Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 01, 2014, 05:22:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Erv Miller Positive  (Read 10941 times)
njhorseman

« on: October 28, 2005, 12:13:07 PM »

Check the October 28 USTA fines and suspensions. A bute positive in Delaware, which doesn't permit the use of bute in two-year-olds. Homer Hochstetler got nailed by the same rule a couple of years ago. I guess you Ill-breds have a  slow learning curve.  Grin Grin
Report to moderator   Logged
burton

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 12:15:30 PM »

I agree.
Homer's bute positive was so well publicized I'm amazed anyone would miss that point again.
Let alone a top stable.
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 12:17:34 PM »

Don't you know it was the grooms or the vets fault. They didn't know the rules back there. Besides, it's only bute....no big deal. You know what bute can do to the stomach of a horse let alone a two year old.
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:19:00 PM »

Don't you know it was the grooms or the vets fault. They didn't know the rules back there. Besides, it's only bute....no big deal. You know what bute can do to the stomach of a horse let alone a two year old.

Right on the money, Mr. ***. Wink Wink
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:19:31 PM »

...while you're at it, Dan *** and I are still waiting for the apology for my report about the Rucker positives (also on the USTA website) from weeks ago.  Whichever troll said they wanted *** -oops FACTS should say sorry.  JMO.  TC
warden
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 12:23:52 PM »

IT HAS BEEN DISCOVERED THAT MANY BETTORS HAVE INDEED DRUGS IN THEIR SYSTEM WHILE HANDICAPPING AND BETTING ON RACES.

THIS IS AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE ON THE HONEST BETTORS WHO BET INTO THE VERY SAME 'MUTUAL' POOL
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 12:27:08 PM »

Whoever's fault it is, the bute deal cost Homer a good piece of change.
Someone should be on top of this kind of thing.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 12:30:26 PM »

warden with all due respect, I don't know what tangent you are on, but I myself have never inhaled or done ONE drug in my life-EVER.  I don't begrudge others if their usage affects me in no way or if they aren't in a public trust position and "loaded" while at work.  It's a shame that Big Brother has spread his dragnet out toward people like civil servants who get DUIs off duty, thereby getting suspended at work, and I fight often to change such "Scarlet Letters".  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 12:31:12 PM »

Whoever's fault it is, the bute deal cost Homer a good piece of change.
Someone should be on top of this kind of thing.

A SHARP trainer is on top of everything. Dan *** would know the rules in the state he was racing in. And Dan *** wouldn't be giving bute tabs to a two year old to ruin the horses stomach.

Maybe Erv used injectable bute.
njhorseman

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 12:45:04 PM »

A SHARP trainer is on top of everything. Dan *** would know the rules in the state he was racing in. And Dan *** wouldn't be giving bute tabs to a two year old to ruin the horses stomach.

Maybe Erv used injectable bute.

Dan:
You have been away from the game for a long time. Cheesy I don't think anyone has used bute tabs in the past 10 years. Shocked
sn

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 12:47:22 PM »

Your wrong!!! how would you know do you also train a stable to?Huh
njhorseman

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 12:53:31 PM »

Your wrong!!! how would you know do you also train a stable to?Huh

Easy there, cowboy, I was just busting Dan's balls. I'm not interested in posting my harness racing resume again, but if you check what I said a couple of days ago, you'll see that I did have my own stable with a private trainer for several years, and I was at the barn every day.
sn

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 12:56:49 PM »

Really?? what is the normal range for the Hemegloben part of the blood test on a racehorse?Huh
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005, 01:04:10 PM by sn » Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 12:57:37 PM »

Easy there, cowboy, I was just busting Dan's balls. I'm not interested in posting my harness racing resume again, but if you check what I said a couple of days ago, you'll see that I did have my own stable with a private trainer for several years, and I was at the barn every day.

I didn't think you were serious about trainers not using bute tabs anymore. I doubt if trainers and grooms are walking around with needles and syringes in their pockets so they can give injectable bute instead of bute tabs.
njhorseman

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:49 PM »

Really?? what is the normal range for the Hebegloven part of the blood test on a racehorse?Huh

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you. It's been years since I looked at a horse's blood test report, so I don't remember. By the way...it's Hemoglobin, not "Hebegloven" and for a human male of my age (which is all I care about at this stage of the game) the normal range is 12.5-17.
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 01:08:51 PM »

Most around here use the paste, but the tabs a ton cheaper.  I showed a vet how to give the tabs and he started giving it the same way.  Granted I am not a grand circuit trainer so I don't have the financial resources of Erv Miller.
sn

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 01:12:55 PM »

You showed a vet how to give Bute huh?? must have been a top notch vet !!!
Dan Nance

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 01:15:03 PM »

You showed a vet how to give Bute huh?? must have been a top notch vet !!!

SN

The vet must have been Wilcox don't you think?
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 01:17:32 PM »

No, you could say it was a method not taught at vet school.  Just break up the tabs and instead of putting it in the feed, put it in a hose and blow it into the horses mouth.  Like I said I am not a grand circuit trainer, but it is also a ton cheaper than the paste.  I didn't use enough tablets in a week for the vet to charge me.
sn

« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 01:22:30 PM »

Put it in a hose and blow it in the horses moulth?Huh Well you have me laughing on the floor right now!!! you keep giving it that way County fair racer!!! better yet you should call the U.S. patent and trademark office and get that registered before others commit infringment!!!
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 01:25:05 PM »

Go ahead and laugh, but it works fine.  I am sure not the only person that does it that way.  Like I said the cost is very minimal comparted to paste, and the results are the same.
sn

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 01:30:04 PM »

Yeah, as long as you dont blow to hard and shoot them right into the lungs!!!! so you be careful county fair racer and dont get your name up on the board!!!! for killing one
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 01:36:36 PM »

That is something you will never have to worry about.  The main thing the particles need to do is get on the tongue and disolve.  You shouldn't blow hard enough to get it in the longs.  Just get the particles on the tongue and it is as easy as that.  Like I said it is cheap and easy.  I could see how you can picture something more that what is actually done.  Actually it is not much different than giving the paste. 
Dan Nance

« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 01:40:09 PM »

I must admit blowing bute into a horses mouth is a first. If you don't want to spend the money for bute paste why not use a pill crusher and crush the bute into a fine powder and then mix it with corn syrup and then give it to the horse with a dose syringe in their mouth? Why take the chance of blowing bute dust all over the place or getting it into the horses lungs?

County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 01:44:47 PM »

Either way works. The guy that showed me this method has had decent sucess racing in Iowa and Illinois and has not killed a horse in 40 years of giving the bute this way.  I just don't want people to think this is giving in an abusive manner to the horse.  That is the farthest from the truth.   
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: