Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 25, 2014, 07:44:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ROBIN SCHADT QUEEN OF EPIGEN  (Read 10661 times)
burton

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2005, 04:12:28 PM »

Moe,Curly and Shemp were named Horwitz before changing to Howard.
Not Horowitz.

Thanks Filmore!
That post was nothing near as funny as a "Horwitz" short anyway.
Report to moderator   Logged
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2005, 04:13:42 PM »

I know in Louisiana if you claim a thoroughbred horse you have the option of testing the horse for EPO. Cost is $50. If the test come sback positive you can return the horse back and get your money back.

Dont know how it is in the harness game but thats how they do it in Louisiana. I think texas does the same thing.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2005, 04:24:23 PM »

I know in Louisiana if you claim a thoroughbred horse you have the option of testing the horse for EPO. Cost is $50. If the test come sback positive you can return the horse back and get your money back.

Dont know how it is in the harness game but thats how they do it in Louisiana. I think texas does the same thing.
In Louisiana, you can also tell your jockey to hide out in the fog during a two-turn race, then emerge from the fog 10 lengtha to the good because you ran 3/16th of a mile instead of the full distance.  Down there, they've got the "dirty shuffle" down to a science. RTP can back me up on this.  TC
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2005, 04:50:22 PM »

In Louisiana, you can also tell your jockey to hide out in the fog during a two-turn race, then emerge from the fog 10 lengtha to the good because you ran 3/16th of a mile instead of the full distance.  Down there, they've got the "dirty shuffle" down to a science. RTP can back me up on this.  TC

Are we talking about EPO or the fog jockey? I think this thread is about EPO  but i could be wrong.
Queeny

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2005, 04:51:29 PM »

I'm not sticking up for Robin' but I honestly  think that she doesn't no what her horses get(TO DUMB).. Pete Langly, & Wilcox just do what ever they want to her horses.. We should all be so lucky to be in with Phil Langly, Or should I say PHIL IN US...
TC

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 05:58:26 PM »

I'm not sticking up for Robin' but I honestly  think that she doesn't no what her horses get(TO DUMB).. Pete Langly, & Wilcox just do what ever they want to her horses.. We should all be so lucky to be in with Phil Langly, Or should I say PHIL IN US...
Queeny I'll agree that the creepy vets around here are the real "folks" we shold all be watching.  TC
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2005, 06:10:43 PM »

Bob if I were you I wouldn't waste my time sueing anyone.  Buyer beware when you claim.  If you want to do something, you get ahold of YOUR commission and tell them you want them to start testing for EPO. I can tell you right now, our commission doesn't want to spend 5 bucks a horse to test for anything.  They don't care....period.
njhorseman

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2005, 06:21:23 PM »

Boy what a story this is if its true. WOW!!!!

NJ, Are you telling me Yonkers tests for it and the Meadowlands does not???

The rumor around the racing world is that their is no real test for it.
I have only seen a few people ever caught for it and know first hand many more have been using it. Can you shed some light on this??

Yes, Yonkers tests for EPO and the Meadowlands does not.

You can't test for EPO directly. You test for the presence of antibodies the horse develops as a result of having been treated with EPO. The horse develops these antibodies because EPO is manufactured using human recombinant DNA, and the horse's body is reacting to the "foreign" human genetic material.

Trainers stopped using EPO in the three states where testing is done, which is why you don't see many positives. Obviously, you're not going to see positives in states with  no testing.  Grin Most of the positives in the three states have arisen in horses that were shipped in from other states where there is no testing. The testing program has been successful as a deterrant.
njhorseman

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 06:23:27 PM »

Obviously, when I named the three states, NY, IN, and DE, I was referring to states that have harness racing. (This is a harness racing forum, after all.  Cheesy)
njhorseman

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 06:31:18 PM »

Paul, why do youthink there is no test for EPO as you say in NJ ?  Your comments would greatly be appreciated.  TC

TC:
I was told that the state attorney general's office believes that under state law you can only enforce penalties for positives under the "trainer responsibility" rule. Since the EPO antibodies can remain in the horse's blood for months after administration of the drug, you can't assign responsibility in any reasonable manner to the trainer who has the horse when the positive test arises. I was told the AG advised the NJRC that the courts would likely overturn any ruling that was appealed, for this reason.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2005, 06:43:26 PM »

Obviously, when I named the three states, NY, IN, and DE, I was referring to states that have harness racing. (This is a harness racing forum, after all.  Cheesy)

Who the fawk cares if its a harness racing forum? I was trying to let people know that they do test for EPO in horses but only in thoroughbred racing that i know of .
TC

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 06:55:36 PM »

TC:
I was told that the state attorney general's office believes that under state law you can only enforce penalties for positives under the "trainer responsibility" rule. Since the EPO antibodies can remain in the horse's blood for months after administration of the drug, you can't assign responsibility in any reasonable manner to the trainer who has the horse when the positive test arises. I was told the AG advised the NJRC that the courts would likely overturn any ruling that was appealed, for this reason.
Great post Paul.  What have they been doing in those states where positive tests were achieved then ?  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2005, 06:55:48 PM »

Who the fawk cares if its a harness racing forum? I was trying to let people know that they do test for EPO in horses but only in thoroughbred racing that i know of .

Listen my friend, if a state only has Thoroughbred racing, what else could they test?
Richard Breth

« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2005, 06:59:22 PM »

Listen my friend, if a state only has Thoroughbred racing, what else could they test?

Quarter horses?
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2005, 06:59:37 PM »

Dont know and dont care what they can test. All i said is they test for EPO thats it. What is so hard to understand about that?
njhorseman

« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2005, 07:00:26 PM »

Great post Paul.  What have they been doing in those states where positive tests were achieved then ?  TC

TC:
As far as I know, no one has challenged the rule in DE, IN, or NY. You have to keep in mind that we are talking about the opinion of the AG in one state, and even if he is correct in his interpretation of NJ's law, that doesn't mean he would be correct in NY, IN or DE. There have been very few positives in those states, apparently because the rule has been successful as a deterrant.
njhorseman

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2005, 07:03:30 PM »

Quarter horses?

If they ONLY have Thoroughbreds?  Grin

I agree...I bet those states also have Quarterhorse racing, but the original poster said they ONLY have Thoroughbred racing.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2005, 07:06:48 PM »

If they ONLY have Thoroughbreds?  Grin

I agree...I bet those states also have Quarterhorse racing, but the original poster said they ONLY have Thoroughbred racing.

Thats right they do have Quarter horses MR Technical. Dont know if they test for Quarterhorses or not because i have never claimed one and never will same for harness racehorses.
njhorseman

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2005, 07:09:20 PM »

Dont know and dont care what they can test. All i said is they test for EPO thats it. What is so hard to understand about that?

No...the point is that's NOT what you said. In your first post you said: "Don't know how it is in the harness game but thats how they do it in Louisiana." You said that AFTER I had identified how and where it's done in harness racing. Then in your second post you said:"I was trying to let people know that they do test for EPO in horses but only in thoroughbred racing that I know of ." I can interpret that second statement either of two ways, neither of which makes sense in the context of this discussion, but I won't bother wasting my time.
off stride

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2005, 07:13:33 PM »

you dont think robin and jennifer got the same stuff from granny do ya???
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2005, 07:14:06 PM »

No...the point is that's NOT what you said. In your first post you said: "Don't know how it is in the harness game but thats how they do it in Louisiana." You said that AFTER I had identified how and where it's done in harness racing. Then in your second post you said:"I was trying to let people know that they do test for EPO in horses but only in thoroughbred racing that I know of ." I can interpret that second statement either of two ways, neither of which makes sense in the context of this discussion, but I won't bother wasting my time.

NO your wrong paulie-the point  i made is they test for EPO when you claim a horse if you choose to have the test done. That is done in thoroughbred racing in Louisiana. I was letting BOB know that in other states you can test for EPO when claiming.
njhorseman

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2005, 07:23:04 PM »

NO your wrong paulie-the point  i made is they test for EPO when you claim a horse if you choose to have the test done. That is done in thoroughbred racing in Louisiana. I was letting BOB know that in other states you can test for EPO when claiming.

OK...fine...we'll leave it at that.
ageecee

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2005, 07:23:45 PM »

OK...fine...we'll leave it at that.

Good...........
Zulu

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2005, 07:31:37 PM »

ageecee

are they going to rebuild their track down there?

jr , I would look into this, especially if Bob isn`t who he said he is.JMO

Looks like slander to me. Robin should sue(if this story is not true)
Richard Breth

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2005, 07:35:45 PM »

ageecee you had a good point. If Louisiana has harness horses doesnt matter. The state has procedure that addresses the initial problem. To invalidate the claim and turn the horse back if it test pos. for EPO. That would solve a problem like "bob horowitz" had. The procedure and its merits should be the discussion not what state test what breed.

NJ do you know of this horowitz fellow can you find out if he really wrote this?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: