Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

August 21, 2014, 11:07:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHERE DO THEY FIND THESE MORONS !  (Read 866 times)
race track phil

« on: March 20, 2007, 05:47:44 PM »

I've been watching the Dover races on TVg and I'm wondering where the hell they find these dummies who know nothing about harness racing ! The idiot guy says that the dover race is ready to and there in the saddles , then he corrects himself and says chairs ! !  What a total idiot !  I just cant understand how they dont teach these nitwits a little about harness racing before they put them on T V .  They should'nt even show the races if they cant understand the harness racing game and help some people who dont know the sport with some useful info !

RTP                               

Report to moderator   Logged
Tsunami

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 09:33:04 PM »

I've been watching the Dover races on TVg and I'm wondering where the hell they find these dummies who know nothing about harness racing ! The idiot guy says that the dover race is ready to and there in the saddles , then he corrects himself and says chairs ! !  What a total idiot !  I just cant understand how they dont teach these nitwits a little about harness racing before they put them on T V .  They should'nt even show the races if they cant understand the harness racing game and help some people who dont know the sport with some useful info !

RTP                               

RTP

It probably wasn`t the normal crew that does the BigM on TVG because Dave and Todd usually do half way decent job in their broadcast.

This has always been problem for the Harness industry as most people are misinformed
and skeptical overall. I still laugh and shake my head when they call the Drivers, Jockeys.
You also get the people who have never gone before because all the races are fixed ? 

Sad state of affairs IMO
Dan Villeky

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 10:36:52 PM »

RTP
This has always been problem for the Harness industry as most people are misinformed
and skeptical overall. I still laugh and shake my head when they call the Drivers, Jockeys.
You also get the people who have never gone before because all the races are fixed ? 

This is an area where the USTA could have a huge impact IMHO.
Simple informational packets sent to these so called announcers MIGHT be read and the info transmitted to their patrons.
That is if Langley could get of his dead ass, finally figure his cut in the Illinois recapture pie, then take the lead in a venture like this.
race track phil

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 12:14:43 PM »

Houdini ,

Your right Seibel does a pretty good job he knows harness racing .  The point is all there host's should know the basics and try to help some of those t-bred players understand the game and you never know they might make a bet on harness and get interested . They promoted the quarters real good and now people bet the hell out of the pik 4 's ! they should do the same for harness with some knowledgeable host .

RTP
looking in

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 04:25:19 PM »

This is an area where the USTA could have a huge impact IMHO.
Simple informational packets sent to these so called announcers MIGHT be read and the info transmitted to their patrons.
That is if Langley could get of his dead ass, finally figure his cut in the Illinois recapture pie, then take the lead in a venture like this.

Maybe it would do some good if we all went to the contact us link at the U.S.T.A. website and expressed our concern. It is my understanding that the announces were offered an opportunity to attend the U.S.T.A. driving school and turned it down.

I am just an old "Hoss" trainer, that has been raced hard and put away wet. 
As my Friend from Maine(Ora Stratton) says "There are horse trainers, and then there are real "Hoss" trainers.
FreeLegged

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 06:42:03 PM »

on our local OTB channel, they have 3-4 different "announcers" who give the mutuals from all the different tracks, and name the winning jockey or driver depending on what type of track. There is one new guy who sounds like maybe a kid fresh out of broadcasting school who AlWAYS pronounces Dan Dube's last name to rhyme with...um...boob. And Bouchard he ALWAYS calls him Stephanie. Either mistake once could be understandable, for this to continue is a disgrace. I have even emailed the outfit, but it doesnt help. Believe me, pretty much all of broadcasting today is...lets have the computer do as much as possible, and lets get people that work cheap to handle the rest.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: