Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 27, 2014, 07:19:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats Your Plan ?  (Read 1188 times)
Big C

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2005, 08:44:42 AM »

OK,a new betting year is nearing. Are you ready to kick butt or will you go back to your losing ways. horse players, what is your most profitable method of wagering, straight bets, gimmicks parlays? Do you have a plan of attack when making your bets or do you wager until your busted? With the advent of simulcasting, patience becomes extremley important. Can you concentrate on only one or two tracks, if you can't, your probably burning up your money.Is racing a way to kill time for you or are you trying to make this a business. You are after all a sole proprieter trying to make a PROFIT. I challenge you handicappers to keep dailey records to see where your money goes and what type wagering is killing you.Of course this takes time and we players don't like to see how we're failing. I hope all TB have a outstanding year. I will post my bets, expenses etc. Lets see if I can make a profit or go out of business. I'm not a big better. a 50$ bet would be large and I don't play alls in gimmicks. Anyone care to join me in keeping track on their bets? WELCOME
Report to moderator   Logged
ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 11:51:11 AM »

I don't bet everyday, but I think it would be fun to get a little friendly competition going among you real horsepolayers.  Someone more computer capable could surely set up some kind of format. Kiss
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 11:52:41 AM »

OK,a new betting year is nearing. Are you ready to kick butt or will you go back to your losing ways. horse players, what is your most profitable method of wagering, straight bets, gimmicks parlays? Do you have a plan of attack when making your bets or do you wager until your busted? With the advent of simulcasting, patience becomes extremley important. Can you concentrate on only one or two tracks, if you can't, your probably burning up your money.Is racing a way to kill time for you or are you trying to make this a business. You are after all a sole proprieter trying to make a PROFIT. I challenge you handicappers to keep dailey records to see where your money goes and what type wagering is killing you.Of course this takes time and we players don't like to see how we're failing. I hope all TB have a outstanding year. I will post my bets, expenses etc. Lets see if I can make a profit or go out of business. I'm not a big better. a 50$ bet would be large and I don't play alls in gimmicks. Anyone care to join me in keeping track on their bets? WELCOME

I already do.  I have a big spreadsheet that tracks a whole bunch of things.  I use a line graph to chart the year's overall progress.  Unfortunately, it looks like a ski hill with the skier heading down it. Have a Happy Betting New Year!
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »

Heres this clockers plan for 2006.

1. well I already eliminated the one unprofitable bet from my betting
this year namely place wagering. That was my only category of losing bets
for 2005 and has been eliminated.

2. Concentrate on what I do best.Dirt Sprint MSW, dirt Sprints high class races. Turf routing. and oh yes. The triple crown and its prep races.

No more cheapie claiming routes for me. I can't figure them out for the life of me.

3. My NJbets card already logs in each bet I make (both on the net and Live racing) so thats done.

Allan

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
Big C

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 08:24:29 AM »

Clockerter,please explain the stoppage of place betting. Were you just betting horses to place and not to win? I back up everything, keeps me in the game sometimes.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 02:32:48 PM »

Clockerter,please explain the stoppage of place betting. Were you just betting horses to place and not to win? I back up everything, keeps me in the game sometimes.

I stopped betting place becuase it was simply unprofitable. I was making 2.21 on win bets
but my ROI on place bets was 1.90.

I don't like to lose money so I simply stopped betting to place. Now I know I kills me when a 20-1 runs second and pays 19.00 to place. I just repeat to myself. "this type of bet is a loser over the long run"

If you bet a hoss becuase you believe he is best you should get more wins than places. I know I did.

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
laurajean

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2006, 03:45:25 PM »

Handicapped today's races at Beulah and made 2 bets both win

race 1- 2 to win on the 8 horse Batten, only raced 3 times and had good excuses the 1st 2 times he ran. Won 15.00

race 5-  5 to win on the 11 horse Skip Irish. Didn't like his last 3 races but he was coming off a layoff and I was hoping he would go back to his Fairgrounds form. He came in next to last. Lost 5.00

I am ahead today by 8.00

BigMikeRocco

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2006, 11:52:07 PM »

Big C, since winners come so seldom for you, maybe the IRB can come up with bets for 4th of 5th place.
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2006, 09:32:28 PM »

Big C howls to the masses: 
Are you ready to kick butt or will you go back to your losing ways

Sorry, you must be speaking to someone else.

what is your most profitable method of wagering, straight bets, gimmicks parlays?

Win bets, either individual or serially.

Do you have a plan of attack when making your bets or do you wager until your busted?

If the situation arises when there is an overlay with a sufficient figure edge, hammer the crap out of it.

I will post my bets, expenses etc

And I thought JF was wasting bandwidth...

Anyone care to join me in keeping track on their bets?

You want me to join you to keep track of my bets?  No thanks.

-RSR
Big C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 09:01:13 AM »

Runsucker run, You surely don't have to read my posts, but you sound rather sarcastic.Maybe your a KNOW IT ALL! Thats GOOD for YOU. Us regular guys & gals will just keep moving toward profitabilty.
RunSuckerRun

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2006, 09:09:57 AM »

no sarcasm.  more whimsy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: