Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 31, 2014, 04:40:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if ...  (Read 2481 times)
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »

I think it has a few detractors on this forum, but I think AP's track program is one of the best I've seen at any track. I think it is very fan friendly for newbies, the racing commentary by Joe and Marcus is excellent for all bettors, and you get honest to goodness full pp's. In the last two weeks Marcus has hit at least three long shots on his selections in maiden races. Very good breeding notes. I use it a fair amount of time in addition to my own programming selections.

Pete

Hawthorne program has its own little secret, Ron Uchman. The man impresses me. Does he have selections in the AP program as well? (Us freeloaders don't get a program.)
Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 07:41:47 PM »

I bet (no pun intended) that no one thought of having veteran bettors take a look at the new machine format.   It sounds terrible. Some tech guy probably figured it out and like someone above said, "never made a bet in his life."  Or never made a bet with a long line of bettors at 0 minutes to post behind him. 

I volunteered at a non profit child care council once.  I answered the phones at first.  They were putting in a hugely expensive new system.  It took about 30% longer to do anything the old system did.  They didn't ask my opinion.  I told them but no one listened.  After a month they had to take it out and lost the money.  Lots of money.
Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 08:07:27 PM »

Terry, you cheapskate!

Come up to the Pressbox and I'll GIVE you my program. The Form has the same information and more. Don't tell me you don't buy a Form either?

I believe Ron does the selex for the AP website and Scott McMannis does the program. Both work at it very hard and are very good.
pjcleve

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 08:09:51 PM »

Hawthorne program has its own little secret, Ron Uchman. The man impresses me. Does he have selections in the AP program as well? (Us freeloaders don't get a program.)

He did last year, but I don't think I've seen his comments in AP's program this year.

Pete
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 08:11:33 PM »

Terry, you cheapskate!

Come up to the Pressbox and I'll GIVE you my program. The Form has the same information and more. Don't tell me you don't buy a Form either?

You don't understand. I bring my own pp's to the track, but don't get a free program because they don't hand out free programs at the gate for horseman passes. I'm not complaining, just saying I don't get them. It's no loss, except for any news that might be in.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »

I think it has a few detractors on this forum, but I think AP's track program is one of the best I've seen at any track. I think it is very fan friendly for newbies, the racing commentary by Joe and Marcus is excellent for all bettors, and you get honest to goodness full pp's. In the last two weeks Marcus has hit at least three long shots on his selections in maiden races. Very good breeding notes. I use it a fair amount of time in addition to my own programming selections.

Pete

Yes, it is. I realized too late today that I didn't have to buy the Daily Herald.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2007, 08:13:25 PM »

He [Uchman] did last year, but I don't think I've seen his comments in AP's program this year.

That's too bad. This past Spring at HAW I really got some respect for him. Everyone was struggling, but he picked some nice ones.

Moon

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 08:23:32 PM »

That's too bad. This past Spring at HAW I really got some respect for him. Everyone was struggling, but he picked some nice ones.

He is pretty awesome.
David

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 08:27:31 PM »

Uchman does the closer look type of thing on some of the races, you can tell if it is Joe K, Ron Uchman or constanza guy by the initials in the comments section.
Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2007, 08:47:53 PM »

"You don't understand. I bring my own pp's to the track, but don't get a free program because they don't hand out free programs at the gate for horseman passes. I'm not complaining, just saying I don't get them. It's no loss, except for any news that might be in."

Terry,

You bring your own pps? What are you trying to do? Beat me out of a job?

I didn't know you were a horseman. If you are, you can go into the racing office and if you have a license, they will give you a program.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 08:50:08 PM »

Uchman does the closer look type of thing on some of the races, you can tell if it is Joe K, Ron Uchman or constanza guy by the initials in the comments section.

Costanza?Huh !!!!

I'm not betting on anything George Costanza recommends - he's a LOSER!

maroon

/Except maybe in the "Summer of George"
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 09:02:10 PM »

"You don't understand. I bring my own pp's to the track, but don't get a free program because they don't hand out free programs at the gate for horseman passes. I'm not complaining, just saying I don't get them. It's no loss, except for any news that might be in."

Terry,

You bring your own pps? What are you trying to do? Beat me out of a job?

I didn't know you were a horseman. If you are, you can go into the racing office and if you have a license, they will give you a program.

Okay, trackman, you forced me into saying it ... I don't care if I get a program or not. There.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »

Btw trackman my pp's are ultimately your work. Equibase to DRF to BRIS.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 09:10:37 PM »

Ronnie Uchman is a great guy, a dam good handicapper, and an even better poker player..
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: