Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 22, 2014, 10:47:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sam Lilly  (Read 951 times)
kellytuc
The one, the only, and the former - Kellytuc!

Ignore
« on: December 22, 2005, 04:51:40 PM »

Does anyone know Sam's position on these negotiations?  He seems like a good guy, he just doesn't seem to say much about it.  Also, I hear Robin S. has been in the meetings.  I wonder what she thinks.
Report to moderator   Logged
FILL ER UP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2005, 04:58:37 PM »

SAM SAYS WE SHOULD TAKE WHAT THEY OFFER AND JUST RACE WITHOUT STRIKING AT ALL.

ROBIN SCHADT SAID THAT JOHNNY AND DUKE REALLY WANT GOOD THINGS FOR THIS BUSINESS AND THE HORSEMEN HAVE IT ALL WRONG. ROBIN THINKS THAT THE JOHNSTONS ARE NICE GUYS WHO ARE JUST GIVEN A BAD REPUTATION. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE LOOK ON SEVERAL BOARD MEMBERS FACES WHEN THEY HEARD ROBIN WAS IN ON THESE MEETINGS. SHE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A JOKE AND NOT THE BRIGHTEST BULB IN THE BOX IF YOU GET THE PICTURE. I DONT WANT TO TALK BAD ABOUT ANYONE BUT COME ON GUYS....ROBIN SCHADT??? HOW DESPERATE ARE WE. YOU MIGHT AS WELL LET DUNCAN PRICE AND IRA SMOLIN GO IN THERE TOO!!! Embarrassed Embarrassed
kellytuc

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 05:02:29 PM »

Maybe we should send Superman I mean Fill er up in to the meetings.  He could sit on our side of the table and criticize our guys.  What a jerk!
Dan Nance

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 05:10:31 PM »

Does anyone know Sam's position on these negotiations?  He seems like a good guy, he just doesn't seem to say much about it.  Also, I hear Robin S. has been in the meetings.  I wonder what she thinks.

kellytuc (Greg)

How long have you been in the business? Don't you know by now that NONE of these people have any influence on negotiations. It doesn't matter what kind of owner you are or who you are as a trainer or a driver it means NOTHING. As far as the Johnston's are concerned all horseman are nothing but a bunch of stupid uneducated people who salve for them so they can make millions year after year.

Nothing has changed in 30 years and it only gets worst. Everyone thought that the all powerful Tony Morgan would lead the horseman to the promise land. All he did for 8 years was lead the horseman to the poor house and then he jumped ship. So, the point is if Mr.Tony (all powerful) Morgan couldn't do jack shit while he played President how do you think a bunch of nobody's beneath him will get something done?  

Just be prepared to race next year for the same money as this year and maybe even less when the Johnston's stick the knife in a little further and twist it harder.
kellytuc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 05:12:43 PM »

So, Dan, what do you think the horsemen should do?
FILL ER UP

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2005, 05:25:15 PM »

I THINK THE HORSEMEN SHOULD RACE ALL OF THERE HORSES AND PAY THE JOHNSTONS 1000 DOLLARS EVERY WEEK. FORGET ABOUT RACING FOR A PURSE. JUST RACE FOR THE FUN OF IT AND IF YOU WIN, PAY THE JOHNSTONS 1000 DOLLARS FOR USE OF THERE TRACK AND STALLS.  THAT IS THE WAY IT SHOULD BE. THE JOHNSTONS SHOULD GET ALL OF THE MONEY AND THE HORSEMEN JUST RACE BECAUSE THEY LOVE TO RACE...FOR FREE!!! REMEMBER, JUST RACE YOUR HORSE SO THE JOHNSONS CAN GET MORE MONEY AND LETS GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO BE MILLIONAIRE WHILE WE GO BUST. KEEP RACING BOYS, FOR THE SAME MONEY OR LESS SO WE CAN ALL BE HOMELESS TOGETHER!!! Grin
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 05:27:39 PM by FILL ER UP » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2005, 05:48:33 PM »

So, Dan, what do you think the horsemen should do?

kellytuc (Greg)

Personally, I hope they race because I consider myself a professional horse player now. I bet the Big M. and Balmoral. As far as Maywood goes I wish it would go away. The Big M. only races 4 days a week. I need Balmoral on Sundays and Tuesday's and Sat. afternoons until they go to Mondays.

If I was still active in the business as a trainer/owner and relied on purse money I would VOTE to strike until the Johnston's made things right for the horseman by dropping recapture and giving the horseman a better cut from the OTB's. It makes no sence to me if you are in the business to race for 3, 4, and 5K purses.

So, to some it up. As far as a bettor goes I hope they race. If I was involved in the business I would vote to strike if the contract wasn't in the best interest of the horseman and go somewhere else and race. 
talking head

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 06:03:17 PM »

Thats says it ALL!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: