Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 02:42:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Congrats to the White Sox  (Read 3892 times)
jrstark
Administrator

« on: October 26, 2005, 11:39:34 PM »

Wow.

Sorry about your tickets Terry.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2005, 11:58:57 PM »

My tickets didn't matter, oddly. At no time did I find myself cheering for the Astros just so I would get to see a game 6. Maybe next time, but not this year.

Now you know I have to say this just for the sake of form:

CUBS SUCK!!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 12:00:15 AM »

My tickets didn't matter, oddly. At no time did I find myself cheering for the Astros just so I would get to see a game 6. Maybe next time, but not this year.

Now you know I have to say this just for the sake of form:

CUBS SUCK!!!!!

BAH!

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Stat Man Steve
Elevator Commedian

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 12:30:51 AM »

Tis a great night for Chicago Baseball Fans!  Way to go White Sox!  What a total team! 

I'm a fan of both teams, so glad for the Sox, and snickering deep down because I know 'the bar has just been raised' for the Cubs, as well as the other sports teams in town.  And that should be a good thing. 

Congratulations to the 'Robet Barone' team.  You truly outshined 'Raymond' this time!  Enjoy the Love of Chicago!   Wink Grin
Horse Voice

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2005, 01:57:25 AM »

As a lifelong diehard Cubs fan -- and lifelong South Side Chicagoan (as in "lives in the actual city") -- all I can say about the White Sox is:

Amazing. Simply one of the most amazing baseball teams I've ever watched.

Well done, Mr. Reinsdorf, GM Kenny Williams, and Manager Ozzie Guillen. To the players: what a joy it is to watch a team who never thinks they are out of the game, no matter how far behind they are. That was the baseball of my youth.

To the White Sox fans: Congratulations! Enjoy this moment. Tell me what it feels like, because I don't know and I might not ever know. And if you ever give me any more of your bullshit excuses for not attending Sox games, you might want to see if I'm balling up my fists. Your team deserves your support, far and above the other Chicago baseball team with their 3 million-plus drunk-ass attendees (I'm loathe to call even a few of those folks "fans").
TommyCh

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2005, 10:04:22 AM »

Anybody who is a fan of the game of baseball, and that's as far as I'll go with that statement, knows the White Sox played it the way it is supposed to be played. In the clubhouse too.

StatMan, do you really believe the Cubs will see it as the bar raised or feel a need to respond? They are run by accountants and marketing professionals. By their criteria, they had a wildly successful season. I read in a book about the Cubs that when they went through that 13-game losing streak in June in the years immediately before EVERY game was sold out, one of the suits came into the monthly staff meeting and declared a great month because they had sold a lot of tickets. I think that says it.

The Sox are a perfect example of a retail model. Put out a good product and people will get enthused about it and buy it.
nwaryas

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2005, 10:59:10 AM »

Well, now that the White Sox won. The Chicago Fire are in the playoffs. They have never won the cup yet. Go FIRE!
RJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2005, 11:45:59 AM »

First of all, congrats to the White Sox!  A World Series Champion in this great city is LONG overdue.

And, yes, GO FIRE indeed!  However, I must correct our friend and point out that the Chicago Fire won both the MLS Cup and the U.S. Open Cup in 1998 - its inaugural season.  The Fire added to two additional Open Cups to their trophy case in 2000 and 2003.  The Fire also took the Supporters' Shield in 2003.

While we're at it, might as well give a shout out to the Blackhawks as they try to get their season on track with three straight against the Detroilet Dead Wings.  Let's hear it folks - Detroit Sucks!  Detroit Sucks!  Detroit Sucks!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:49:26 AM by RJ » Report to moderator   Logged
WHITESOXFAN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2005, 12:27:28 PM »

In the 1959 world series, we sat behind Nat King Cole, his family, and his entourage. Think his brother was in the Chicago area at that time.He sang the National Anthem. Always will remember the reverence with which he sang it.

Even though we lost that series to the Dodgers, always knew, sooner or later,( hopefully in my lifetime,) the Sox would prevail. Remember how much all our hearts ached at the loss, and Sherman Lollar,( the catcher ) saying,''we're down, but we're not out.

What a thrill to not only win the World series, but to witness the way it was accomplished. Sox, fans will not only have priceless memories of the'05 series, but when they look in the record books now, and in years to come, they can savor the memories, and relive the outcome all over again.It truly was a team effort.They caught magic in a bottle.

Congratulations to the White Sox, and all the fans who never stopped believing.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2005, 01:58:35 PM »

I will add my congratulations to the White Sox.  I am glad they did it in almost the minimum number of games as I don't think I could handle the tension of the games much longer.  White Sox fans are not real numerous up here in the Land Beyond the Land Beyond O'Hare so I have had to put up with heavy Cub hysteria for a long time.  It was not so much that they bad mouthed the White Sox, they treated us like we did not even exist.  I think they know we exist now.

I hope the White Sox karma translates into a winning BC Day for all of us.
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2005, 02:45:30 PM »

lol soccer are you kidding me?HOW THE HELL CAN YOU EVEN MENTION ANYTHING but the SOUTHSIDAZ right now? yours truly was down in the city last night holding up a sign that said CUBS SUCK DI*K LOL! yes it is all about the sox right now and our TRUE faithful but its icing on the cake to know you cub fans can never open your fu*kin yappers again! STREEEEEEEEEEEEETCH, you can put it on the board YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS Smiley everything was perfect except the fact we didnt get to hear the hawk call the games. joe buck and his st louis bias a$$ were terrible the entire postseason
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2005, 03:37:13 PM »

The Sox are a perfect example of a retail model. Put out a good product and people will get enthused about it and buy it.

Nothing spells excellent fans like them showing up only when you win...  Roll Eyes

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
TommyCh

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2005, 06:24:49 PM »

I don't buy into the idea that you "support your team" no matter what, especially at those prices, and go to the games. The Cubs scalp their own tickets. And the Sox started an "auction" (scalp front, I say) area for their tickets this year. That ain't cool. So unless they're making a genuine effort, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm still not exactly sure why the Sox fans turned on Reinsdorf so harshly, but winning sure solves a lot of things doesn't it?

That's why I got into thoroughbred racing and handicapping. While there is ample skulduggery in the game, at least I can participate and affect some things on my own personal merit or skills.

The Sox caught lightning in a bottle this year and it was great and I enjoyed it. But I'm way more psyched about the Breeders Cup than the White Sox.
CLOCKERbiggestal

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2005, 07:35:06 PM »

Was there a world series this year. Huh

who won.  Grin

congrats to the chisox on ending 88 years of futility.

Next series win 2093.  Cheesy

Allan

Kickers beat one-pacers almost every time.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 09:29:13 AM »

Was there a world series this year. Huh

who won.  Grin

No team from New Jersey, that's for sure.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 02:49:56 PM »

Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2005, 08:47:12 PM »

Congrats White Sox!!!!!!!
Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2005, 08:59:34 PM »

White Sox.  Chicago's real team.  The ONLY team!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: