Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 01:18:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIDEOS GALORE!!!!!!!!  (Read 9950 times)
TC

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: November 01, 2005, 07:30:13 PM »

Dan, didn't Elanor do a nice piece on you on her and Mike P.'s old Sportschannel show ?  I thought I remembered some TV time for you on that channel once.  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2005, 07:43:53 PM »

Hey EDW, do you happen to have the Jeffery Dahmer Harvard Hot Dog eating contest video? Darn I missed it. Cheesy
sn

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2005, 08:51:48 PM »

TC, I think you remember me doing that interveiw with Ellanor in the paddock on Supernight in 96!!! I had Sister luck in the Ann Vonian finale for 100K Tm drove her that night. She asked me for an interveiw in the paddock and I told her I dont do interveiws before a race to avoid the "Jinx" factor!!! She told me she would'nt use it but she did on the next Mondays show. By the way she finished a locked in running over horses 4th!!!

Thanks TM!!!!
njhorseman

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2005, 09:49:57 PM »

Paging NJ, ... do I spy the Cheetah bike on Presidential Ball there ?  My eyes are rusty.  TC

Sure looked like a Cheetah. Rosecroft was the last place to bar them.
sn

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2005, 10:56:13 PM »

Wrong again NJ steward guy, individual tracks did not bar my freind Curt Watsons bike, The U.S.T.A. did!!!!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2005, 11:11:34 PM »

Wrong again NJ steward guy, individual tracks did not bar my freind Curt Watsons bike, The U.S.T.A. did!!!!
sn, NJ and I talked about this at length a few weeks back.  He and I both remember Rosecroft being the last to stop using the Cheetah.  I don't know if the USTA banned it and RcR didn't abide or other tracks banned it on their own until the USTA decided to ban it, but RcR was definitely a straggler at banning its use.  Maybe someone who might have raced there then will chime in and try to solve this question.  TC
TC

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2005, 11:12:45 PM »

... Hawthorne had seen enough when "The Knife" got launched in the first turn behind Predator N, if I recall.  TC
sn

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2005, 11:20:27 PM »

TC, at the time the Rosecroft meet was run by the horsemen out there . The U.S.T.A. banned the bike due to urging by such drivers as John Cambell and William O'Donnel who felt it made far less ability drivers be at their level.
You are right though the drivers at Rosecroft were disobeying the U.S.T.A. memo!! for awhile
TC

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2005, 11:24:05 PM »

sn, I remember that FP had the "C" symbol in the program.  If you just punched on the Cheetahs on a Sunday afternoon, you couldn't lose.  Down there, they were taking 3 secs. off these "steeds".  It was a beautiful thing.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2005, 02:14:13 AM »

I'm waiting for videos from the 80's when racing was racing.
njhorseman

« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2005, 11:19:36 AM »

SN:
You do a really good job of making yourself look ignorant every time you open your mouth. Of course the USTA banned the Cheetah, but the USTA has no actual regulatory authority. I suggest you read the first paragraph of the USTA rule book,which states that the rules only govern non-pari-mutuel racing.  It is the individual states who set their own rules and they are under no obligation to follow the USTA.
When the USTA banned the Cheetah, all the states eventually followed, but Maryland (where Rosecroft is located) was the last to do so. As a result the Cheetah was still in use there after it had been barred everywhere else.
sn

« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2005, 11:27:24 AM »

the u.s.t.a. WAS THE FIRST TO BAR THE "CHEETAH" then it was up to racetracks to enforce the rule. Thats what I was saying!!! By the U.S.T.A. barring the bike meant no more Cheetah's could be made and sold!!!!
njhorseman

« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2005, 11:34:17 AM »

the u.s.t.a. WAS THE FIRST TO BAR THE "CHEETAH" then it was up to racetracks to enforce the rule. Thats what I was saying!!! By the U.S.T.A. barring the bike meant no more Cheetah's could be made and sold!!!!
Oh, so you also think the USTA has the authority to regulate commerce?  Roll Eyes

As long as some states allowed the bike, the manufacturer could make and sell them  if he chose to. Obviously, since most states barred the bike soon after the USTA rule change, the market dried up quickly and it would not have made sense to manufacture any more.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »

SN:
You do a really good job of making yourself look ignorant every time you open your mouth.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
Dan Nance

« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2005, 11:36:56 AM »

OK, now that you have cleared that up lets get back to some videos.
sn

« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2005, 11:41:15 AM »

Paul, after the bike was barred by the U.S.T.A. they made approval stickers for all bikes that were to be used in the U.S.A. If you showed up to race with a bike that didnt have an approval sticker you couldnt race with it!!!!
I tought you said you were atrainer and was at the barn every morn.Huh

still waiting for the awswer to that blood test question!!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2005, 12:04:32 PM »

Edward
             Can we have some races with the "Cheetah" please from Hawthorne 1994.
njhorseman

« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2005, 01:54:12 PM »

Paul, after the bike was barred by the U.S.T.A. they made approval stickers for all bikes that were to be used in the U.S.A. If you showed up to race with a bike that didnt have an approval sticker you couldnt race with it!!!!
I tought you said you were atrainer and was at the barn every morn.Huh

still waiting for the awswer to that blood test question!!!

SN:
I suggest once again that you learn the rules...WHICH ARE MADE BY THE INDIVIDUAL STATES, NOT THE USTA. The states in the east where I race, NJ, NY, and PA  haven't enforced the USTA inspection sticker rule for years. NJ just rolled it out again this year after Harmer's bike started falling apart, but it's been years since they last required the bikes to have the sticker.

I gave you the answer to the blood test question when you first asked it, which was I didn't remember because I hadn't looked at a test report in years. Who gives a damn about memorizing the normal values for any test. They are printed right on the report you get from the lab. If you can read you can interpret the test report. Since I definitely can read I don't need to memorize anything.  You might have had to memorize it because you'd never find what you asked about, "Hebegloven" or whatever you thought it is.

By the way, I never said I was a trainer. What I said was I had a private trainer for several years who worked for me, and I was at the barn every morning.
sn

« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2005, 02:05:46 PM »

NJ, I know THE RULES!!!! maybe you should refresh your memory!!! go to page I think its about 58 of the U.S.T.A. rule book and you will see the specs !!!!
Since you have addmitted that you are not and never have been a trainer, I demand you change your user name from NJ horsemen to NJ wanta be Horsemen!!! dont claim to be something that your not!!! Maybe NJ know it all is better Huh??

Easy Paul, I'm just joshin with ya!!! I know the rules, I think you will agree that when it comes to race bikes Curt is sharp and if he were a better buis. man the "Cheetah" would probally still be in use today
njhorseman

« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2005, 02:39:48 PM »

NJ, I know THE RULES!!!! maybe you should refresh your memory!!! go to page I think its about 58 of the U.S.T.A. rule book and you will see the specs !!!!
Since you have addmitted that you are not and never have been a trainer, I demand you change your user name from NJ horsemen to NJ wanta be Horsemen!!! dont claim to be something that your not!!! Maybe NJ know it all is better Huh??

Easy Paul, I'm just joshin with ya!!! I know the rules, I think you will agree that when it comes to race bikes Curt is sharp and if he were a better buis. man the "Cheetah" would probally still be in use today

You've mentioned the name Curt (Watson) twice. That name doesn't ring a bell with me. I thought the original Cheetah was designed by Craig Stein, who later invented the Blackjack. I can agree that whoever invented the Cheetah was a horrible businessman, because he didn't patent the design. As a result there were a number of knockoffs manufactured by other companies.

This discussion started when TC asked me if he was right in noting that Presidental Ball was using a Cheetah in the 1993 Messenger. His observation is correct, but it had nothing to do with the fact that horsemen bought Rosecroft (as someone conjectured), because they didn't buy the track until 1995. The USTA rule banning the Cheetah was just being adopted around the time that race was run in 2003, and there were probably any number of states that still allowed the Cheetah at that time.

By the way, the usual use of the word "horseman" also includes owners.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 02:42:37 PM by njhorseman » Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2005, 02:51:10 PM »

It was Craig Stein.
sn

« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2005, 02:52:39 PM »

NJ Paul, Curt Warson was the inventor of the "Cheetah" he produced the first one for Case and Bob Glazier A.K.A. Peter Pan for a 30 day exclusive use at Northfield park for a $15,000 fee!!!
Craig Stein got involved with Curt to mass produce the bike after Curt showed up at Northfield with the bike for Glazier!!!
The U.S.T.A. changed the rules to ban the "Cheetah" around Sept. of 94!!! If you can see a U.S.T.A. rulebook, like I said its on around page 58 or 59 I think that will spell it all out for you exact if that is what you want.
Stop nitpicking about the bike already Paul!!!

By the way is Jerry Jones considered a football guy???
« Last Edit: November 02, 2005, 02:54:20 PM by sn » Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2005, 03:13:45 PM »

NJ Paul, Curt Warson was the inventor of the "Cheetah" he produced the first one for Case and Bob Glazier A.K.A. Peter Pan for a 30 day exclusive use at Northfield park for a $15,000 fee!!!
Craig Stein got involved with Curt to mass produce the bike after Curt showed up at Northfield with the bike for Glazier!!!
The U.S.T.A. changed the rules to ban the "Cheetah" around Sept. of 94!!! If you can see a U.S.T.A. rulebook, like I said its on around page 58 or 59 I think that will spell it all out for you exact if that is what you want.
Stop nitpicking about the bike already Paul!!!

By the way is Jerry Jones considered a football guy???

The committee that advised the USTA to ban the Cheetah made its recommendations in August, 1993, but you are correct that the rule was not officially adopted by the USTA until March, 1994 at its annual meeting. However, the effect of the committee's recommendation was to effectively kill sales of the Cheetah immediately, and the manufacturer, Supersulky, went out of business long before the rule was ofiicially adopted in 1994. But, as you say, enough nitpicking.  Wink

What does Jerry Jones have to do with anything? That's football. We're talking harness racing, and the definition of the word "horseman" has always included owners. Besides, my personal involvement was quite a bit deeper and more "hands-on" than the typical owner.
sn

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2005, 03:36:04 PM »

NJ, horsemen are Drivers, trainers and grooms!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2005, 03:42:01 PM »

NJ, horsemen are Drivers, trainers and grooms!!!!

Scott,  not to be "mean" -- but I suspect this "you and them" attitude may contibute to the problems of finding owners these days...

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: