Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 18, 2014, 02:53:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jose C. Ferrer still riding  (Read 5677 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 09:42:35 PM »

HEY ***hole you didn't nail anyone!! I was looking for an answer in the rules which is not there and Mr. Graham took the time to provide US ALL with the answer, for which I thanked him for. I may be uneducated but I fought for my country and your right to go to school which also earned me the right to call you ***hole!!

I didn't say you were uneducated, but that you made an uneducated opinion about Ferrer.  Hey, I made an uneducated opinion on Jim C.'s age that was wrong.  I guess good clean living keeps the guy looking young.  Also, you don't have to fight for your country to earn the right to call me anything.  Call me what you want, I used to be a high school teacher before I retired and became a track bum.
Report to moderator   Logged
maladjusted

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 10:02:40 PM »

I used to be a high school teacher before I retired and became a track bum.

Not much to be proud of APCD.........

and Nick - you better watch you're punk a## mouth.
nwaryas

« Reply #52 on: December 13, 2006, 07:44:53 AM »

http://www.state.il.us/agency/irb/racing/pdf/meeting%20results/December%20Meeting%20Results.pdf

Jose Ferrer suspension- Withdrawn
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:46:38 AM by nwaryas » Report to moderator   Logged
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:51 AM »

Withdrawn?Huh Business as usual!

Ed
mel4600

« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2006, 10:33:02 AM »

It could mean one of two things, Ferrer withdrew his appeal and will serve his suspension or charges were withdrawn. I find it hard to believe they would withdraw the charges when they already ruled on them.
Stealth

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2006, 10:44:31 AM »

It could mean one of two things, Ferrer withdrew his appeal and will serve his suspension or charges were withdrawn. I find it hard to believe they would withdraw the charges when they already ruled on them.

I think he withdrew his appeal and will serve his suspension.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2006, 11:01:19 AM »

He's been reading this thread and didn't want to tick SWAY BACK off. After, all he SWAY BACK was killed in Viet Nam and he can still post here! That's an awesome super power.
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2006, 11:31:31 AM »

This Moon guy kills me!LOL  He has made at least 6 posts how he got me on ignore yet he keeps talkin about what I'm posting!!! Everyone knows he STILL reads every one of my posts! When push comes to shove it will be guys like me who will preserve your freedom while liberal ***hole like Moon will run for cover and then constantly complain.
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2006, 11:43:46 AM »

I believe Ferrer just made a brilliant move if in fact he did withdraw his appeal! He can start serving his suspension today at Hawthorne and run through Sunday. Since Tampa is dark Wednesday, Thursday and Friday he will only have to really serve 2 days Saturday and Sunday.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2006, 01:59:52 PM »

Did this appeal just cover the 5 day one he got at Arlington?  How about the 30 day one from Hawthorne for the questionable ride he had on that horse?
jrstark
Administrator

« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2006, 07:29:11 PM »

Marcus has an update:
http://www.drf.com/news/article/81234.html

30 days reduced to $1500, he's already served some days so only one day left on the Arlington suspension.
dogs up

« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2006, 08:21:34 PM »

In addition to the chiarperson, there are 10 guys on the illinois racing board who obviously have no balls--ferrer never siad that he thought the horse was injured-he just decided not to give the horse a full ride-in new york, a jock named robert messina did the same thing--Finger lakes, of all places, threw him out, the stewards placed a suspension- and upon appeal the racing board there doubled the suspension and then revoked his license. It took him nearly two years to earn his license back-

This is just another reason why horse racing is in trouble--following boxing right to the grave
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43:10 PM »

Ferrer will be back in Chicago riding this weekend. This riding colony needs all the help it can get!
mel4600

« Reply #63 on: December 13, 2006, 09:43:45 PM »

Marcus has an update:
http://www.drf.com/news/article/81234.html

30 days reduced to $1500, he's already served some days so only one day left on the Arlington suspension.

I guess this will answer all questions on the matter of his suspensions.
Moon

My new motto: Remain Vertical!

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: December 13, 2006, 09:53:32 PM »

Here's another problem with racing (and with other sports, as well). AP has been done racing for 3 months now, and suspensions STILL haven't been served.
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2006, 09:59:08 PM »

Here's another problem with racing (and with other sports, as well). AP has been done racing for 3 months now, and suspensions STILL haven't been served.

Thats a good point for once from Moon! How could Ferrer delay it so long? I think if you lose an appeal the suspension should automatically be doubled!!
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: December 13, 2006, 10:00:59 PM »

Funny thing is we live in the United States where you are considered innocent until proven guilty. As best I know Ferrer has the right to appeal just like every other American. Hell I was in a car accident 7 years ago that has still not been settled in court.Everything is relative but the man has a right to make a living. I wonder have any of you ever had an off day at work? Guess no one makes mistakes anymore!@!!!!
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: December 13, 2006, 10:04:27 PM »

Funny thing is we live in the United States where you are considered innocent until proven guilty. As best I know Ferrer has the right to appeal just like every other American. Hell I was in a car accident 7 years ago that has still not been settled in court.Everything is relative but the man has a right to make a living. I wonder have any of you ever had an off day at work? Guess no one makes mistakes anymore!@!!!!

So what your saying a car thief has a right to make a living? HE WAS FOUND GUILTY!! A murderer has a right to an appeal but in the meantime he has to sit in jail.
Chartwell

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: December 13, 2006, 10:32:46 PM »

No, he doesn't have to sit in jail. He can be released on bond while appealing depending on the circumstances of the case. It is not fair to compare a stewards decision to that of a court's ruling in a murder case. In addition, Jose has every right to appeal the steward's decisons. I cannot count how many times I have disagreed with the stewards whether it be if someone should be taken down or whether a trainer or jock deserves a fine or suspension. Stewards in general are not approachable and while they have a very difficult job are in my opinion wrong as often as they are right.
SWAY BACK

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2006, 12:05:14 AM »

I got to agree with you on the stewards. flag
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 12:08:44 AM by SWAY BACK » Report to moderator   Logged
pamwaggy

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2006, 01:15:39 AM »

Ditto.
Ed

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2006, 07:27:48 AM »

Business as usual in Illinois.

Ed
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: