Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 12:12:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the board  (Read 3524 times)
Joie

Ignore
« on: April 24, 2007, 11:21:24 AM »

Hello,
I am new to the forum. I live in Sterling, IL and I own the thoroughbred stallion WICKLOW HIGHLANDS. He is new to IL in 2006, and he only bred one mare last season. She aborted missed twins several months ago, so at this point, there are no foals on the ground. Currently, he is in Kansas servicing several mares. He will return in June, and stand the remainder of the season here (servicing my warmblood mares). He will be available for 2008 and beyond as an Illinois stallion. My partner and I were going to split his time between here and Missouri, however, this knocks him out of the running for any IL breds incentives, from what I understand.
SO, he will be available to service mares beginning in February 2008, and I will have everything in order for the 2008 breeding season by then. I would happily offer **significant** discounts to anyone who is interested in breeding mares on a late cover this year, though.
He is a very nice horse, not very "modern" bloodlines, but he was a real workhorse with a LOOONG history of soundness over 98 starts and 9 seasons. He has earnings in excess of $625,000 and is Graded Stakes placed. He can be seen on my website:

http://www.four-leaf-farm.com

I also own a bay sabino stallion, though he is currently on a long-term lease in Utah. He can also be seen on my website.

Thanks, and I look forward to reading these discussions.
Report to moderator   Logged
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 06:23:52 PM »

Heya Joie,

Did you by chance get Wicklow Highlands from or through Cindy McGuire in Maryland/Pennsylvania? We use Cindy to board some of our "eastern" Broodmares because of the incentive program in PA now that they have slots legislation. Cindy is a wonderful lady. She just mentioned to me last week a story about Wicklow, and now you posted this. Small world!!

Below is our website:

http://rogersranchstable.com/
Joie

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 07:09:59 PM »

Hello, and yes! I did purchase him from Cindy McGuire in PA.

Actually, you probably don't recall, but I actually called you several weeks ago (Tammy Sinnett forwarded me your website with an ad saying that you were looking for a stallion to stand. When I called I spoke with Maryann.) Unfortunately, I think you had already found someone or decided against standing a stallion. So, a small world it certainly is!

Tell Cindy HELLO! I need to send her new pictures of him when he gets home. He is definately a handsome boy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: