Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 06:34:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bergstein weighs in on the upcoming strike....  (Read 3636 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2005, 11:17:16 PM »

LOL!

Stan Bergstein who IS something and someone. Or local gas bag TC.
Incorrect per usual Mr. *** liar Dickie.  1st off, you said you had me on ignore - please continue with that as it made for a better forum.  2nd, Bergstein WAS somebody many, many moons ago.  he's a retiree living on fixed income in AZ now.  I'll give you the gas bag comment as a New Year's gift  Wink  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Richard Breth

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2005, 11:28:44 PM »

This I have to agree with -- Stan is probably the most influential non-driver/trainer in the history of the sport.  So, it's tough for me to comment negatively.

Joe, Dan, and TC -- it shocks me that you would be so harsh to him.  I definitely don't agree with what he's saying here, but wow -- I figured that wisdom garnered some respect.

Edward its OK. They didnt mean anything personal. When ever the axis of evil reads anyone stand up for some industry name they mount a nasty disrespectful attack to try and flush out people they dont know and bother any friends of the attacked. Being accomplish nothing axxholes and professional trolls they have to try to tear down anyone above them. There just flea bitten jackals.
clown town

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 02:05:13 AM »

STAN GOT CONFUSED, HE MISTAKED CHICAGO H-RACING FOR "REAL H-RACING!!!!!!!
HE FORGOT ABOUT REAL FANS , REAL TRAINERS/DRIVERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AND MOST OF ALL "REAL JUICE MEN"
CHICAGO IS A TRUE EMBARRESSMENT TO REAL HORSEMENSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NEEDLE DOES NOT LIE!!!!!!!!
RIGHT Huh?
DARCY/RUCKER/LAPPE/BERNARDI/ELLISON/BOCCIA/COZZI/

THE BEAT GOES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2005, 09:32:59 AM »

This I have to agree with -- Stan is probably the most influential non-driver/trainer in the history of the sport.  So, it's tough for me to comment negatively.

Joe, Dan, and TC -- it shocks me that you would be so harsh to him.  I definitely don't agree with what he's saying here, but wow -- I figured that wisdom garnered some respect.

Best,
EW

EW:
    It shocks me that you would waste your time on such a slanted-minded reporter. In case you did not read the fine print of Mr. Bergstein, he took a direct swipe at our IHHA President. I don't take too kindly to that.

If you want to respect him, fine, go ahead. Please don't push your views on me because I know who this guy is and what his agenda contains. He and Langley are inseparable. Bergstein was told to write that story by Langley to put pressure on the horsemen/women and make the IHHA look bad.

If you were a wee-bit older you woule remember this guy from the old Roosevelt Raceway days. Just ask around to some of the older New York racing fans about this guys credibility. Let's just say that you would not receive very many positive remarks made about Mr. Bergstein.

Tc is right when he says that Bergstein is lucky that Bill Robinson did not file a lawsuit for writing with a crooked pen, as he is known to do. As the other poster on this thread said, just remember who is signing Bergstein's check...none other than our wonderful USTA President, Phil Langley.

Learn more about this bigot and then come back on here and we'll talk. Until then, I guess its your call to go ahead and respect a man who is disliked by most within the industry and noted for writing defaming and slanderous news articles, like the one about Hall of Fame trainer, Bill Robinson. Go ahead and show him all the respect that you wish, just don't ask me to.

I feel that he owes our IHHA President, and Illinois horsemen/women a sincere apology, and until then, he will be considered, as Richard Breth would say, "A bitter has been in the harness racing community."

Respect is earned, not granted by one’s wisdom. For Bergstein to get my respect, he must give it. This he did not do when he decided to put his filthy nose in where it did not belong. Bergstein slammed the IHHA President and Illinois horsemen/women and for that, he should be thrown in a Balmoral trash dumpster for yet another of his misleading and inflammatory writings.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 11:23:21 AM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2005, 02:04:48 PM »

Phil Langley allegedly signs Stan Bergstein's check?   Where did that notion come from?   Stan works for the HTA, Harness Tracks of America which is based in Tuscon, Arizona and is a Trade Association made up of over 40 'member associations and racetracks.'  He is not a USTA employee to the best of my knowledge.
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2005, 02:05:10 PM »

You can love Stan or hate Stan, but what Stan said in his writings are 100% true. That no one can dispute. Just because the guy writes a differing opinion, he is cast a senile old man who is in some death bed in a nursing home? Jesus Christ people if you don't agree with his opinion you don't agree with his opinion but don't attack the man personally. That's the problem with this damn board.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2005, 02:08:14 PM by Chitown Stan » Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2005, 02:56:44 PM »

EW, at 22 or 23, how could you be far behind the times too.  Bergstein has been a non-factor since you were about 5 in this sport.  THAT'S A FACT !  Also, as someone pointed out, who signs his check ?  Stan is a historian but knows nothing about today's game (pre-racing, better technology,etc.).  He wrote a Wendt-esque article defaming Bill Robinson in Hoofbeats and should have been knocked out or sued into oblivion by Mr. Robinson.  The shock is upon YOU EW for not knowing that the sport has passed Bergstein by.  Furthermore, the closest track to his AZ home is Calpo - home of honest racing - LOL.  EW, your earlier post proves again that you still have a ways to go to get a grip on harness reality for 2005-06.  Maybe stop watching those tapes from yesteryear and come out to the live races more often after you finish up school.  The only thing Bergstein is on the 05-06 information superhighway is roadkill my friend.  TC

TC:
Robinson sue for defamation of character? That's a funny one even coming from you. The Bill Robinson...the guy who is currently serving a multi year suspension for all the positives he's had. The guy who's serving the type of suspension that guys like Anderson and Rucker also deserve? The guy who taught Monte Gelrod and Carl Conte all his little tricks, so that Conte and Gelrod are also serving multi year suspensions thanks to Mr. Robinson's "professional guidance."

By the way...Langley doesn't sign anyone's checks. He, or any other USTA president is not the operational head of the organization. That job belongs is the executive vice president, currently Eric Sharbaugh, who replaced Fred Noe. Langley's job as president is more or less a ceremonial one...think of his role as being similar to that of the Queen of England.  Grin
DLeestable

« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2005, 08:55:51 PM »

Paul,

Phil as Queen, somehow I can't erase that picture from my mind. I am sure he really appreciates that comparison. 

Donna
njhorseman

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:26 PM »

Paul,

Phil as Queen, somehow I can't erase that picture from my mind. I am sure he really appreciates that comparison. 

Donna

I could have used other analogies...I thought that one was best.  Grin

Happy New Year, Donna.

And Happy New Year to everyone at BTW.
Michigan Dale

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2006, 12:05:29 PM »

Stan Bergstein does not want to see Illinois harness racing fail.   I've read and re-read his 'story' that in my view was more of a story than a 'editorial' and frankly if taken line by line - nothing he said was/is false. I've known the man for over 30 years and he's always been a gentleman to me and has a wealth of knowledge about our sport.  It may be true that he isn't as close to the Illinois situation as we'd like but I really don't believe he was slapping the IHHA or Marty at all.  Just making observations of the mess that Illinois Harness Racing has become.   Both Stan's article and Marty's response were straight forward and professional, as I see it.  Stan has a passion for harness racing that is hard to overlook.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2006, 02:47:21 PM »

Stan Bergstein does not want to see Illinois harness racing fail.   I've read and re-read his 'story' that in my view was more of a story than a 'editorial' and frankly if taken line by line - nothing he said was/is false. I've known the man for over 30 years and he's always been a gentleman to me and has a wealth of knowledge about our sport.  It may be true that he isn't as close to the Illinois situation as we'd like but I really don't believe he was slapping the IHHA or Marty at all.  Just making observations of the mess that Illinois Harness Racing has become.   Both Stan's article and Marty's response were straight forward and professional, as I see it.  Stan has a passion for harness racing that is hard to overlook.

As I've said, Stan's contributions to the industry are incredible.  My biggest problem with the editorial is that he makes it sounds as if the horsemen have been careless in the issue, and that they have just "rejected" fair offers placed on the table.  This is not true.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
fineline

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2006, 02:59:34 PM »

What ever his job is what a joke USTA PRESIDENT
DLeestable

« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2006, 03:15:54 PM »

Paul,

Have a Happy New Year too. 
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 01, 2006, 11:35:11 PM »

What do I think? Tell Bergstein he has NOTHING ivested in Chicago harness racing so he should shut his trap. Tell him to invest some money in Chicago harness racing and then see if he would like racing for peanuts.

Someone should beat the *** out of BERGSTEIN just for opening his fat mouth he is nothing but a "KISS ASS" DICK SXCKER.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: