Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 10:19:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBIN SCHADT QUEEN OF EPIGEN  (Read 10654 times)
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2005, 07:41:18 PM »

ageecee you had a good point. If Louisiana has harness horses doesnt matter. The state has procedure that addresses the initial problem. To invalidate the claim and turn the horse back if it test pos. for EPO. That would solve a problem like "bob horowitz" had. The procedure and its merits should be the discussion not what state test what breed.

NJ do you know of this horowitz fellow can you find out if he really wrote this?

Thats what i was trying to say but maybe didnt word it right. In Louisiana  BOB would not have had this problem if he claimed the horse and had it checked for EPO. Thats all i was saying.
Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2005, 07:41:31 PM »

NJ do you know of this horowitz fellow can you find out if he really wrote this?

I don't know the "real" Bob  Horowitz personally, so I have no idea if this is really him or not.
njhorseman

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2005, 07:46:41 PM »

Thats what i was trying to say but maybe didnt word it right. In Louisiana  BOB would not have had this problem if he claimed the horse and had it checked for EPO. Thats all i was saying.

He also wouldn't have had a problem if he had claimed it in NY, DE and IN, which I had already identified as states with harness racing that test for EPO.  Maybe they test greyhounds for for EPO in New Hampshire, too. So, if he had claimed a harness horse disguised as a greyhound in New Hampshire, it would have been tested.

You know, I was willing to drop the discussion, but you went and opened it up again...so here we are again. Roll Eyes
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2005, 07:46:51 PM »

ageecee

are they going to rebuild their track down there?

jr , I would look into this, especially if Bob isn`t who he said he is.JMO

Well there are 2 tracks that got hit hard:

Delta Downs-Had about 25-30 barns completely torn up when the hurricane hit. Only one barn was left standing. There are suppose to open jan 18th but over the weekend i heard some grumblings about that might not happen. presently Delta is running there meet at EVD but then they will switch back to racing at Delta Jan 18th. Maybe??

Fair Grounds-Track was underwater with a lot of damage everywhere. have not heard on how the track is doing but heard some rumors Churchill might want to sell the track. remember its a rumor nothing concrete. i would hope they will be ready next Thanksgiving day but remember New orleans got hit hard so that may take some time with all the rebuilding going on there. FG is running there meet at La Downs and that meet ends Jan 22nd.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2005, 07:48:56 PM »

He also wouldn't have had a problem if he had claimed it in NY, DE and IN, which I had already identified as states with harness racing that test for EPO.  Maybe they test greyhounds for for EPO in New Hampshire, too. So, if he had claimed a harness horse disguised as a greyhound in New Hampshire, it would have been tested.

You know, I was willing to drop the discussion, but you went and opened it up again...so here we are again. Roll Eyes

Can you return the horse if it tests for EPO and do they have a test for it when you claim a horse?
Zulu

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2005, 07:50:55 PM »

Thank you for the 411 , I hope they build that 17 foot levy and keep you all safe down there. 
njhorseman

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2005, 07:53:16 PM »

Can you return the horse if it tests for EPO and do they have a test for it when you claim a horse?

Absolutely. In fact you can invalidate the claim if a horse tests positive for ANYTHING...which as far as I know is the rule everywhere, whether there is an EPO test in use or not.

Of course, I should know better than to say EVERYWHERE and ANYTHING...because I'm sure someone will point out some state that won't let you turn back the horse for some type of positive.  Cheesy
Richard Breth

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2005, 07:54:37 PM »

I don't know the "real" Bob  Horowitz personally, so I have no idea if this is really him or not.

Then you need to get right on the case BTW detective style. Find out where "bob" hangs and with who. Go down there. Skulk around. Stalk someone who knows Bob and eave drop some 2nd hand storys in the mutual line. Question casual aquaintances of old girl friends. Ask drug dealers and bookies what they know. Repeat all backside gossip as gospel. Invent twisted details to fill any gaps. Bring us back a done story all about every bad thing "bob" has ever done so his credability can be smeared. It is the BTW way.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 07:55:38 PM »

Thank you for the 411 , I hope they build that 17 foot levy and keep you all safe down there. 

I just hope no more hurricanes hit Louisiana especially the New Orleans area.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2005, 07:59:01 PM »

Absolutely. In fact you can invalidate the claim if a horse tests positive for ANYTHING...which as far as I know is the rule everywhere, whether there is an EPO test in use or not.

Of course, I should know better than to say EVERYWHERE and ANYTHING...because I'm sure someone will point out some state that won't let you turn back the horse for some type of positive.  Cheesy

So you can invalidate the claim in the  state of New jersey if the horse tests for EPO? Does this go for thoroughbreds and harness horses?
njhorseman

« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2005, 07:59:47 PM »

Then you need to get right on the case BTW detective style. Find out where "bob" hangs and with who. Go down there. Skulk around. Stalk someone who knows Bob and eave drop some 2nd hand storys in the mutual line. Question casual aquaintances of old girl friends. Ask drug dealers and bookies what they know. Repeat all backside gossip as gospel. Invent twisted details to fill any gaps. Bring us back a done story all about every bad thing "bob" has ever done so his credability can be smeared. It is the BTW way.

You know, I'm almost starting to like you.  Grin
njhorseman

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2005, 08:00:10 PM »

So you can invalidate the claim in the  state of New jersey if the horse tests for EPO? Does this go for thoroughbreds and harness horses?

Very funny.
Banker Barker

« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2005, 08:03:28 PM »

When a horse is claimed at the Big M they "special" the horse, don't they?  Maybe Bob can get the referee sample tested?

BB
njhorseman

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2005, 08:07:31 PM »

When a horse is claimed at the Big M they "special" the horse, don't they?  Maybe Bob can get the referee sample tested?

BB

Yes, claimed horses are specialed. But, since NJ doesn't have a rule covering EPO, what could come out of the test? If the horse was treated with EPO he can just pull the blood himself and have it tested for the antibodies, because they remain the blood for a couple of months.
Banker Barker

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2005, 08:10:38 PM »

Yes, claimed horses are specialed. But, since NJ doesn't have a rule covering EPO, what could come out of the test? If the horse was treated with EPO he can just pull the blood himself and have it tested for the antibodies, because they remain the blood for a couple of months.

At least it would prove that the horse was given EPO prior to the claim.  It is hard to believe that NJ has no rule for Epogen.  I can understand that they do not test for it, but they should have a rule against it.

my 2 cents....

BB
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2005, 08:13:09 PM »

Very funny.

Not being funny. Does this rule apply to both thoroughbreds and harness horses?
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2005, 08:16:29 PM »

Can anyone answer this question for me?

Can you void the claim on a horse if it tests for EPO in the state of New jersey wether ist a thoroughbred or harness horse?
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2005, 08:43:37 PM »

Can you void the claim on a horse if it tests for EPO in the state of New jersey wether ist a thoroughbred or harness horse?

This appears to be a gray question.  This rule, for both harness and t-bred was proposed on 10/03/2005 according to this site: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/racing/proposed.html

New Jersey doesn't actually put it's law online, so I'm unable to find if it's actually been added to the code.  Also, I can't find minutes from their meetings either.  Maybe Paul can shed some light on this issue.  The "comment period" (whatever that means) ended 12/2/2005.

Hope this helps, but really I just think it confuses things....

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
njhorseman

« Reply #68 on: December 19, 2005, 08:44:56 PM »

How many times do I have to say that NJ does not test for EPO? HOW THE F@@@ can you have a claim voided fror testing positive for something you don't test for??? Huh
Banker Barker

« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2005, 08:53:02 PM »

This appears to be a gray question.  This rule, for both harness and t-bred was proposed on 10/03/2005 according to this site: http://www.state.nj.us/lps/racing/proposed.html

New Jersey doesn't actually put it's law online, so I'm unable to find if it's actually been added to the code.  Also, I can't find minutes from their meetings either.  Maybe Paul can shed some light on this issue.  The "comment period" (whatever that means) ended 12/2/2005.

Best,
EW

The proposed rule does state:

The synthetic pharmaceutical products of human glycoproteins erythropoietin (EPO) and darbepoetin (DarbEPO) are prohibited drugs as defined in N.J.A.C. 13:70-2.1 and 14A.1.

njhorseman

« Reply #70 on: December 19, 2005, 08:56:15 PM »

Best,
EW

EW;
There has been no announcement of the proposed rules being adopted, so they are not yet in effect. Normally it takes some time after the public comment period has expired for  a proposed rule to be brought to a vote by the commission. The purpose of the comment period is to allow interested parties to make their opinions about the proposal known.

By the way...good find on this. Apparently the AG's office no longer objects...or the racing commission no longer cares if it does.  Cheesy
njhorseman

« Reply #71 on: December 19, 2005, 08:59:40 PM »

At least it would prove that the horse was given EPO prior to the claim.  It is hard to believe that NJ has no rule for Epogen.  I can understand that they do not test for it, but they should have a rule against it.

my 2 cents....

BB

They do have a rule prohibiting vets from administering or having EPO in their possession on any licensed premises (racetrack or training center). Problem is that any owner or trainer who wants to use it can easily get it and administer it themselves.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2005, 09:02:41 PM »

How many times do I have to say that NJ does not test for EPO? HOW THE F@@@ can you have a claim voided fror testing positive for something you don't test for??? Huh

Thats what i wanted to know paulie...
njhorseman

« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2005, 09:05:30 PM »

Thats what i wanted to know paulie...

And you can cut the "paulie" crap unless you're  man enough to reveal your identity. Come to think of it...cut the "paulie" crap even if you do reveal your identity.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2005, 09:08:03 PM »

And you can cut the "paulie" crap unless you're  man enough to reveal your identity. Come to think of it...cut the "paulie" crap even if you do reveal your identity.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.............

allen
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: