Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 23, 2014, 02:34:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Da Bears and their chances at victory on sunday  (Read 2466 times)
Sir Blockheadd

« on: January 18, 2007, 12:01:42 PM »

well it is amazing , despite the jeckyl and hyde quarterback da bears have all year, they managed to get themselves into the playoffs. horse shoe now they sit as the home team in the NFL championship game. tough to believe. somehow, this chamnpionship however, seems to lack the excitment that surrounded the game in 63 at wrigley field, or the general feeling on indivincibility that was in the air in 85. i just don't get a good vibe about this game sunday. the saints, the number one offense in ther NFL, will surely test the depleted and injured; what was once a powerfull, but now not so good, defense.i saw number 38 on the saints (forgot name)leap over the line of scrimmage at the goal line  [cool]last weekend ala number 34. haven't seen anyone able to do that in years, and the front four will have their hands full of jersey trying to catch that one.

the bears have a good receiving core, and muhammad has made grossman look better than he is. thumbs down i suspect the inconsistency in the position is more a matter of whether or not the receivers are having a good day or not, because from what i can see,they are responsible for making grossman look halfway decent. without them he is a nobody, and hats off to the all pro's for dealing with the inconsistent QB. the bears special teams have been flat of late, and the defense is now a net instead of a blanket.

i just don't see a victory here, i'm hoping i can watch the bears play at least twice more this year, but to be fair, the super bowl will feature an AFL team that is generally, of late, a much tougher opponent and a second game after sundays may not be worth watching.
Report to moderator   Logged
TommyCh

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 12:17:45 PM »

Bears defense will be draggin'. Saints win, or at least cover the spread.
edwarren

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:04:13 PM »

LOL. Lovey Smith must have got the phone call - New Orleans, city on the mend.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 05:33:55 PM »

Well, the Bears have a good run defense and they will NEED it. On the other hand, while Brees is a good quarterback, their receivers are limited with Joe Horn sitting out?? and Urlacher should be able to roam closer to the line of scrimmage and make plays on the running backs.

On the offensive side, the Bears need to throw to Muhsin more often - geez, I think he only got 3 passes to him all day last week. And it's been like that for that last couple of months. He's a big time receiver - they need to throw him the ball. He should be first option.

It should be a good game. You have the Bears with their schizo offense and great defense and the Saints with their high-powered running game and OK defense. It depends on who comes to play.

They need a paddock and a post parade for football - then I could tell ya!

Hahahaha!

maroon

Trackman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 05:43:23 PM »

I'll chime in on this one. If the Bears get Good Rex, I think they win and cover. If they get Bad Rex, they not only lose but get killed. But the weather is the wild card. My man doesn't even have an over-under yet.
edwarren

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 06:25:07 PM »

Yep, bad weather. That's the forecast.
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 08:22:22 PM »

If it's like today, that's PERFECT football weather.
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 09:30:58 PM »

Oh come on! The Bears are gonna beat the saints like a step-child.

Anyone want to make a heads up bet?
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:04:40 AM »

Oh come on! The Bears are gonna beat the saints like a step-child.

Anyone want to make a heads up bet?

$10 i'll take the saints and 8 points,
meaning, just to be clear, you have the bears and they have to win by 9 in order for you to win, if they win by 7, i win, if the spread is 8, there is a tie.
mel4600

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:06:17 AM »

Why is everyone knocking Grossman so much? After the first few weeks everyone was calling him the MVP at the beginning of the year. Lets face it, he directed the team to a winning drive in crunch time and won the game. I'll give you another stat, he was the highest rated QB of any of the 4 left in the playoffs for their performance last week. He also has had more 100+ QB rating than any other QB in the NFL this season. Lastly he won his first playoff game faster that Montana, Marino, Farve, Brees, Brady and Manning.

My perdiction is that the bears will win and its sad that Grossman seems branded forever for a few bad games he had. Don't forget he is hardly more that a rookie.
mel4600

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 09:07:25 AM »

$10 i'll take the saints and 8 points,
meaning, just to be clear, you have the bears and they have to win by 9 in order for you to win, if they win by 7, i win, if the spread is 8, there is a tie.

Where did you get that line, Disneyland?
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 09:33:29 AM »

Why is everyone knocking Grossman so much? After the first few weeks everyone was calling him the MVP at the beginning of the year. Lets face it, he directed the team to a winning drive in crunch time and won the game. I'll give you another stat, he was the highest rated QB of any of the 4 left in the playoffs for their performance last week. He also has had more 100+ QB rating than any other QB in the NFL this season. Lastly he won his first playoff game faster that Montana, Marino, Farve, Brees, Brady and Manning.

My perdiction is that the bears will win and its sad that Grossman seems branded forever for a few bad games he had. Don't forget he is hardly more that a rookie.

weren't there weeks when his qb rating was ZERO. he is inconsistent. his receivers are world class and make him look better than he is. when they play a team with a bad secondary, grossman looks good, because his receivers are able to get free and make him look half way decent. he is fragile and i have seen him scramble for positive yards only one time in 17 games. he is not a leader of men in the same sense that jim mcmahon was, rather he strikes me as kind of feminine. he is not a rookie, rather he hides behind that moniker because he is injury prone, and prior to his output this season was on par to be just another wasted draft pick. ther back up Qb, griese has a 20 million contract, thats how close he was to being a bench warmer. at times he has shown the ability to throw a perfect spiral for a good distance, but having chased a few high flyers myself; if it were not for the  world class sprinting talents of the receivers and their  talents to run underneath the flying objects and snag them prior to them hitting the turf, he is just another guy throwing the ball as far as he can. granted the spirals are pretty, but a lot of people can throw a pretty spiral, you need the talent to run under it and get it, not an easy feat. try catching something when you are running 14 miles an hour in stide,
you can't focus your vision of the object, your eyes bounce in your socket each time your foot hits the ground running that fast, all you hear is the wind in your ears. in fact you can judge your speed by the how loud the wind sounds.
grossman has shown some ability, but a don't see the frail little fellow as much of a leader but more of a little guy everyone feels sorry for. kindalike the kid in the school yard all the bullys picked on. he was liked because of his whimpiness, and people felt good about themselves being able to help out the whimp.
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 09:40:33 AM »

Where did you get that line, Disneyland?

ya thats right mickey whispered it to me as he was seen chasing minnie round prior to the park gates opening yesterday in Pamona.

how bout you , you in foe 10 and the 8 points or are you chicken....  bok, bok, bok (chicken icon here)

(since we have no chicken icons i thought i would be creative)
(it would be nice to have a full set of working icons)
mel4600

« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 09:50:19 AM »

ya thats right mickey whispered it to me as he was seen chasing minnie round prior to the park gates opening yesterday in Pamona.

how bout you , you in foe 10 and the 8 points or are you chicken....  bok, bok, bok (chicken icon here)

(since we have no chicken icons i thought i would be creative)
(it would be nice to have a full set of working icons)

Yes, I'll take the Bears +8 for $10.
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 09:52:56 AM »

Yes, I'll take the Bears +8 for $10.

okay let me right that down.  dude

we can deal with how you can get that  dollar to me on monday, lol....
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 10:33:52 AM »

I think "bok, bok, bok" works better than any chicken icon could. Hahahahaha!

That tickles me for some reason.

maroon
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 10:47:13 AM »

I think "bok, bok, bok" works better than any chicken icon could. Hahahahaha!

That tickles me for some reason.

maroon

some reason = cheap wine
Stealth

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »

da bears are gonna smoke the saints..
Sir Blockheadd

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 04:59:45 PM »

da bears are gonna smoke the saints..

i think they will loose, but i hope they win by less than 7, lol...
Moon

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 05:10:55 PM »

I'm firing up the oven for a giant pizza and ordering the cheap wine!

Go, BEARS!
BeauNarro

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.....

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2007, 05:22:51 PM »

I never have nor I never will give or take points when betting on football.

Either you have the balls to bet the team you think will win or only do a handshake.
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2007, 05:37:59 PM »

My money is on the Saint's!!!! beer
Stealth

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2007, 05:51:10 PM »

My money is on the Saint's!!!! beer

you just lost your money then...
Stealth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2007, 08:43:54 PM »

i think they will loose, but i hope they win by less than 7, lol...

it will be a good game... if we play tight defense saints have no chance..... we cant be letting them get those passes to the backs...
tammysinnett

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2007, 09:04:59 PM »

A little secret that probably means nothin......I have worked for the Rams when Lovie and Fred Miller were with them.....Both are really great and I wish them the best of luck Sunday horse shoe GOOOOOO BEARS
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: