Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 26, 2014, 11:42:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sam widger still cant think !  (Read 2260 times)
race track phil

« on: December 24, 2006, 11:31:59 AM »

The one thing in racing I hate is a driver that does'nt possess a
            brain to think what he is doing !  Sam driving Abouttolosecontrol is a perfect example of stupidity . He chose to battle Jo pars bench mark thinking he could fight with him and wire the field ! does he actually think he could beat Load the dice a 1/2 shot with that method of a suicidal drive ! The only thing he could do is let the 35/1 take the lead and then My boy david would have probably cleared Jo pars and he is forced to lay third and hope for the best . He's still ahead of Load the dice and maybe has a shot still to win the race . The way he drove the horse it was the kind of drive that sickens my stomach . sure he was probably upset the dillander left with that longshot because he probably would'nt have minded giving My boy david the lead and sitting in the 2 hole , but that did'nt happen and you must use your brain and realize you cannot beat a horse like Load the dice abusing your horse all the way ! Oh well he can blame it on Dillander in his mind , but I know it was his pure stupidity that cost that horse a better outcome ! Bettors have told me he's gotten better ! He's still the same the dummy I remember seeing everynight !   TOTALLY BRAINLESS !       

geezer    RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2006, 11:44:39 AM »

RTP:

I think this separates the good drivers from the fair drivers.

The good drivers have a strategy on what they would do if certain things happen in a race.

A good driver thinks on his feet, *( in harness racing maybe thinks on his posterior) and Sam is not consistent.

He has driven exceptionally at times and at times he  has driven poorly.

At times I play tennis that I should be on the pro tour. dude

Other times I could not be the ball boy. screw

Doesn't this drive you crazy? geezer

It certainly drives my crazy.

Now where did  I put my Prozac?? geezer

Kenneth J. Chadwick   

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2006, 10:42:57 PM »

What about the recall because Widger WASN'T in the right post position???  Is he going to be fined for delaying the start?Huh? A true genius.
nderic

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2006, 08:50:43 AM »

You were reading my mind.  How do you take the wrong position behind the starting gate?  That is just ridiculous.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2006, 08:53:22 AM »

You were reading my mind.  How do you take the wrong position behind the starting gate?  That is just ridiculous.

Was there at least a scratch or something to complicate where he was supposed to line up?  I missed it.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
supernaut

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »

Nope, no scratches. 5th Race, driving one of Pletcher's horses.Even with a scratch, a leading driver SHOULD KNOW where to line up.
Tsunami

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2006, 08:16:52 PM »

Widger has been driving like an a$$hole, I have noticed lately he has been parking everybody out too?

I usually like most of his drives but don`t know if something happened recently that we are not aware of , your call

trotter
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 11:59:42 PM »

It sucked all right, because the horse is SO good and versatile right now.

I think Widger could have done a retake around 2 horses and still lasted to the wire.

Not long ago, Abouttolosecontrol would have gone off at 15-1 against a field with Load the Dice. Now you get this monster form horse at 5-2 or 3-1, drawing way inside the favorite, leaving no choice but to beat the chalk.

And then THAT happens.

Widger's horse Nancy Irene did quite well Tuesday night after another torturous drive, which was obviously warranted in that field.

Val Haines

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 10:41:28 PM »

No offense to anyone but, have you ever drove in a race.  Let me tell you from experience that is a lot easier to watch than to actually do.  You may think you have a plan and when another driver does the unexpected you have to wing it and hope for the best.  I personally think sam is a great driver with a lot of talent.  He has done some goof ups on me for example the Grandma Ann with American Riches, he had her 3 deep at the quarter, BUT, Sam thought she was the best and drove her as such.  Yes I was a little upset but, its racing not SCIENCE.  He is human and does make mistakes.  He is surely a lot better than a bunch of the other drivers in Chicago.  At least he is one of the Honest ones that does care about the horse.  I know that from exprience.  Have you ever had a bad day or week at home and took your fustrations to work?  Everyone has, so why can't a driver?  I think Sam is a good driver and I personally will continue to use him.
race track phil

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 03:00:22 AM »

Valerie ,
                           I'm sure most of us understand that its not an easy job to drive a horse , sure hindsight may be easy after the outcome . The point is good drivers have a game plan to use if certain things happen ! I know the best make mistakes and its part of the game , But I do think certain situations should be a no brainer as in the case with abouttolosecontrol ! I think drivers sometimes take a personal attitude when something goes wrong and a horse leaves that he does'nt suspect and more or less screws up the race , but thats horse racing and good drivers adjust there plans without committing a form of suicide . Sam wins plenty of races and I'm sure he will win many more , but to reach the next level in driver status the mistake I'm mentioning should not have happened no way in that situation its not hard to realize that you have to beat Load The Dice a confirmed closer so you must save your horse . Good luck with your horses and its not the end of the world when a driver makes a mistake ! but constructive criticism never hurts and usually helps if the same situation arises in a future race and it will positively happen again ! We will see if Sam learned a lesson the next time . just my opinion !

geezer     RTP
eljay

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 10:32:53 AM »

With Load The Dice and My Boy David out of Saturdays FFA, How do you see it unfold?
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 01:46:20 AM »

Valerie ,
 I'm sure most of us understand that its not an easy job to drive a horse , sure hindsight may be easy after the outcome . The point is good drivers have a game plan to use if certain things happen ! I know the best make mistakes and its part of the game , But I do think certain situations should be a no brainer as in the case with abouttolosecontrol ! I think drivers sometimes take a personal attitude when something goes wrong and a horse leaves that he does'nt suspect and more or less screws up the race , but thats horse racing and good drivers adjust there plans without committing a form of suicide . Sam wins plenty of races and I'm sure he will win many more , but to reach the next level in driver status the mistake I'm mentioning should not have happened no way in that situation its not hard to realize that you have to beat Load The Dice a confirmed closer so you must save your horse . Good luck with your horses and its not the end of the world when a driver makes a mistake ! but constructive criticism never hurts and usually helps if the same situation arises in a future race and it will positively happen again ! We will see if Sam learned a lesson the next time . just my opinion !

geezer RTP

Phil, that's a great explanation - about having a game plan should things go unexpectedly and having the presence of mind and the humility to adjust. Even a gambler who has watched many races but never been around horses can appreciate your explanation.

It was regrettable that Widger got hooked so bad and denied his old warhorse (and the gamblers) a GREAT chance to beat the Load the Dice, who ranks second behind Dink a Doo as almost unbeatable chalk in big races.

And yes, you just move on. Opportunities abound!

If I may, a plug for Ryan's drive Friday on My Casanova (Race 9). He surely had the best horse, but the expert two-move drive from the 8-hole sealed the deal!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: