Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 02, 2014, 09:11:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: YONKERS EPO TESTS  (Read 1553 times)
MWG

« on: May 02, 2007, 08:25:06 PM »

Posters at Harness List, a mainly East Coast (NY/NJ/PA) harness racing forum, are reporting that recent EPO tests at Yonkers have resulted in some BIG names being found in possible violation and the official news may be released as early as this Friday. Two reputable Harness List posters indicated "big names are involved', including one noted NY vet. Another poster, creditability unknown to me, states he heard the names to be "Burke/M,Case/T,Fusco/P,Morgan/V, and one other. Anyone heard more on this issue ?

Sure hope this is no more than unjustified rumor for the sake of the industry's already suffering image.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2007, 08:30:16 PM by MWG » Report to moderator   Logged
HH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 09:05:18 PM »

I also heard there were a bunch of positives for EPO.  Didn't get any names, though.  We should hear something soon.
Report to moderator   Logged
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 09:44:12 PM »

after what i have gone threw i dont wish anything bad on anybody, but with that being said i am so against EPO  if they did test pos, for it  toss them for a long time  . I think stuff like this will in time bring back the big crowds and trust of the fans  . Put it in all the news papers and let people know that  using a enhancer as strong as epo will not be tolerated .
Buffaloboy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 10:55:50 PM »

In today's society, perception is reality. Thats why in my opinion, for better or worse, Yonkers needs to address this hard and fast. If this is true, I dont like what I see already that they are holding of on annmouncements.

When will Barn To Wire finally do the right thing and ban Clockerterry & Edwarren for their continued lies, anti-American & anti-semetic statements and their general disrutpive stupidity? 

“The answer to a government that’s too big is to stop feeding its growth.” - President Ronald W. Reagan
talking head

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 05:52:48 AM »

Any News! Huh
MWG

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2007, 09:15:27 AM »

Any News! Huh

Have heard nothing since original postings on Harness List forum; will advise if anything new. For the sake of racing, I hope this is, perhaps, an unsubstantiated rumor, at best.
pork

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2007, 10:31:33 AM »

after what i have gone threw i dont wish anything bad on anybody, but with that being said i am so against EPO  if they did test pos, for it  toss them for a long time  . I think stuff like this will in time bring back the big crowds and trust of the fans  . Put it in all the news papers and let people know that  using a enhancer as strong as epo will not be tolerated .
Your wording-Using an enhancer as strong as epo will not be tolerated--is interesting. Does this mean that you feel that it's OK to cheat a little bit-as long as it's not as strong as epo?? Just a little soda wont hurt-right.  Cheating is cheating--kind of like being just a little pregnant!
eggiewon

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2007, 10:16:25 PM »

to explain my wording theres nothing wrong with giving a jug 5 days out ..or any therapudic (sp)  drug  to prevent bleeding  tying up  soreness  as long as it is given within the guidelines  of the commision  these things wont kill horses  like epo will doh doh
njhorseman

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »

to explain my wording theres nothing wrong with giving a jug 5 days out ..or any therapudic (sp)  drug  to prevent bleeding  tying up  soreness  as long as it is given within the guidelines  of the commision  these things wont kill horses  like epo will doh doh

You are absolutely right. And in fact, if there are trainers who are not administering legal therapeutic medications to treat their horses problems, within commission guidelines, they are not doing all they can to help their horses perform at their best.
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2007, 07:26:28 AM »

You are absolutely right. And in fact, if there are trainers who are not administering legal therapeutic medications to treat their horses problems, within commission guidelines, they are not doing all they can to help their horses perform at their best.
   It is refreshing to see someone say "you are absolutely right" to Eggiewon.He is in the trenches ,has first hand experience and has been willing to share. I haven't always agreed with him, but he need not be everybodies whipping boy. Just looking in  and hoping everyone gets treated fair.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
pork

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2007, 12:16:43 PM »

http://
The operant words are: legal, therapeutic, within commission guidelines. Live there and you don't get suspended.Cheating is still cheating.
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2007, 03:37:26 PM »

http://The operant words are: legal, therapeutic, within commission guidelines. Live there and you don't get suspended.Cheating is still cheating.

I didn't use those words by accident, you know.  Grin
pork

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:14 PM »

I didn't use those words by accident, you know.  Grin
I suspected as much. Thought it deserved emphasis since some don't seem to discern the difference.  When a trainer takes UNFAIR advantage, by whatever illegal means, a little or a lot, soda or EPO, it changes the playing field. As an owner, who may be racing against that unfair advantage, I take exception to that. Just want a level track--You beat me fair and square, I congratulate you.  Otherwise, I have no sympathy when you get caught.  Good racing to all who play by the rules.  Pork

FreeLegged

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2007, 08:49:48 PM »

You beat me fair and square, I congratulate you.  Otherwise, I have no sympathy when you get caught

EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!

Still, the best way to handle this is when a trainer gets a suspension, ALL horses under his/her care at that time get the same suspension. Make suspensions severe, and if they get caught a second time....double it. All owners old or new, would sign something saying yes I am aware of these penalties. And if they are joining a trainer with a shady past, have it spelled out in writing and warn them that this person has been unethical in the past and you are taking a risk in not being allowed to race any of your horses for a year if he gets caught again. Sooner or later this will weed out owners and trainers who find cheating acceptable.
pork

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2007, 09:19:08 PM »

You beat me fair and square, I congratulate you.  Otherwise, I have no sympathy when you get caught

EXACTLY RIGHT!!!!

Still, the best way to handle this is when a trainer gets a suspension, ALL horses under his/her care at that time get the same suspension. Make suspensions severe, and if they get caught a second time....double it. All owners old or new, would sign something saying yes I am aware of these penalties. And if they are joining a trainer with a shady past, have it spelled out in writing and warn them that this person has been unethical in the past and you are taking a risk in not being allowed to race any of your horses for a year if he gets caught again. Sooner or later this will weed out owners and trainers who find cheating acceptable.
Great concept.  Agree totally.  However, reality surfaces, it will be a cold day in Hell when the USTA or tracks short of horses have the balls to institute  such a program. One would hope that slots money Will allow tracks to be more selective with suspect owners/trainers.  Time will tell.  Pork
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: