Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 11:24:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IS HELL FREEZING OVER ?  (Read 1713 times)
TC

Ignore
« on: December 15, 2005, 01:02:51 AM »

What's next in the bizarre world of Chicagoland harness racing...strikes...work stoppages...conditioned claimers...Owen Julius winning races...Art Gregory winning races...Jim Hannon remembering he's a nice guy who cared about the sport years ago...Johnny Johnston shaking hands with Joe Dakuras and wishing him Happy Holidays...Tom Kelley doing the right thing...Doug Clements a.k.a. "Casper the Ghost" being seen ?   Did I just hear and see all of this and more recently ?  Dan, save me a spot next to you in Las Vegas because I think the sky is falling in Chicagoland.  TC  P.S.  Take 100 gallons of booze and some holiday cheer and ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible I guess.  P.P.S.  Dominic, remember it is me who has given you a wide berth and not fired on you...yet.  Thanks for being a man though and admitting that you read the #1 forum in all harness racing.  Your predecessor never could admit such an act.  Good Luck and Happy Holidays to you.
Report to moderator   Logged
ilovecopper

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2005, 01:37:28 AM »

just another sore LOSER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Richard Breth

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 01:41:07 AM »

Johnny Johnston shaking hands with Joe Dakuras and wishing him Happy Holidays

Ha! That was devious of him. He knows that phrase drives a BTW esteemed poster up the wall.
Jeepers

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 01:59:08 AM »

So are the horsemen gonna strike or what?
TC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 08:09:01 AM »

So are the horsemen gonna strike or what?
BTW, to all the Dakuras bashers...burton and Joe b please turn your heads and cough because you won't believe what you are going to see on this forum today fellas...strange things were heard and said last night at the Balmoral Christmas party...more to follow...TC
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 08:33:15 AM »

What's next in the bizarre world of Chicagoland harness racing...strikes...work stoppages...conditioned claimers...Owen Julius winning races...Art Gregory winning races...Jim Hannon remembering he's a nice guy who cared about the sport years ago...Johnny Johnston shaking hands with Joe Dakuras and wishing him Happy Holidays...Tom Kelley doing the right thing...Doug Clements a.k.a. "Casper the Ghost" being seen ?   Did I just hear and see all of this and more recently ?  Dan, save me a spot next to you in Las Vegas because I think the sky is falling in Chicagoland.  TC  P.S.  Take 100 gallons of booze and some holiday cheer and ANYTHING and EVERYTHING is possible I guess.  P.P.S.  Dominic, remember it is me who has given you a wide berth and not fired on you...yet.  Thanks for being a man though and admitting that you read the #1 forum in all harness racing.  Your predecessor never could admit such an act.  Good Luck and Happy Holidays to you.

Timmy:

Either you were sitting at Bud's sports bar in Orland Park last night, or you had your spies out in full force? LOL. Yes, hell did freeze over last night as I went to the Orland OTB and was suprised to find out early in the evening that the Balmoral Christmas Party was being held there . It was great to see Tom Kelley whom I respect and have not seen for a while.

After sitting in the OTB and making my daily contribution, about half way through the night, Johnny Johnston did come over and shake my hand to wish me Merry Christmas. I have to admit, I was shocked and overwhelmed. I started thinking that maybe I was wrong for pre-judging and speaking out against him. After speaking with him for 5 to 10 minutes, I realized that people make mistakes and he really is not a bad guy at all. I was thinking that maybe this was some kind of sick joke or a bad dream. But it really happened and I am still shaking my head this morning in class. Johnny was more than professional and we agreed to let things rest and forget about that past. I am glad we talked and have a much better understanding of why we both behaved as way we did. I guess life is way too short for stuff like this and I must admit, I was wrong to say some of the things I did about Johnny; after all, he was the one who took the first step in mending the fences, not me. I am appreciative and thankful that after all this time, we know where each other stands and we can be civil to each other.

All in all, it was like old times and even Jim Hannon came up and greeted me. Sometimes we get so caught up in the moment and let our personal feelings guide us and end up using poor judgment, something I am certainly guilty of, in this case. I want to apologize to John Johnston and Jim Hannon for my unprofessionalism over this past year. I certainly know better. The both of you guys were true professionals last night and very gentlemanly by your actions. I wish all of you the very best and hope harness racing will get back on track in 2006. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras
(A UNLV Runnin Rebel For Life)  

« Last Edit: December 15, 2005, 01:08:25 PM by JDakuras » Report to moderator   Logged

AND NOW, HERE ARE YOUR UNLV 1990 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS:
                       GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THE BEST COACH EVER, JERRY "TARK" TARKANIAN
THIS IS HEAVEN
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 08:45:26 AM »

Joe,

Holy Shit that was a Kodak moment.  I can't believe it....
medic_61353

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2005, 09:25:26 AM »

Now and then, a person needs to pull the manure spreader out of the shed, oil the chains and sprockets and get rid of all their Shit. Or maybe John Johnson had a visit from The Ghost of Christmas yet to Come.
TC

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2005, 10:07:12 AM »

Now and then, a person needs to pull the manure spreader out of the shed, oil the chains and sprockets and get rid of all their Shit. Or maybe John Johnson had a visit from The Ghost of Christmas yet to Come.
Well stated medic.  I think that even the head of the Gestapo knows that he's in a spot of trouble when you have to rely on crippled NW/Cl horses to run about 3 times every 2 weeks just to fill the box.  Now, if they can start to think outside the box, then we might all be in business.  I'm telling you all that slots and expanded gambling is a DEAD TICKET until after Rocket Rod is re-elected at least.  No politician in his right mind would upset Puritan, downstate voters when he has no coalition there.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2005, 10:40:57 AM »

Timmy:

Either you were sitting at Bud's sports bar in Orland Park last night, or you had your spies out in full force? LOL. Yes, hell did freeze over last night as I went to the Orland OTB and was suprised to find out early in the evening that the Balmoral Christmas Party was being held there . It was great to see Tom Kelley whom I respect and have not seen for a while.

After sitting in the OTB and making my daily contribution, about half way through the night, Johnny Johnston did come over and shake my hand to wish me Merry Christmas. I have to admit, I was shocked and overwhelmed. I started thinking that maybe I was wrong for pre-judging and speaking out against him. After speaking with him for 5 to 10 minutes, I realized that people make mistakes and he really is not a bad guy at all. I was thinking that mabe this was some kind of sick joke or a bad dream. But it really happened and I am still shaking my head this morning in class. Johnny was more than professional and we agreed to let things rest and forget about that past. I am glad we talked and have a much better understanding of why we both behaved as way we did. I guess life is way too short for stuff like this and I must admit, I was wrong to say some of the things I did about Johnny; after all, he was the one who took the first step in mending the fences, not me. I am appreciative and thankful that after all this time, we know where each other stands and we can be civil to each other.

All in all, it was like old times and even Jim Hannon came up and greeted me. Sometimes we get so caught up in the moment and let our personal feelings guide us and end up using poor judgment, something I am certainly guilty of, in this case. I want to apologize to John Johnston and Jim Hannon for my unprofessionalism over this past year. I certainly know better. The both of you guys were true professionals last night and very gentlemanly by your actions. I wish all of you the very best and hope harness racing will get back on track in 2006. Good luck and Merry Christmas to all.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Dakuras,

Does this mean that you were wrong in calling Johnston a race fixer as a jockey?
Or is that still your opinion?
Earlier when you accused him of this, you said those were the facts.
Have the facts changed?
Or in your opinion was Johnston involved in a fixed t-bred race as a jock?
Richard Breth

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2005, 12:01:05 PM »

Joe D

That was a nice surprise for you!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 12:26:43 PM »

Dakuras,

Does this mean that you were wrong in calling Johnston a race fixer as a jockey?
Or is that still your opinion?
Earlier when you accused him of this, you said those were the facts.
Have the facts changed?
Or in your opinion was Johnston involved in a fixed t-bred race as a jock?

Burton:

I'm not even going to let you get me started. Don’t be a hater because Mr. Johnston and I settled our differences. Don’t hate, congratulate! Dan Nance won $12,000 last week betting the Big M. and is upset at all of the troll posts; just because you don’t have him to argue with, please don't try to start me up.

Johnny Johnston made amends and that is good enough for me. As far as you wanting to discuss Johnston's ringer race, file a Freedom of Information Request and pull the records from the IRB. That would be the best and only way of you separating fact from fiction. Fair enough?

I offered to meet with you and show the transcripts which you have never taken me up on. That offer still stands today. If you ever would like to see the transcripts of Johnston's testimony let me know. For the time being, I am going to enjoy this moment and give Johnny the benefit of the doubt. I am in no way a perfect person and have regrettably made some mistakes in my life and appreciate the fact that Johnny approached me and attempted to resolve our differences. That speaks volumes for him and I am grateful. I was wrong for saying some of the things I did, and for that, I apologize.

I wish you and the entire forum a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Now, if we could just have Joe B. and you apologize to Dan Nance and Tc, the forum would be a better place. Think about it Burton, it is the right thing to do for all you have done to Dan Nance. We need Dan and his insight on this forum, period. How about him winning $12k at the Big M.? Now that’s what I call handicapping. Good luck to this entire forum and may 2006 bring you good health, wealth, and Las Vegas sunshine.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 12:34:23 PM »

Burton:

I'm not even going to let you get me started. Don’t be a hater because Mr. Johnston and I settled our differences. Don’t hate, congratulate! Dan Nance won $12,000 last week betting the Big M. and is upset at all of the troll posts; just because you don’t have him to argue with, please don't try to start me up.

Johnny Johnston made amends and that is good enough for me. As far as you wanting to discuss Johnston's ringer race, file a Freedom of Information Request and pull the records from the IRB. That would be the best and only way of you separating fact from fiction. Fair enough?

I offered to meet with you and show the transcripts which you have never taken me up on. That offer still stands today. If you ever would like to see the transcripts of Johnston's testimony let me know. For the time being, I am going to enjoy this moment and give Johnny the benefit of the doubt. I am in no way a perfect person and have regrettably made some mistakes in my life and appreciate the fact that Johnny approached me and attempted to resolve our differences. That speaks volumes for him and I am grateful. I was wrong for saying some of the things I did, and for that, I apologize.

I wish you and the entire forum a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Now, if we could just have Joe B. and you apologize to Dan Nance and Tc, the forum would be a better place. Think about it Burton, it is the right thing to do for all you have done to Dan Nance. We need Dan and his insight on this forum, period. How about him winning $12k at the Big M.? Now that’s what I call handicapping. Good luck to this entire forum and may 2006 bring you good health, wealth, and Las Vegas sunshine.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

Dakuras,

Thanks for NOT answering my questions.
A basic yes or no was all that was required.

As far as my relationship with TC goes, it's fine.

As far as an apology to Nance?
For what?
For not kissing his lying ass like a few posters here do?
Please explain?

I'm happy that you and Johnston made peace.
Either he's a much bigger man than anyone on this forum gives him credit for or he doesn't know one thing about your lying hate filled posts about him and his family?

Merry Christmas to you!
trotter

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 12:37:47 PM »

Buton,

Just shut up....can't you quit your shit stirring for one day.  Give Joe a break.  For Gods sakes it's Christmas you jerk.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 12:40:40 PM »

Buton,

Just shut up....can't you quit your shit stirring for one day.  Give Joe a break.  For Gods sakes it's Christmas you jerk.

Trotter,

I don't have a beef with you.
Let's keep it that way.
Merry Christmas to you!
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2005, 12:42:44 PM »

Buton,

Trotter:

Thanks for seeing the kind of guy Burton is. Now if we can only get Janine to see it, maybe he'll get the boot. LOL. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. Just ignore Burton, Dan has slowed down on posting here because of him.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 12:48:51 PM »

Poor, poor Dan!
I feel so sorry for him.

As anyone can see there has been alot of peacful harness racing discussions here without you and Nance.
Both bitter losers.
Nothing more.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 12:50:18 PM »

Buton,

Trotter:

Thanks for seeing the kind of guy Burton is. Now if we can only get Janine to see it, maybe he'll get the boot. LOL. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. Just ignore Burton, Dan has slowed down on posting here because of him.

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN
burton

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2005, 12:54:40 PM »

Poor, poor Dan!
I feel so sorry for him.

As anyone can see there has been alot of peacful harness racing discussions here without you and Nance.
Both bitter losers.
Nothing more.
John Doe

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2005, 12:56:03 PM »

Buton,

Trotter:

Best Regards,
Joseph M. Dakuras

GREG ANTHONY
                       ANDERSON HUNT
                       MOSES SCURRY
                       STACEY AUGMON
                       LARRY JOHNSON
THIS IS HEAVEN