Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 10:47:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN DREW  (Read 1043 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: October 24, 2005, 12:46:14 PM »

Despite being on the front end a little early and being brushed by a Banca-to-Anderson trainee (Pacific Admiral), John Drew gave a good accounting of himself, finishing 2nd to a properly-gaited Suffern's Z Tam.  The mile went in 1:52 flat.  It could be on to the Big M for the Oil Burner Series in weeks for the colt if things fall just right.  The owners are enjoying this animal too much to sell, unless an earth-shaking offer comes their way.  Here's to John Drew finishing the season in fine fashion !  TC
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 06:41:06 PM »

I may be wrong but I'm not that impressed with the horse.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 07:02:26 PM »

I liked the way he raced when he missed a week and did scope sick after his  last.  I don't think this is a front end horse, but he can grind and can close into honest fractions.  I didn't care for the way the track played Saturday, and I know that Magee was concerned about the Banca-to-Anderson horse being a monster - hence the grab in lieu of a hang job.  The mile was the co- 2nd fastest of the evening, and the animal still paces clean.  I guess time will tell.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 07:14:59 PM »

I liked the way he raced when he missed a week and did scope sick after his  last.  I don't think this is a front end horse, but he can grind and can close into honest fractions.  I didn't care for the way the track played Saturday, and I know that Magee was concerned about the Banca-to-Anderson horse being a monster - hence the grab in lieu of a hang job.  The mile was the co- 2nd fastest of the evening, and the animal still paces clean.  I guess time will tell.  TC

TC

#1..... Why are they always sick after they get beat at 3-5? #2...... I wouldn't worry about anything Anderson races these days. #3....... When a 99-1 shot wins that tells me the whole field wasn't much. #4...... People need a reality check when they start talking 120K.

TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 07:47:34 PM »

Sorry Dan, my bad. He scoped sick two weeks ago, not on Saturday.  I wasn't impressed with the :29 last quarter, but this horse needs to roll right now every week to be a true earner IMO.  Lightly raced horses like John Drew need to start competing week in and week out.  Racing him here in IL is a misdeed in that this animal has style and a clean gait.  It's only been a couple of starts for the new connections, and I'm giving him a break off of the new tactics (i.e. early move).  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 09:49:17 PM »

Sorry Dan, my bad. He scoped sick two weeks ago, not on Saturday.  I wasn't impressed with the :29 last quarter, but this horse needs to roll right now every week to be a true earner IMO.  Lightly raced horses like John Drew need to start competing week in and week out.  Racing him here in IL is a misdeed in that this animal has style and a clean gait.  It's only been a couple of starts for the new connections, and I'm giving him a break off of the new tactics (i.e. early move).  TC

TC

Three years old going on four. Where has he been all this time and so few starts? That tells me there is a problem somewhere, clean gait or not. I wish DH all the luck in the world with the horse and hope he kills them at the Big M.
off stride

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2006, 08:20:35 AM »

I may be wrong but I'm not that impressed with the horse.

once again..alfred e nance..proves a prophet he isnt

« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 01:59:05 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: