Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 12:14:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Reuben Sandwich  (Read 3870 times)
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 04:07:40 PM »

YES!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
edwarren

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2007, 04:08:27 PM »

Smoked salmon!  Reuben sandwiches!   

Whoa....at our places, they don't even know what those foods ARE.

Where the heck do you live?
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2007, 04:38:14 PM »

In the second most expensive place to live in the nation. That's why I am so surprised what we get to choose from at the tracks and off tracks.  Monterey county, California,
edwarren

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2007, 04:46:57 PM »

Whenever I say Monterey, I catch myself rolling my r's. The sound drifts from my throat like smoke upon the water.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 04:48:02 PM »

OK..getting a bit away from the racetracks you just HAVE to try Al's Charhouse in downtown La Grange. It's on the west side of La Grange Road - about 1 block south of the commuter tracks. It's downstairs, and they have a Western accent and decorating. If you have a party and tell them they will come out and all the waiters and waitresses sing you a song complete with tooters and tambourines!!

They have the biggest and juiciest steaks you will ever try to eat. My favorite is the 46 ounce
Porterhouse. They also have a 58 ounce New York strip, and the last time I was there Al said he's adding some HUGE 68 ounce monster to the menu. The baked potatoes weigh about 2 pounds, you get about a pound of steamed vegetables, and if 2 people or more order salad - they bring out a "pass around" salad in about a 2 gallon bowl (with croutons as big as walnuts).
They also have huge chicken dishes, seafood, and about anything else you like.

If you order a "Texas" sized drink it will be about 4 drinks in one glass, but it only costs about $8.50. I only have one and am well inebriated when I leave..WOOHOO!!

Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2007, 04:52:41 PM »

i have not eaten 46 ounces of beef the entire year combined.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2007, 05:37:15 PM »

Oh, and BTW, the only reason I go to McDonalds or Taco Bell is because they have unlimited sodas. This is the greatest deal ever. Especially for me, because I always have a soda in hand.

You go to some cheesy restaurant and the food ISN'T.THAT.MUCH.BETTER, but they charge you $1.50 for an 12 oz. soda which is filled to the top with ice! Do that 3 or 4 times and your cheesy $10 meal quickly becomes a $20 meal. All of sudden, McDonald's starts looking good.

It's always better to eat at home, though, which I do 90% of the time. With my Soda Club home soda maker. www.sodaclubusa.com
our favorite omen

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2007, 06:58:05 PM »

Moon, soda, even diet soda is not good for you.  Drink some water or some beer.  Much better for you.  If you were to go to McD's and order a glass with ice, for some tap water, you would be in much better shape.  It would reduce the Supersize Me effect.
Morgan Sperlock.
David

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2007, 07:12:03 PM »

You go to some cheesy restaurant and the food ISN'T.THAT.MUCH.BETTER, but they charge you $1.50 for an 12 oz. soda which is filled to the top with ice! Do that 3 or 4 times and your cheesy $10 meal quickly becomes a $20 meal. All of sudden, McDonald's starts looking good.

I don't know of any restaurants that charge for refills of soda anymore, at least none that I can think of. Maybe if you are sitting at a bar just drinking soda all day, but that really isn't a restaurant thing to me
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2007, 07:54:56 PM »

Just the name "Charhouse" and I'm IN.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2007, 08:31:17 PM »

Moon, soda, even diet soda is not good for you.  Drink some water or some beer.  Much better for you.  If you were to go to McD's and order a glass with ice, for some tap water, you would be in much better shape.  It would reduce the Supersize Me effect.
Morgan Sperlock.

How do you figure? Diet soda has zero calories, same as water.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2007, 08:35:41 PM »

I don't know of any restaurants that charge for refills of soda anymore, at least none that I can think of. Maybe if you are sitting at a bar just drinking soda all day, but that really isn't a restaurant thing to me

Really? Which ones? It's been a long time since I've eaten in a restaurant, preferring to cook my own.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2007, 08:37:22 PM »

You bring your own hot sauce.

The Steak Burrito tastes pretty good at Taco Bell with Paul Newman's salsa on it!

maroon maroon maroon
David

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2007, 08:45:37 PM »

Really? Which ones? It's been a long time since I've eaten in a restaurant, preferring to cook my own.

The free refills trend started slowly, but it has been common for at least 5 or 10 years now,
literally every place I can think of has it now, all of the obnoxious chains like Chili's, Fridays and on and on, as well as local places. The only exception I can think of would be like I stated might be if you were in a bar atmosphere or maybe an old timer place. I eat out alot and I can't remember the last time refills weren't free.
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2007, 10:50:31 PM »

They are not free here.  No place in town.  Outside of town in chains yes.

Moon,  Moon, diet drinks are terrible for you. 
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2007, 09:22:09 AM »

i always order a water, for the buck and a half they chrage for 16 ounces, you can get 3 liters at jewel. it not that i am cheap, its the principle. i won't let  them gouge me like that. besides its health9ier, all thayt sugar in pop, weight gain, etc..

those places pay a majority of thier expenses with the pop sales.

water , cheaper, better for you. those substitute sugars are terrible.

they paly games with your mind. you drink a soft drink and your mind is expectring to be satisfied with the sugar, and the satifaction doiesn't arrive becasue the sweetener is not a sugar, thereby drinking them bumbs you out , because you don't get the mental jolt your mind expected.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2007, 09:44:59 AM »

Hahahaha! That WOULD explain a lot, Storm Cat!

/The whole time I thought it was the wine!

maroon
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2007, 09:53:32 AM »

well with you it prolly was, i'm talkin bout normal folks. Grin
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: