Regards,
Jim Croce

I just had to I had 'time in a bottle' LOL!

Great memories!  I think the song was referring to Joan Weston?  LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: