Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 01, 2014, 12:30:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ranking the Drivers  (Read 13529 times)
Richard Breth

« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2005, 10:56:31 PM »

As a former trainer and owner I think they gave him the royal shaft when he didn't deserve it. I know what I'm watching when I watch a race better then you my friend and if I thought Ronnie deserved to be taken down I would say it.

Dan the point is you are not the owner or trainer of that horse so it is not for you to say who drives or who is took off and when. Unless you know all sides of the story from everyone then you can offer an opinion but it is still not your horse. That is what gets you in trouble here jumping to conclusions and firing on everyone in sight.
Report to moderator   Logged
Dan Nance

« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2005, 11:16:35 PM »

Dan the point is you are not the owner or trainer of that horse so it is not for you to say who drives or who is took off and when. Unless you know all sides of the story from everyone then you can offer an opinion but it is still not your horse. That is what gets you in trouble here jumping to conclusions and firing on everyone in sight.

We know things you don't. I have a right to my opinion since I've dealt with owners and drivers. I could care less who the LeVins or anyone else for that matter puts up to drive. I feel Ronnie got the shaft and that's my opinion.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2005, 12:45:35 AM »

The best driver EVER in harness racing is sitting in a jail cell. Walter case is the best driver that harness racing has ever seen. He can get more out of a horse then any human alive.

Most of you people don't know what true talent really is.

Please Dan- Case was a half mile driver, when he drove in Chicago he looked like Marshall Duncan.
Dan Nance

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 01:06:54 AM »

Please Dan- Case was a half mile driver, when he drove in Chicago he looked like Marshall Duncan.

Talk to the NJ Horseman and he'll tell you all about Case and when he drove at the Big M. when he was only a young man. Case can drive at any track. He has magical hands and can carry a tired horse to the wire better then anyone alive. When he gets out of jail he will still out drive most of the drivers even though he'll be rusty.
redneck

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 07:01:39 AM »

He was "GOD" at Northfield

TC

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 09:27:40 AM »

Superman, I disagree.  He performed well for Carver.  His UDR was a little low, but they raced at him very hard and his best years were still to come at that point.  I think WC is a scrounge personally, and a quasi-cheat for all the kicking, whipping under the belly and so forth, but he is a master at keeping a horse going and intimidating opponents (even moreso than Dale Earnhardt was IMO). TC
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 10:22:12 AM »

Tc, Im not impressed with half-mile drivers like Case, Grismore, B.Miller, K. Holliday and any other Ohio guy that drove for the likes of (DR. BELCHER) .After the juice trainers got busted so went all their driving percentages of these guy's. Tongue Brett Miller wins 5 a night (where) Northfield or Hoosier Park and no place else. I might win 5 a night driving against the likes of Frank Harris.
njhorseman

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 10:24:36 AM »

Tc, Im not impressed with half-mile drivers like Case, Grismore, B.Miller, K. Holliday and any other Ohio guy that drove for the likes of (DR. BELCHER) .After the juice trainers got busted so went all their driving percentages of these guy's. Tongue Brett Miller wins 5 a night (where) Northfield or Hoosier Park and no place else. I might win 5 a night driving against the likes of Frank Harris.

He's not just a "half-mile" driver. when he was barely over 21 he moved from Yonkers to the Meadowlands and was immediately in the top 5 drivers.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 10:26:53 AM »

Case was successful at the Big M, Yonkers as well as here and Northfield.
He could put on a show with his ability.
And I think most will agree it takes more talent to be successful on the half miler.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2005, 10:57:09 AM »

Wanna see real talent? Watch tonights races at Maywood. The names Dave Miller, Brian Sears,John Campbell and yes even Eric Ledford are what you call REAL BIG TIME DRIVERS. Why? Because they drive against the best and can beat them. Tony Morgan is good (but pulling out of 2-holes on 50-1 shots in stake races makes him look like a goof), Andy Miller is good (but on what horses loyal Oppostion & brother Irv's horses, Mike Oosting is really moving up to the top (because he can read a program and has a good memory). Case knows he could not have ever won the races he did on a big track and thats why he stayed BUSTED at that rat hole Northfield. A place he could kick horses, stiff them and go hang out at the bars all night and lose thousands of dollars playing pool.

Dave Miller- Brian Sears- John Campbell- Eric Ledford will be names you see winning races (AND BIG RACES) at any size track. And these are known facts, no proof needed.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2005, 11:00:33 AM »

I agree with you on the top drivers.
The racing here this weekend is a real treat.
I think Case was at Northfield because at that time there weren't many states, if any, that would liscense him.
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2005, 11:15:32 AM »

I believe there are top drivers at all levels from the faris to the Meadowlands.  Some just will never get the opportunity as others.  I thought it was nice to see Roger Hammer compete at that level this summer.  He is a true horseman.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2005, 11:21:20 AM »

Couldn't agree with you more County Fair.
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2005, 11:25:58 AM »

In Iowa I got to see Emett Liles work some magic.  He could get on a horse that he had never been behind and get 5 to 10 sec more out if it.  I have seen this done more times that I can count. 
njhorseman

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2005, 11:33:34 AM »

I believe there are top drivers at all levels from the faris to the Meadowlands.  Some just will never get the opportunity as others.  I thought it was nice to see Roger Hammer compete at that level this summer.  He is a true horseman.

A true horseman, yes. a driver comparable to Campbell, Magee, Manzi, Lachance, Filion, Case, etc., not in a million years...and he would be the first to tell you that.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2005, 11:38:58 AM »

A true horseman, yes. a driver comparable to Campbell, Magee, Manzi, Lachance, Filion, Case, etc., not in a million years...and he would be the first to tell you that.
NJ, Roger Hammer has a few years on those names doesn't he ? (except Fillion)  He has had a pretty good record as a developer of stakes competitors it seems.  What was his stakes bread and butter - MDSS or PASS ?  TC
County Fair Racing

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2005, 11:46:08 AM »

He couldn't have driven Vivid Photo any better in the Hambo.  He drove that race to win.  Now since then he drove the horse differently.  Andy got to look the horse in the eye and was better that day. 
njhorseman

« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2005, 11:48:50 AM »

NJ, Roger Hammer has a few years on those names doesn't he ? (except Fillion)  He has had a pretty good record as a developer of stakes competitors it seems.  What was his stakes bread and butter - MDSS or PASS ?  TC

Hammer is 59, so he is a few years older than most of those. He is a life-long Pennsylvanian, and that is where he has done most of his racing.

He actually asked Cat Manzi to drive Vivid Photo in the Hambletonian because he knew his horse was good enough but he was afraid that he'd get outdriven by the big boys. Cat politely declined, and told Hammer that he was more than capable of winning. I thought that was a really classy move by the Cat Man, because he has never won the Hambo himself, and wants to win that race more than any other.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: