Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 02:56:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What ARE we fighting for?  (Read 1759 times)
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« on: December 20, 2005, 03:01:32 AM »

It's a very strange question, but I'm pretty curious about it...

What do we want out of all these battles?  What do we want for the sport?  For ourselves?

Are we chasing equity?  Good income for the horsemen?  Good lives for the horses?  Good entertainment?

Why are we all here?

Best,
EW
Report to moderator   Logged

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
fineline

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2005, 05:44:45 AM »

To survive
off stride

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2005, 06:10:00 AM »

LESS RACES FOR THE CHEAP BROKEN DOWN HABITUALLY LAME HORSES..MORE RACES AND HENCE MORE MONEY FOR THE BETTER STOCK...SOME PEOPLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PECKING ORDER NEED TO GO ELSEWHERE...SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT GOOD TRAINERS...THEY HOLD THE GAME DOWN AND KEEP IT FROM GOING FORWARD
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:33:06 AM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
movinawayfaraway

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2005, 11:21:26 AM »

LESS RACES FOR THE CHEAP BROKEN DOWN HABITUALLY LAME HORSES..MORE RACES AND HENCE MORE MONEY FOR THE BETTER STOCK...SOME PEOPLE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PECKING ORDER NEED TO GO ELSEWHERE...SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST NOT GOOD TRAINERS...THEY HOLD THE GAME DOWN AND KEEP IT FROM GOING FORWARD

as someone who is "at the bottom of the pecking order" how would you suggest i go somewhere else?  the little guys are what keeping racing going!

as a horseman i would PREFER less racing days (funny as that sounds) we need something like an extended football season, especially in chicago where no one gives a crap that there's racing going on cause it's always been there!  i believe that if we had a season we may have better purses.  but then again, the only tracks that can do that have another track within 3 hours that horsemen ship in to!

already did this - movinawayfaraway
off stride

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 01:15:02 PM »

I DONT KNOW YOUR SITUATION..BUT...I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING NICK CLEGG.. .LOAD UP THE TRUCK AND MOVE TO BEVERLY... TOLEDO OHIO..THAT IS...BRINGING IN EVERY HORSE HE COULD GET HIS HANDS ON...HE WENT TO WHERE HE THOUGHT HE COULD MAKE MONEY...HE DIDNT STAY IN CHI-TOWN WAITING AND HOPING THE MONEY WOULD COME TO HIM , CLEVELAND...MONTICELLO ALL HAVE RACES THAT ARE SUITED FOR THE 'LITTLE GUYS'...YOU JUST GOT TO GO WHERE THAT MONEY IS.. ON CLOSING NITE..WHEN A HUGE MAJORITY DIDNT WANT TO RACE BECUZ IT WAS COLD AND THE TRACK WAS HARD..ONLY NICK WAS UPSET THAT THEY DIDNT RACE(AND SENT AND CLOSING NITE CROWD HOME WITH A BITTER TASTE IN THEIR MOUTHS)
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 01:24:51 PM »

From EW and response from Kenneth J. Chadwick

What do we want out of all these battles?  A fair and equitable contract for all parties concerned.

What do we want for the sport?  The sport to prosper beyond your imagination.

For ourselves? Be able to stand in the Winner's circle with my wife, children and my closest 100 friends.

Are we chasing equity?  Equality

Good income for the horsemen?  Yes and pride in what they do for us.

Good lives for the horses?  Without them there is no  show.

Good entertainment?  Good, fun and honest entertainment.

Why are we all here? To have fun and enjoy ourselves during our short stay here on earth.

Merry Christmas and healthy and prosperous New Year to all. Grin Roll Eyes Shocked 8) Cheesy

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

Best,
EW

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
njhorseman

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 01:26:44 PM »

From EW and response from Kenneth J. Chadwick

What do we want out of all these battles?  A fair and equitable contract for all parties concerned.

What do we want for the sport?  The sport to prosper beyond your imagination.

For ourselves? Be able to stand in the Winner's circle with my wife, children and my closest 100 friends.

Are we chasing equity?  Equality

Good income for the horsemen?  Yes and pride in what they do for us.

Good lives for the horses?  Without them there is no  show.

Good entertainment?  Good, fun and honest entertainment.

Why are we all here? To have fun and enjoy ourselves during our short stay here on earth.

Merry Christmas and healthy and prosperous New Year to all. Grin Roll Eyes Shocked 8) Cheesy

Kenneth J. Chadwick 

Best,
EW

Hmmm...does this mean "Kenneth J Chadwick" is an EW troll? Huh Shocked Grin
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 01:29:52 PM »

Hmmm...does this mean "Kenneth J Chadwick" is an EW troll? Huh Shocked Grin

I've met Ken.  He actually exists!

Wink

Best,
EW

movinawayfaraway

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2005, 01:59:48 PM »

I DONT KNOW YOUR SITUATION..BUT...I JUST GOT DONE WATCHING NICK CLEGG.. .LOAD UP THE TRUCK AND MOVE TO BEVERLY... TOLEDO OHIO..THAT IS...BRINGING IN EVERY HORSE HE COULD GET HIS HANDS ON...HE WENT TO WHERE HE THOUGHT HE COULD MAKE MONEY...HE DIDNT STAY IN CHI-TOWN WAITING AND HOPING THE MONEY WOULD COME TO HIM , CLEVELAND...MONTICELLO ALL HAVE RACES THAT ARE SUITED FOR THE 'LITTLE GUYS'...YOU JUST GOT TO GO WHERE THAT MONEY IS.. ON CLOSING NITE..WHEN A HUGE MAJORITY DIDNT WANT TO RACE BECUZ IT WAS COLD AND THE TRACK WAS HARD..ONLY NICK WAS UPSET THAT THEY DIDNT RACE(AND SENT AND CLOSING NITE CROWD HOME WITH A BITTER TASTE IN THEIR MOUTHS)

lol...if you think nick clegg is on the bottom of the pecking order, you got somethin else coming.

Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2005, 02:43:16 PM »

Dear NJ Horseman:

No I am (Kenneth J. Chadwick) real.  Real for 61 years.  Grin Grin Grin

Ask my wife and three children.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
njhorseman

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2005, 02:53:11 PM »

Dear NJ Horseman:

No I am (Kenneth J. Chadwick) real.  Real for 61 years.  Grin Grin Grin

Ask my wife and three children.

Kenneth J. Chadwick   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

OK...that's fine. Just that post with EW looked kind of odd. Grin
off stride

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2005, 03:18:05 PM »

MOVINAWAY...NEVER SAID THAT NICK WAS AT THE BOTTOM..HE JUST WENT TO WHERE HE COULD ATTEMPT TO MAKE SOME MONEY...ILLINOIS DESPARTELY NEEDS A 'B'' TRACK FOR HORSEMAN WITH LESSER QUALITY STOCK TO RACE...GOING TO RACEWAY PARK IN OHIO, I SEE MANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SHARE THE SAME BOAT WITH..BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE WHERE THEIR STOCK CAN COMPETE..NOT KNOCKING HEADS AGAINST THE BIG MONEY STABLES ...BEST OF LUCK TO YA..AND HOLIDAY WISHES
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 03:19:57 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
movinawayfaraway

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2005, 03:21:50 PM »

MOVINAWAY...NEVER SAID THAT NICK WAS AT THE BOTTOM..HE JUST WENT TO WHERE HE COULD ATTEMPT TO MAKE SOME MONEY...ILLINOIS DESPARTELY NEEDS A 'B'' TRACK FOR HORSEMAN WITH LESSER QUALITY STOCK TO RACE...GOING TO RACEWAY PARK IN OHIO, I SEE MANY OF THE PEOPLE THAT YOU SHARE THE SAME BOAT WITH..BUT AT LEAST THEY ARE WHERE THEIR STOCK CAN COMPETE..NOT KNOCKING HEADS AGAINST THE BIG MONEY STABLES ...BEST OF LUCK TO YA..AND HOLIDAY WISHES

i agree.  and like my signature says - when i have the funds i will go there.  but right now it's just not in the cards - maybe never will be!

how many of ya'll raced at quad city?  i hear that even with the rats it was a great b track?

Tannor

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2005, 04:36:42 PM »

What about Fairmont. Its downstate away from all the others and rite next to St. Louis. Im sure it would be filled with county fair horses each week and some of the chi town guys could send down their stock. Or springfield could have a small meet like they do at Cal Expo its at their state fairgrounds aint it.

Tannor

They're at the gate!!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2005, 06:03:39 PM »

What about Fairmont. Its downstate away from all the others and rite next to St. Louis. Im sure it would be filled with county fair horses each week and some of the chi town guys could send down their stock. Or springfield could have a small meet like they do at Cal Expo its at their state fairgrounds aint it.

Tannor

Fairmount is supposedly done with harness.

Also, I think Springfield couldn't really have an extended meet unless it was in the summer.  That surface doesn't take moisture at all.

IMO, QCD was completely perfect.  It was fair ship from downstate, Chicago, Iowa, Minnesota, and many places in Wisconsin.  Would love to see them bring a track like that back.

A 5/8ths, with the long stretch a la Spk should be placed somewhere Southwest of Aurora, IMO.  Let the B horses race there, and go back to meets.  Go Maywood (Jan-Mar), Balmoral (Mar-May), Hawthorne (Jun-Sep - w/Super Night), Balmoral (Post Super Night - Nov), Maywood (Dec).  Let them run 4-5 days a week up here, and three days at the "B" track.  I think it's a much better setup.

Get these lifetime NW4/7CLs out of here.

Best,
EW

darth vader

« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2005, 10:16:26 PM »

i would love too see stronger penalty's for the cheaters like  banned for life and then  just maybe the little guy  will have  a chance
movinawayfaraway

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 10:19:12 PM »

i would love too see stronger penalty's for the cheaters like  banned for life and then  just maybe the little guy  will have  a chance

wouldn't that be nice.  we can dream but it'll NEVER happen!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: