Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 05:10:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT....Sammy Sosa  (Read 505 times)
Mclock

Ignore
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:08:25 AM »

Got his 600th yesterday against the cubs....I'm sorry but I'm still a Sammy fan and only a hand full has  gotten 600 HR's EVER.   Go Sammy  dude beer

trotter
« Last Edit: June 21, 2007, 10:10:31 AM by Mclock » Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 12:00:30 PM »

Just my opinion but what an injustice to the others in the Hall of Fame when these new age clowns become eligible and most likely voted in such as Sosa and maybe Palmiero. Jerk off Sosa showed his true colors when he was busted out with the corked bat and still to this day I don't know how he escaped the steroid controversy. Anyways,he will be in the Hall and not me but thank god he is almost retired so I won't have to watch that phony pumped up *** head kiss his fingers and look at the sky when he hits one of his steiod induced fly balls that leave the park.

Goodfella horse shoe

Report to moderator   Logged

It's not too late to change the road you're on.
FreeLegged

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 12:07:30 PM »

Sosa, McGwire, Palmiero etc wont get in the hall. Writers hold grudges. Jim Rice isnt in because he was rude to the writers. These guys wont get in because they are viewed as cheaters.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2007, 12:12:17 PM »

Just my opinion but what an injustice to the others in the Hall of Fame when these new age clowns become eligible and most likely voted in such as Sosa and maybe Palmiero. Jerk off Sosa showed his true colors when he was busted out with the corked bat and still to this day I don't know how he escaped the steroid controversy. Anyways,he will be in the Hall and not me but thank god he is almost retired so I won't have to watch that phony pumped up *** head kiss his fingers and look at the sky when he hits one of his steiod induced fly balls that leave the park.

Goodfella horse shoe

He may get in but I believe he will be given a message by not being voted in for about the 1st 4 years of eligibility.  Even though there is no proof there will always be the doubts about his
usage. When Sammy's done playing in 3 years+- he'll probably have 680+- homeruns so it's
doubtful he can be ultimately left out of the hall of fame.

I do think his sportsmanship for the next 3 years will go a long way in determining his
entrance into the hall.   He obviously would be steriod free these next few years so if
he performs extremely well he'll probably get in quicker.  

If Texas grows tired of him and his ego and he starts acting like he did in Chicago the last
couple of years that will taint the hall voters decision.
Mr_Ed

Stop gabbin and get me Pinochle cards!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 03:00:18 PM »

Former slugger Sammy Sosa used a live webcast Wednesday to indicate he is open to reconnecting with the Chicago Cubs, and said the team should have retired his jersey number "a long time ago."

During the Cubs Convention on Saturday, owner Tom Ricketts indicated he might be open to reaching out to Sosa and repairing the relationship with the former slugger, who hit 609 home runs in 18 major league seasons.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/8873871/sammy-sosa-says-chicago-cubs-jersey-retired
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 03:38:36 PM »

Years and years to come before these ballonheads are even a consideration. People who admire those clowns are from the same cloth who revere jerkoff Ray Lewis.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 03:42:22 PM »

Years and years to come before these ballonheads are even a consideration. People who admire those clowns are from the same cloth who revere jerkoff Ray Lewis.
I agree. This Lewis worship is disgusting.
I would go with the 49ers just to see him lose his last game.
Hockey is my sport these days.
That is other than harness racing.
TheRedMile

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

sosa was the bjggest dope from the steroid era and based on his recent comments it looks like the steroid abuse did permanent damage to his pea brain
Goodfella

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »

I agree. This Lewis worship is disgusting.
I would go with the 49ers just to see him lose his last game.
Hockey is my sport these days.
That is other than harness racing.
Not many with pants draggin off their ass in either sport. beer

TheRedMile

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 04:50:21 PM »

Not many with pants draggin off their ass in either sport. beer

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: