Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 06:14:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wearable Art Done For the Year  (Read 426 times)
horseracing22

« on: May 21, 2007, 11:14:30 AM »

“Wearable Art bowed a tendon when he won the Berry's Creek,” said the 3-year-old colt’s owner and trainer, Peter Kleinhans via an email. “He's finished for the season; I'll try bringing him back at four, but I don't know if he'll make it back to the races or will be as good a horse.

“I'm crushed, but trying to make the most of it--rushing around to see if it's not too late to breed my mares to him,” Kleinhans explained. “Art's ‘dream season’ only lasted two weeks, but they were probably the most exciting two weeks of my life. I still believe he could have been one of the best 3 year olds in the history of the sport--but that's easy to say now that he's not going to have to prove it.”

Wearable Art’s victory in the $225,000 Berry’s Creek on May 5 at the Meadowlands lifted his career bankroll to $204,570 on four wins, two seconds and two thirds from eight starts. He posted a lifetime best of 1:50 flat in the Berry’s Creek, the first major stakes of the year for sophomore pacers. (by Carol Hodes
Report to moderator   Logged
race track phil

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 01:23:40 PM »

this just shows you how tough the business is one day your on top of the world and the next day your in the dumps . I feel sorry for the owner and horse cause it looked like it was going to be a big year for both. Its not the end for the horse , but its a major setback for a real nice animal .

RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: