Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 30, 2014, 03:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A little info for everyone.  (Read 541 times)
HOOFHEARTED

Ignore
« on: May 21, 2007, 12:00:04 PM »

INFO ABOUT CLOTHES DRYERS

I had a wonderful morning - the heating unit went out on my dryer! Why does everything seem to fall apart this time of year!?? ?
The guy that fixes things went in to the dryer pulled out the lint filter.
It was clean. We always clean the lint from the filter after every load of clothes.
He told us that he wanted to show us something. He took the filter over to the sink, ran hot water over it.
Now, the lint filter is made of a mesh material - I'm sure you know what your dryer's lint filter looks like.
WELL.....the hot water just sat on top of the mesh!!!
It didn't go through it at all!!!
He told us that dryer sheets cause a film over the mesh, that's what burns out the heating unit. You can't SEE the film, but it's there.
This is also what causes dryer units to catch fire potentially burning your house down with it!
He said the best way to keep your dryer working for a very long time & to keep your electric bill lower is to take that filter out & wash it with hot soapy water & an old toothbrush (or other brush) at least every six months.
He said that makes the life of the dryer at least twice as long!
How about that???!!!! Learn something new everyday!
I certainly didn't know dryer sheets would do that.
So, I thought I'd share!
NOTE: I went to my dryer & tested my screen
by running water on it.
The water ran thru a little bit but mostly collected all the water in the mesh screen.
I washed it with warm soapy water & a nylon brush & I had it done in 30 seconds. Then when I rinsed it the water ran right thru the screen! There wasn't any puddle of water at all!
That repairman knew what he was talking about!
PLEASE PASS THIS ON TO OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR ADDRESS BOOK. NOT ONLY COULD IT SAVE SOMEONE'S HOME, BUT IT COULD SAVE SOMEONE'S LIFE
Report to moderator   Logged
johnav

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:50:18 PM »

This "informative" email has been going around for years. Dryer Sheets do not cause this alone, the mere fact the clothing is made of fibers is the reason.  90% of dryer isssues are due to putting more clothes than the dryer is supposed to handle or poor venting.
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: