Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:09:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MWG AND DAN *** THANKS .  (Read 1406 times)
race track phil

« on: May 11, 2007, 12:13:50 AM »

I'm posting this on a new thread for Dan and MWG .

Dan thanks for posting those great memories we shared and MWG thanks for saying the kind words about my horse .

I'll tell you both what happened that day at Freehold it was a very unual day .  Early in the day it rained like I was in vietnam and it was so bad that the plane my nephew and Dave Magee were on was diverted to another airport and they said it was a nightmare trip . Dave made it to the track just in time to for the post parade . every race that day no horse could come close on the lead the track was so back it was a joke . Later that day the track dried out and you could win on lead . There were 2 divisions in the graduate series that day and naturally we were in the wrong one , but he ran so good the race secretary begged me to keep him there for another race where he said that he would be a cinch in the next field for 25 k !  he was acting like Ritmo would get the rail and be in with not so good horses . You would have had to be there to understand what he was saying . I told him NO and went to the next leg at Rosecroft . And thats another long story ! I have tell Dan that he was wrong on how I purchased Ritmo !  i'm sure he got a little confused cause I did make a lot of scores of my Heather Molly . I actually decided to buy Ritmo when I bet a 600 dollar quinella with one of Dans horses , Ritmo was on the lead and here came Skipper Z dans horse who I knew was going to be good , I think it was Skipper , but anyway Ritmo stopped in the last 20 yards like he got hit in the head with a hammer and blew 2nd to a real pig ! the gimmick was paying 23.00 and I was steamed how he could look that good and quit . I knew that I mst get this horse away from Jack Ackermen who was a fine horsemen but could'nt drive a lick at this time !  he next week i got lucky and hit the pick 6 and got back 42,000 !  I was the only winner !  The next day I called dan and told him bring the trailer I'm going to buy Ritmo . The rest is history !

RTP     

Thanks dan for those pictures !  Harry's Colt one of my favorite horses cause he had a great personality .  Dan and Scott did a great job with Harry he went from not winning at Balmoral too winning twice at the BIG M !  By the way that was the only time in my life that I had a beard !  I shaved it off real quick !  Today I would be a suspected terrorist the way I looked and never be able to fly !      maroon               
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 12:19:02 AM by race track phil » Report to moderator   Logged
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 12:27:36 AM »

Dan thanks for posting those great memories we shared and MWG thanks for saying the kind words about my horse .

I'll tell you both what happened that day at Freehold it was a very unual day .  Early in the day it rained like I was in vietnam and it was so bad that the plane my nephew and Dave Magee were on was diverted to another airport and they said it was a nightmare trip . Dave made it to the track just in time to for the post parade . every race that day no horse could come close on the lead the track was so back it was a joke . Later that day the track dried out and you could win on lead . There were 2 divisions in the graduate series that day and naturally we were in the wrong one , but he ran so good the race secretary begged me to keep him there for another race where he said that he would be a cinch in the next field for 25 k !  he was acting like Ritmo would get the rail and be in with not so good horses . You would have had to be there to understand what he was saying . I told him NO and went to the next leg at Rosecroft . And thats another long story ! I have tell Dan that he was wrong on how I purchased Ritmo !  i'm sure he got a little confused cause I did make a lot of scores of my Heather Molly . I actually decided to buy Ritmo when I bet a 600 dollar quinella with one of Dans horses , Ritmo was on the lead and here came Skipper Z dans horse who I knew was going to be good , I think it was Skipper , but anyway Ritmo stopped in the last 20 yards like he got hit in the head with a hammer and blew 2nd to a real pig ! the gimmick was paying 23.00 and I was steamed how he could look that good and quit . I knew that I mst get this horse away from Jack Ackermen who was a fine horsemen but could'nt drive a lick at this time !  he next week i got lucky and hit the pick 6 and got back 42,000 !  I was the only winner !  The next day I called dan and told him bring the trailer I'm going to buy Ritmo . The rest is history !

RTP     

Thanks dan for those pictures !  Harry's Colt one of my favorite horses cause he had a great personality .  Dan and Scott did a great job with Harry he went from not winning at Balmoral too winning twice at the BIG M !  By the way that was the only time in my life that I had a beard !  I shaved it off real quick !  Today I would be a suspected terrorist the way I looked and never be able to fly !      maroon               
Phil, give us the details. When did you buy the big horse? and if you don't mind saying how much$$$ did you pay?
Bigdaddy,
Joe
Report to moderator   Logged
MWG

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2007, 12:34:59 AM »

RTP - As I said I didn't have the pleasure of seeing Ritmo race, however, to race in the company of a horse like Pershing Square was
quite an accomplishment. Pershing Square, along with the great Nihilator, were probably the two best sons of Niatross. Pershing Square had a LT mark of 1:52:2 and LT earnings of $ 812K ($ 451K in 1985 alone); he also beat the great Falcon Seelster in the Messenger Stakes. Must have been a big thrill just to be in the race much less finishing second.
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2007, 12:44:11 AM »

Bigdaddy

I bought him for 18 k cash just like Dan said .

I think it was november 1985 ! 
              He died thanksgiving day 1988 !
                                    RTP
race track phil

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 12:48:49 AM »

MWG ,

You are dead right it was the thrill of my life watching my horse compete and beat Pershing Square and run with Armbro dallas !

Those are great memories for me and I wish every owner could experience that feeling of having a big time horse .

You feel 10 feet walking to the winners circle !

Like Cagney said   TOP OF THE WORLD !

RTP
MWG

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 12:53:31 AM »

MWG ,

You are dead right it was the thrill of my life watching my horse compete and beat Pershing Square and run with Armbro dallas !

Those are great memories for me and I wish every owner could experience that feeling of having a big time horse .

You feel 10 feet walking to the winners circle !

Like Cagney said   TOP OF THE WORLD !

RTP

And I forgot to mention Armbro Dallas, the eventual race winner, had LT earnings of $ 1.4 M. You almost pulled off a great victory against two great mid-late 80's champions. I'd have been shaking in my boots. lol
bigdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 12:58:10 AM »

Bigdaddy

I bought him for 18 k cash just like Dan said .

I think it was november 1985 ! 
              He died thanksgiving day 1988 !
                                    RTP
WOW! I didn't realize what a short time you owned him. What amazes me is how much of an impact Ritmo made on me. What I am trying to say is he is one of the Horses I will never forget.

I guess a three year span for a Great horse can imprint a memory in someones mind, but when I hear the name Ritmo I never thought about how long he raced.

Ritmo is one of the horses I remember most, along with Fly Fly Solly, Childwood Hanover, etc......

I could name a bunch, but I think you get my point.
Bigdaddy,
Joe
Gb

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 06:12:17 AM »

I saw that thread as well and it was really cool seeing all them pictures. That is what these forums are all about!!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:26:25 AM »

And I forgot to mention Armbro Dallas, the eventual race winner, had LT earnings of $ 1.4 M. You almost pulled off a great victory against two great mid-late 80's champions. I'd have been shaking in my boots. lol
Wasn't Armbro Dallas the horse who beat Niahlator at Garden State Park?
FreeLegged

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 09:29:31 AM »

RTP     

RTP..now, based on your previous logic, none of this stuff really counts since it involved freehold + rosecroft and not the big M, right? And no they werent as good as meadowlands back then.

(see how foolish this sounds when you say it doesnt count for Tony Morgan because it isnt done at meadowlands??)
race track phil

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2007, 11:37:36 AM »

Freelegged ,

First of all that was a series with Big M horses !

Second horses and drivers a little different dont you think !

Third he ran at the Big m the following leg and got beat bad !

Just like morgan he just was'nt good enough to compete at the
                   Big m . !

Apples and oranges ! 

I hope that clears my logic up for you .

RTP
FreeLegged

« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2007, 11:45:16 AM »

yes it does RTP. As long as you remain consistent in that nothing counts(past ,present or future) unless it happened/happens at meadowlands. And as always, thank you for being a gentleman in your response.  thumbs up
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: