Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 22, 2014, 08:52:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HAW Contests  (Read 761 times)
edwarren

« on: December 29, 2005, 01:43:46 PM »

What are these HAWthorne contests I read about.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2005, 05:21:25 PM »

What are these HAWthorne contests I read about.

Free Pick 5 contest every Saturday with a $2500 prize, $20 buyin contests on Sundays with $1900 (?) in cash prizes plus a lot of Club Haw points which is the same thing.

Read about them here:

http://www.hawthorneracecourse.com/handicapping_contests/index.php
edwarren

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2005, 05:45:09 PM »

Free Pick 5 contest every Saturday with a $2500 prize, $20 buyin contests on Sundays with $1900 (?) in cash prizes plus a lot of Club Haw points which is the same thing.

Read about them here:

Pick 5 contest is free. Ok. What is the buy in?

Nyra ran (runs?) a cool contest. There's a ten dollar buy-in. Contest winners always enter multiples, which sucks, however. Otherwise, you upload one horse to win, everyday, for the length of the meet. Biggest profiter wins the pool. If your horse is scratched you get the chalk in the race you handicapped, which is scary.

Entries must be in b4 a given time EVERYDAY. If you miss, you lose. Very easy to suffer a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN what with scratches and time coinstraints and multiples, that sucks, therefore I don't play.
edwarren

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2005, 05:58:29 PM »

Read about them here:

I forgot, if you lose any day, no cash, you're out. You have to cash everyday.

Does HAW have something similar? It was very popular and drew a lot of interest.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2005, 08:37:53 PM »

I forgot, if you lose any day, no cash, you're out. You have to cash everyday.

Does HAW have something similar? It was very popular and drew a lot of interest.

That is a last man standing kind of contest you described.  I may be wrong, but I seem to remember that Hawthorne had a contest like this too.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2005, 01:15:10 AM »

Pick 5 contest is free. Ok. What is the buy in?

The Sunday contest is a one day handicapping/wagering contest, as described in the link I provided. Each Sunday a new contest and a new $20 to get in. For the $20 you get some free junk the most important of which is $10 in food/beverage vouchers. John Frank should love the contest you only get to select one horse and its really only $10 after walk up rebate. Plus, admission and parking are free this Sunday for "fan appreciation" days. How can anybody go wrong? Smiley

They used to have two free Survivor format contests but not recently. Maybe they did in Spring? Last Fall? One was on site for Club Haw members only, the other was online for anyone. ClockerBiggestal used to get in those. He even won some prize one year, last of two still standing at end of season or some such, and had to travel to Chicago to collect his prize. So there's ANOTHER contest winner amongst us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: