Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 21, 2014, 11:54:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: UNCLE SAM CALLING FOR BACK TAXES OWED  (Read 7912 times)
unclesam

Ignore
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:17:37 PM »

OUTSIDE THE BALMORAL RACE OFFICE TONIGHT WAS A LIST OF DRIVERS-TRAINERS-OWNERS WHO HAVE BACK TAXES UNPAID. THE LIST SAYS THESE PEOPLE WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR A 2006 LICENSE IF THEY DO NOT PAY THERE TAXES OR MAKE ARRANGEMENTS TO PAY THERE TAXES. THERE ARE SOME BIG NAMES ON LTHIS LIST SO LOOK CAREFULLY. THIS IS NOT EVERYONE ONLY SOME THAT I CAN REMEMBER SO CHECK TO SEE IF YOU ARE ON THE LIST.

DALE HITEMAN
LISA ERHLICH
ERIC PLOWMAN
ROBIN SCAHDT
DANA PARHAM
ROGER WELCH
CARL PORCELLI
MIKE ARNOLD
JENNIFER LAPPE
JIM EATON
ROD ALLUMS
LARRY FINN
LISA ERHLICH
JOE CASSANO
SCOTT DIDOMENICO
JARROD DUNCAN
MARK FRANSEN
JIM HORVATH JR
JOE NERO III
JOHN ROBERTS
RONNIE ROBERTS
BRUCE KRAUSE
IRA SMOLIN
DUNCAN PRICE
JERRY LONGO
NICK CLEGG
PAUL BLUMENFELD
MARK P'POOL
DEE COZZI
RICK DANE
HOSEA WILLIAMS
BRIAN CARPENTER

AND PLENTY MORE. YOU FOLKS BETTER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND PAY YOUR TAXES OR ELSE.......UNCLE SAM. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: October 27, 2005, 11:20:06 PM by unclesam » Report to moderator   Logged
race track phil

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 11:33:01 PM »

I really feel sorry for the horsemen ! when uncle sam wants you , your in big touble . the IRS loves  to put the screws to anybody they can ! and I'm speaking from experience . wait till they get the bill with interest added ! the ordeal these people will go through is frightening . good luck !
                                           RTP
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 11:43:15 PM »

Are these Illinois taxes that are due or Federal taxes? I can't see the Federal goverment taking away a license for back taxes. I believe it's the state putting pressure on Illinois horseman for taxes owed to Illinois.

As if the horseman aren't going through enough hard times, now this. 
emp

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 11:45:30 PM »

Wow DN, now you're a 'full member'. Guess I'm still a virgin/newbie!

It's definately the state and again this year will be different from others due to the Department of Revenue directly monitoring the IRB with no exceptions!
Dan Nance

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:27:31 AM »

Wow DN, now you're a 'full member'. Guess I'm still a virgin/newbie!

It's definately the state and again this year will be different from others due to the Department of Revenue directly monitoring the IRB with no exceptions!

That's just what I thought. The state putting pressure on the poor horseman.

Does the state threaten to take away the jobs of other citizens of Illinois who owe taxes?......or do they just threaten the poor horseman? Sounds like a crock of shit to me.   
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 12:32:21 AM »

That's just what I thought. The state putting pressure on the poor horseman.

Does the state threaten to take away the jobs of other citizens of Illinois who owe taxes?......or do they just threaten the poor horseman? Sounds like a crock of shit to me.   

To my knowledge, most State licensed professions have things like this.  A fellow mortgage originator I worked with lost his license for taxes owed -- so I know there's other licenses that have the same policies.

I understand it more when in a financial position, however -- not sure why it matters whether or not a horseman has paid his taxes.  (not that I'm condoning it)

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
redneck

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 05:52:43 AM »

I guess the entry box will be like a ghost town?

If it hadn`t come up on here who knows?

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
TC

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 08:55:17 AM »

IMO, this is a dead issue.  If you owe the state as little as $25, you're probably on the list.  You won't earn a "rip" for a late $25 payment.  If you owe big money, you hire a tax attorney who settles with the state (or fed).  This isn't a Willie Nelson-type story as far as I'm concerned.  Not even Hiteman's name on the list intrigues me - LOL.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 09:04:47 AM »

Hiteman's name not on the overdue tax list.
TC, not another major harness scandal?HuhHuhHuh
Heavens to Betsy!!!!!!!!!!!
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 09:37:23 AM »

Burton, your wrong Hitemans name is indeed on that TAX list. It is also on the -DRIVING LIKE I GOT SHIT IN MY PANTS-list. If you did not know any better you would think he is gambling the way he drives. I have NEVER-EVER seen a guy not whip a horse down by the wire like he does. He loses more races late in the mile than the CUBS do in September. Is he playing a violin down the stretch or does he need to hurry back to the paddock to take a DUMP Huh Boy do horses get picked up off of him big time. Want a angle ? Anything Hiteman off and Tetrick on go to the windows.  Wink
medic_61353

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 09:38:12 AM »

Has this been done in the past or is this the way Rob Blagojevich sends his thanks to the Horseman for their support?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 09:43:29 AM »

Superman,
Sorry for the miscommunication.
I took TC at his word.
A mistake.

Anyway, Hiteman is not the same driver he was way back when.
But, he does protect the horse for the owners and he still drives for pretty much everyone at one time or another, so they must like him.
The Seekman's use him and I don't think they're fools.
But your point is well taken from a betting angle.
He is a different driver than the one who excelled at Maywood 15-20 years ago.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 10:15:56 AM »

Burton, your wrong Hitemans name is indeed on that TAX list. It is also on the -DRIVING LIKE I GOT SHIT IN MY PANTS-list. If you did not know any better you would think he is gambling the way he drives. I have NEVER-EVER seen a guy not whip a horse down by the wire like he does. He loses more races late in the mile than the CUBS do in September. Is he playing a violin down the stretch or does he need to hurry back to the paddock to take a DUMP Huh Boy do horses get picked up off of him big time. Want a angle ? Anything Hiteman off and Tetrick on go to the windows.  Wink
Superman, this post of yours is THE POST OF THE MONTH -OCTOBER 2005 as far as I'm concerned.  Keep up the good effort.  The forum needs more guys like yourself.  TC
Dan Nance

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 10:52:22 AM »

Is Tony Pernice and Gary O'brien's name on the list?

Oh wait, I forgot they are barred and don't have a license. But, if they ever do get their license's back the first thing I'll do is head over to Maybrook and file a judgement against them for the $900 they own me from the equipment of mine they sold and kept my money. I'll be right in front of the stewards with the judgement in hand, you know the same thing Dick Siegal does to all the horseman that owe him money. It's either pay the judgement or go bye bye until you do.

I don't think that Tony and Gary will ever be back because the interest on the judgement they are suspened for has piled up so high in the last 6 years they would have to hit little lotto to be able to satisfy the judgement.   
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 11:02:43 AM »

you guys ripping Hiteman are clueless...i hope you're gambling into the pools when I'm at the races...And Dan - if you see Gary OB...can you collect the $60 he owes me...thx....
TC

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 11:03:41 AM »

Superman,
Sorry for the miscommunication.
I took TC at his word.
A mistake.

...one of a dozen or so you've made , primarily because you don't read too well.  How's that for some facts ? LOL TC   P.S. You can apologize to me anytime you'd like.
njhorseman

« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 11:05:05 AM »

Superman, this post of yours is THE POST OF THE MONTH -OCTOBER 2005 as far as I'm concerned.  Keep up the good effort.  The forum needs more guys like yourself.  TC

TC:
You sure changed your stance on not responding to trolls awfully quickly when one of the trolls happened to post something you agree with. Grin Grin
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 11:09:06 AM »

NJhorseman,
I have no bone to pick with you.
I enjoy your posts.
Please don't lump me in with the name callers.
Dan Nance

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 11:11:17 AM »

you guys ripping Hiteman are clueless...i hope you're gambling into the pools when I'm at the races...And Dan - if you see Gary OB...can you collect the $60 he owes me...thx....

Joe B

You have a better chance of seeing Gary O'Brien then I have. Just go to Bobby's Bar where he works slinging empty beer bottles around while Tony looks to bust someone's head. If you can collect the $900 they owe me you can keep half. I would send Joe Batters and Louie D. to collect but I think they are friends with the fake mafia guy SP. If you don't see them I'll do my own collecting if I come back to race next summer.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 11:13:58 AM »

Joe B

You have a better chance of seeing Gary O'Brien then I have. Just go to Bobby's Bar where he works slinging empty beer bottles around while Tony looks to bust someone's head. If you can collect the $900 they owe me you can keep half. I would send Joe Batters and Louie D. to collect but I think they are friends with the fake mafia guy SP. If you don't see them I'll do my own collecting if I come back to race next summer.

LOL.  Leave "Ghostjogger" alone.  Doe he really go a few miles in the gloamin', under the radar ?  Only the Shadow knows - LOL.  TC
njhorseman

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 11:16:53 AM »

NJhorseman,
I have no bone to pick with you.
I enjoy your posts.
Please don't lump me in with the name callers.

Burton:
My post was addressed to TC, and I was clearly referring to something written by "Superman," so unless you are ghosting/trolling for either of them, what Huh Huh are you talking about?
burton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 11:19:04 AM »

Sorry NJhorseman.

Everytime I post a few wisecracker come out with the troll stuff.
I apologize!
njhorseman

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 11:22:41 AM »

Sorry NJhorseman.

I apologize!

OK..apology accepted.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 11:24:51 AM »

Sorry NJhorseman.

I apologize!
burton, you are what you are.  How's that for some FACT ?  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2005, 11:28:37 AM »

TC

Ever think of writing a gossip column?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: