Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 10:10:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hawthorne 2 Year Old in Training Sale  (Read 3636 times)
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2007, 07:48:31 AM »

Just woke up to a rainy mess.
I can only imagine how the track looks.Wonder if they are going to do the works at 11?
Report to moderator   Logged

I drink,I smoke,I gamble.
What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
ggenie

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2007, 08:19:41 AM »

It's a real muddy mess here at Hawthorne this am.  Track is hard.  The talk among trainers is if the track does not get better ( it has stopped raining ) we'll gallop not breeze.  No use taking a shot with a horse whose knees may not be closed yet or shins might be tender.  That won't do the buyers or the sellers any good ( or the horses ).
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2007, 08:28:22 AM »

Thanks G.
Will the horses still be able to run in the stakes because they galloped instead of breezed?

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2007, 09:02:12 AM »

It's a real muddy mess here at Hawthorne this am.  Track is hard.  The talk among trainers is if the track does not get better ( it has stopped raining ) we'll gallop not breeze.  No use taking a shot with a horse whose knees may not be closed yet or shins might be tender.  That won't do the buyers or the sellers any good ( or the horses ).

genie,

Why isn't the catalog available on-line?
Exbourne
Drunk fat and good

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2007, 09:07:37 AM »

Beau,

I just talked to some folks.Starting next year the book will be online.
As for this year it will not be avalible.
Just talked to my trainer.I would only gallop today.

What a Life!!!
7/29/05.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2007, 09:20:15 AM »

Thanks Joe.

We need to get out of the dark ages.
sailchgo

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 09:53:52 PM »

Just a complete joke not to have the book on-line.  Any two bit web operator would scan the book into a PDF file for $50 or less.

Who is going to be at the sale?  I'm going and would like to meet some of you guys.
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2007, 12:19:55 AM »

I'm not going because they are to cheap to put a catalog online. They must have nothing but shit horses, and don't want anyone to see before the sale.

There is NO WAY that I will enter any of my 4 yearlings into next years 2 yo sale in Illinios if they refuse to post a catalog online. I would rather go to any state wherwe they do it right.

In 2009 I will have 7 - 2yo's.
In 2010 I will have 12 - 2yo's.

If the ITBOF doesn't care about us owners and breeders - why should we care about them??
BeauNarro

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »

Better yet.

I will make an offer to the ITBOF and Arrigo Auctioneers.

Send me the catalog via e-mail or messinger, and I will post it on my personal website so that all can view it. I will also create a link page just for "Illinois Auction" so that everyone that is interested can easily find it.

Jim C

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2007, 01:18:03 AM »

This sale would do so much better if it were later in June and still at AP. If it were in June all the Illinois buy backs from the other sales from March, April and May could come back and go in the sale here. HUGE marketing mistake moving the sale from AP back to Hawthorne. But if there is a group more bassackwards than the ITHA its the ITBOF! Just look at the timing on this sale, the April OBS sale ends on Friday and the sale here is Saturday. Totally cuts out any consignor that even MIGHT try and sell here who has horses at OBS in April. Bad planning for the date bad marketing with no catalog on line. Still wish them luck and hope they do better next year planning the sale.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2007, 01:31:39 AM »

Better yet.

I will make an offer to the ITBOF and Arrigo Auctioneers.

Send me the catalog via e-mail or messinger, and I will post it on my personal website so that all can view it. I will also create a link page just for "Illinois Auction" so that everyone that is interested can easily find it.

Jesus H., I never heard such whining! The catalogs are right where they have always been, every year since Hector was a pup, whether at Hawthorne or AP, on a table next to the license office. Get one of your many Hawthorne contacts to pick one up for you, or better yet, go to the track and get one for yourself like everyone else did.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2007, 08:38:31 AM »

That said, this is the new Millennium. They must have created this on a computer and it's so simple to post it to a web site. I'm surprised Haw didn't just post it.

/That said, our office is no better. We have certain documents that lawyers want to use to get potential clients and their minions have to come in twice a week or so and write down the information. One woman brings a portable copier. It's just stupid. I offered to put these docs on a web site, but noooooooooo!
glf

« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »

good luck
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 11:05:01 PM by g » Report to moderator   Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: