Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 27, 2014, 10:16:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tipping mutuel clerks?  (Read 3627 times)
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2007, 08:55:21 PM »

They promise "The MOON"?? Don't believe a word of it!!! I'm not leaving the GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD for Lala Land!

maroon
Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2007, 10:08:01 PM »

HAHAHA!  We could use THE MOON at our OTB for a day though.  We need some humor, some wine and some CHEESE.
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2007, 10:02:13 AM »

never tipped a teller, if you left your money at the window , do you think they would call you back to get it ? and what about the teller that snatch the winnig pick six ticket, i think it was a couple of years back on bcc day. they lie , cheat, steal, make fun of your picks, laugh at you as you leave the window... why bother ?

heck, i don't even know why i am supposed to tip a waitress, i mean they get paid, the food prices are on the menu ? why the extra money ?
ClaudiaM

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2007, 01:11:40 PM »

Hi,
In my hometown, Buenos Aires, we allways tip the clerks at the payoff winner (tiny, very small) if they smile and make friendly small talk..In the various restaurants and clubs, bets are made and paid by a pair, usually male and female, at your table--you offer them a drink, they always say no and then you hand them a bill with a big flourish for the benefit of others in the joint so they can applaud your win--At Plaermo, one of our half dozen local tracks, the payor will often hand a lady winner a lovely red rose along with her winnings--

I am sure that this whole procedure sounds silly to many of you, but Romace and Tradition are not such terrible things.. Yes???

BTW--This is my first day in your very nice site--name is Claudia Monteverdi, Italian\Argentine raised on my family's Patagonian (Argentina) horse farm with adjoining HARAS (not sure of English word for this, any help welcomed)--I work in the Women's Fashion Industry, play polo, and dance like a fool, tango of course!

note--My wise grandfather, best handicapper in world history, has bred many of the best horses racing in the States, France, Italy, England and Dubai--including one recent U.S. Champ who you all know very well--

So, I am a  lost soul here, feeling my way around and would welcome any of brainy advice and counsel from you guys!!

Love, Kisses & Good Luck,

Claudia
 heart

Best of Luck,

Claudia

Betting Levels: W\P\S: $10\$20\$30 Exacta & DD: $5.00
All Other: $2.00 Unless otherwise indicated

A caval donato non si guarda in bocca

ClaudiaM@BestBetOfTheDay.com
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2007, 01:38:50 PM »

As stated earlier - yes I tip the clerks, but it's very rare. It's usually when I cash a huge winner. I honestly don't do it for any other reason than a philosophy of mine which is "You've got to give it away to keep it".
Anyone at Hawthorne that knows me has seen me handing out 5 and 10 dollar bills to the track bums (or anyone that approaches me) when I hit big. It makes me feel good, and it also comes back to me in more ways than I can say. Call it superstition or whatever you want but HEY - if it feels good do it!
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 02:03:31 PM »

Hi,
In my hometown, Buenos Aires, we allways tip the clerks at the payoff winner (tiny, very small) if they smile and make friendly small talk..In the various restaurants and clubs, bets are made and paid by a pair, usually male and female, at your table--you offer them a drink, they always say no and then you hand them a bill with a big flourish for the benefit of others in the joint so they can applaud your win--At Plaermo, one of our half dozen local tracks, the payor will often hand a lady winner a lovely red rose along with her winnings--

I am sure that this whole procedure sounds silly to many of you, but Romace and Tradition are not such terrible things.. Yes???

BTW--This is my first day in your very nice site--name is Claudia Monteverdi, Italian\Argentine raised on my family's Patagonian (Argentina) horse farm with adjoining HARAS (not sure of English word for this, any help welcomed)--I work in the Women's Fashion Industry, play polo, and dance like a fool, tango of course!

note--My wise grandfather, best handicapper in world history, has bred many of the best horses racing in the States, France, Italy, England and Dubai--including one recent U.S. Champ who you all know very well--

So, I am a  lost soul here, feeling my way around and would welcome any of brainy advice and counsel from you guys!!

Love, Kisses & Good Luck,

Claudia
 heart

so ahhh.. Claudia are you saying your grandfather bred INVASOR ?
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 02:47:43 PM »

Anyone at Hawthorne that knows me has seen me handing out 5 and 10 dollar bills to the track bums (or anyone that approaches me) when I hit big. It makes me feel good, and it also comes back to me in more ways than I can say. Call it superstition or whatever you want but HEY - if it feels good do it!

Hey, Beau, are you going to be at Arlington and where will you be?
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 03:13:16 PM »

Yeah, I want to follow Beau around, too!

Hahahaha! Good one, APCD!

maroon
The Commander

If you come at the King. You best not miss.

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 08:01:14 PM »

Hook it up Beau!!!!!!!!

pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 08:18:44 PM »

I'm laughing too. 

One day a man outside the OTB asked my husband and I for $48 to pay his hotel bill and get back to work.  He said his boss left him in the lurch for the bill and they took his tools until he pays the bill.  So I took out three 20s and gave them to him.  My husband was thinking I was nuts.  Sure enough the clerk inside told him that guy is always with that story.

BUT I won all day and my husband says next day he's going to hand out sixty bucks to the first guy he sees outside the OTB.

Karma!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: