Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 21, 2014, 03:00:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VIDEOS GALORE!!!!!!!!  (Read 10050 times)
njhorseman

« Reply #100 on: November 03, 2005, 12:57:43 PM »

Owners are owners they should do that. OWN!!! if they would like to call the shots, like paul said go take the test its a breeze anyone can pass it!!!

Wonder why Paul never took it though?Huh

SN:
Very simply because I had no interest in being listed as my horses' trainer. As long as I was paying someone else to train, why should I put my name down and risk the ability to race my horses in case of a positive?
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #101 on: November 03, 2005, 01:00:32 PM »

SN:
Very simply because I had no interest in being listed as my horses' trainer. As long as I was paying someone else to train, why should I put my name down and risk the ability to race my horses in case of a positive?

So you're saying that you were doing the training but used someone else as a " ghost " trainer.
njhorseman

« Reply #102 on: November 03, 2005, 01:12:42 PM »

So you're saying that you were doing the training but used someone else as a " ghost " trainer.

No...I managed the business aspects of the stable and more or less worked as a groom in the barn...cleaning stalls, bathing and cooling out the horses, etc. The trainer did his normal thing, but as a courtesy and out ofdeference to the fact that I was paying his salary would consult with me on such things as vet work and if he wanted to do anything significantly different in classifying the horse. He alos gave me the couryesy of trying some of my ideas on training routines and rigging. Sometimes my ideas were better, sometimes his were better. It was amutually respectful working relationship.
Dan Nance

« Reply #103 on: November 03, 2005, 01:26:04 PM »

No...I managed the business aspects of the stable and more or less worked as a groom in the barn...cleaning stalls, bathing and cooling out the horses, etc. The trainer did his normal thing, but as a courtesy and out ofdeference to the fact that I was paying his salary would consult with me on such things as vet work and if he wanted to do anything significantly different in classifying the horse. He alos gave me the couryesy of trying some of my ideas on training routines and rigging. Sometimes my ideas were better, sometimes his were better. It was amutually respectful working relationship.

Paul

With all do respect I think you should have hired yourself a LEADING trainer and stayed out of the barn and let the guy make you money.

What kind of operation was your training running having his owner cleaning stalls and bathing horses? Didn't he have any grooms to do the rubbing or were you trying so save money by doing it yourself. That's no way for a trainer to run a stable, having his owner work like a groom.

I would never allow an owner in my barn who wanted to work as a groom and tell me where to classify horses and how I should train the horse or rig the horse. This may be one of the reasons you were out of the business as an owner for some time now.

Can you send me a copy of your book COD? I want to read this book it must be interesting.   
njhorseman

« Reply #104 on: November 03, 2005, 01:39:00 PM »

Paul

With all do respect I think you should have hired yourself a LEADING trainer and stayed out of the barn and let the guy make you money.

What kind of operation was your training running having his owner cleaning stalls and bathing horses? Didn't he have any grooms to do the rubbing or were you trying so save money by doing it yourself. That's no way for a trainer to run a stable, having his owner work like a groom.

I would never allow an owner in my barn who wanted to work as a groom and tell me where to classify horses and how I should train the horse or rig the horse. This may be one of the reasons you were out of the business as an owner for some time now.

Can you send me a copy of your book COD? I want to read this book it must be interesting.   

Dan:
For years my horses were trained by a leading trainer, and it was there that I learned basic horsemanship. The private stable was something I did for my own enjoyment after I took early retirement.

As can happen in this business, some years were good, and some were bad. One year we won 28% of our races and finished 1-2-3 with 50%.

I haven't been out because of anything that happened with that stable. I'm not going to bother with the details, but i got out after being involved in a lawsuit (which was settled out of court in my favor) with a leading auction house, one of the country's leading trainers and some of his owners. I won, but i was fed up with the fraud and bullshit that goes on in this business, so I got out.

By the way, if you seriously want to read my book, send me your address, and I'll give you a free copy.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: