Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 08:16:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is that idiot calling at woodbine not the worst announcer ever?  (Read 2497 times)
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« on: December 30, 2005, 01:32:15 AM »

This Woodbine announcer that replaced Salive is the real earache.  He's clueless, and his calls don't flow worth a shit.  tonite he says "so and so gets up in the final jump."  Standardbreds don't jump dipshit!  Find a real announcer
Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 08:52:29 AM »

This Woodbine announcer that replaced Salive is the real earache.  He's clueless, and his calls don't flow worth a shit.  tonite he says "so and so gets up in the final jump."  Standardbreds don't jump dipshit!  Find a real announcer
Now you are talking.  This was my favorite track, for some reason, due to availble signals, I concentrated on Wdb and did well.  Frank Salive was my favorite announcer.  I was in shock when he said he was resigning and going to London/Western Fair so he could spend more time with his daughter.  And they bring KEN MIDDLETON, who often hosted the Woodbine Live pre race show, over to the booth.  He IS terrible, annoying to listen to.  You turn over to Western Fair and the pools are as much as the lions club gumball machines of the 70s.  He is just AWFUL. 
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 11:41:22 AM »

Have you ever watched western fair?  Do they have their camera on a blimp or something.  They should put the numbers on the top of the horses.  Frank Salive does a good job there, but hearing him call there is just a waste of talent.  Come on Woodbine you can do way the hell better than this Middleton guy, he is the worst annoucer ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 02:21:58 AM »

Nobody will ever call a race worse than Dave Feldman,PERIOD.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 08:26:47 AM »

I'm not a big fan of his calls -- but I think my dislikes come more from the heavy Canadian accent.  He's a fairly accurate caller, and although I'm not a big fan of the "total package" there's definitely much worse out there.  Reference Colonial and Northville Downs, if you're curious.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 10:30:38 AM »

Agreed for sure that northville's announcer is worse, but this is Woodbine for god sakes.  Second biggest harness market in North America.  They should be ashamed that their announcer is comparable to Northville
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2005, 02:23:47 PM »

I agree, Woodbine should have went after someone first class. Only prob is they would have had to come to the States to do it. In would have liked to see them hire either Warkentin or McKee, Lederman, Bozich, or the guy from Yonkers may have been a decent fit.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2005, 03:28:49 PM »

I agree, Woodbine should have went after someone first class. Only prob is they would have had to come to the States to do it. In would have liked to see them hire either Warkentin or McKee, Lederman, Bozich, or the guy from Yonkers may have been a decent fit.

I said the same thing, and then I thought about it....

I mean honestly -- are Sam and Ken going to move?  Probably not.  I'm sure Larry enjoys relaxing and callnig the days, and he's been in NJ for quite awhile.  Herndon will probably want to be at Yonkers when they are putting up Big M purses soon, and Scott just moved.  Huston would probably never leave the Meadows.

That leads you pretty far in -- honestly, Bozich would be about it, or maybe Kleinhans.

All in all, they chose to go with the familiar face, from Woodbine, that they didn't have to move.  Very similar to the Gil to Mazzone transition at Spk, IMO.  We'll see how it works out.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
darth vader

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2005, 08:03:32 PM »

YOU HAVE TO PUT DOMINIC IN THE GROUP OF WORST
twinkiethekid

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2005, 11:27:44 PM »

YOU HAVE TO ADD SCOTT ERLICH IN TO THE GROUP OF WORST ANNOUNCERS EVER. PLUS THE EARACHE IS A CROOK AND FITS IN WITH THOSE CHEATIN DRIVERS AT CAL FIXPO!!! I NO THIS EDWARD WILLIAM CAT IS HIGH ON DRUGS IF HE PUTS THE EARACHES NAME IN WITH THOSE OTHER CLASS ANNOUNCERS. GO SMOKE ANOTHER ROCK EDWARD!!!
Dr.Trotter

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2005, 11:33:16 PM »

YOU HAVE TO PUT DOMINIC IN THE GROUP OF WORST

I think Polito has done an excellent job and too spite a few quirks I like his calls
twinkiethekid

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2005, 11:36:28 PM »

YES I AGREE THAT DOMINIC P. IS THE BEST ANNOUNCER CHICAGO HAS SEEN IN QUITE SOME TIME. SCOTT SHOULD HAVE STUCK AROUND CHICAGO AND TRIED TO LEARN SOME POINTERS FROM DOMINIC. DOM HAS A GREAT VOICE AND IS PRECIZE IN HIS RACE CALLS.
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2006, 05:32:46 PM »

Polito was put in a position he really didn't want. He has been the only announcer Indiana Downs ever had, and was extremely well liked. I heard Bozich filled in for him one time and all he talked about was how much they liked Dominc. Despite his appearance and the frequent jokes of his mob ties. I heard this guy is a big time family man. Supposedly worked years on a third shift just so he could manage his sons baseball  teams coach soccer teams and etc. But there also is a rumor that he and Tom Kelley took on 10 guys in a brawl at Maquires one night.  And didn't do too bad. You can tell in his calls he worries about beiing accurate and he wants to do a good job what more can you ask for. But I truly believe he is far from horrible. He does have a very distinctive voice which is good. As I said before Darth Vader is Scott in drag.
darth vader

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2006, 09:06:33 PM »

if dominic is the best we have then boy are we in deep trouble
Chitown Stan

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2006, 11:50:40 PM »

It will be interesting to see what Dominic does come April. If he goes back to Indy, God knows what Chicago Racing will do. Maybe Edward William will become the voice of Chicagoland Racing. Or maybe the Johnstons will open up there pocket books and get a good replacement, or maybe hire back Scott E.
Les Moore

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2006, 12:02:22 AM »

I feel sorry for the situation Dominic is in. I think he is a good announcer. The few times I've been to Indy I heard nothing but praise for his race calling.

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2006, 12:06:58 AM »

he is the man, tons better than scott
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: