Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

December 19, 2014, 10:31:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Bible According To Berr Belly Bob."  (Read 1480 times)
John Frank

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2005, 08:09:31 PM »

I have not been. I'm going to toss this in shitcan. According to him and his 87 year old redhead mistress,given to him 30 days ago by the old bag,Arlington trackside had meetins yesterday and today and 1 more to go tomorrow to inform tellers, management,servers that TRACKSIDE IS DONE. Can I now bring a oversized plastic bag to give to him to use to put over old bags head next time they participate in their next joyful get togeather. According: TRACKSIDE WILL CLOSE BECAUSE NILES WILL OPEN. THIS ACCORDING TO REDHEAD NOOKIE.
Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2005, 09:56:28 PM »

What difference will it make? Arlington is not going to give up intertrack wagering at the site. You remaining bettors and the employees would just move inside the big house to the 2nd floor simulblast area(s). Probably less to complain about anyhow. Except for the big Pet Expo. What would become of the pets?

The corner lot and maybe the east parking lot becomes some of that famous "excess real estate" Churchill is always talking about at its various tracks, it gets sold to build some godawful suburban piece of sh*t development, APCD Dan gets an extra 2 cents dividend the following quarter or so, and Mr. D and his cronies on the Churchill board make another bundle they so sorely need.

The idea of mighty Churchill folding its tent and running because OTB competition opens up 1/2 hour away. Too funny.
David

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »

I thought the idea behind Trackside was that it was more cost efficient to operate the smaller stand alone OTB than open up and heat or cool and maintain the big building.

I know they aren't going to be in the investing in Building mode with the current status of racing in Illinois, but what I always thought would be a good idea is to build an annex next to the track, that is a permanant structure where the party in the park is, not taking up the whole park mind you - can't lose the petting zoo and stuff, but more like a long narrow building with bar and restraunt that would open up to the track in good weather , which could house the OTB at non racing times without having to open up the whole main building, and not force people into the walk of shame over to Trackside when they kick you out of the main building. I haven't been there, but I read an article in Bloodhorse about Zia Park which seemed to have something like this, an open air bar to watch the races and simos from.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2005, 04:32:14 PM »

I thought the idea behind Trackside was that it was more cost efficient to operate the smaller stand alone OTB than open up and heat or cool and maintain the big building.

That's what I thought, too. You have to admit, though, the simulcast areas on 2nd floor of the main building are nicer than most of Trackside. Maybe it is cheaper to heat part of the main building than remodel Trackside to be competitive with the Bookie Magees concept? Plus you can get big money by selling that corner, that will pay for a lot of BTU's. All speculation on my part.
APCD Dan

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2005, 04:49:34 PM »

What difference will it make? Arlington is not going to give up intertrack wagering at the site. You remaining bettors and the employees would just move inside the big house to the 2nd floor simulblast area(s). Probably less to complain about anyhow. Except for the big Pet Expo. What would become of the pets?

The corner lot and maybe the east parking lot becomes some of that famous "excess real estate" Churchill is always talking about at its various tracks, it gets sold to build some godawful suburban piece of sh*t development, APCD Dan gets an extra 2 cents dividend the following quarter or so, and Mr. D and his cronies on the Churchill board make another bundle they so sorely need.

The idea of mighty Churchill folding its tent and running because OTB competition opens up 1/2 hour away. Too funny.

Is there really any difference between the definition of an intertrack and OTB anymore. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Trackside demolished, unless it would become a slots palor. I would love to be in the main building all year or an attached building.

If the corner lot can be sold, I could use the 2 cents too.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2005, 05:02:21 PM »

Another consideration is that there would be some savings from not having to operate and staff both facilities all day during the Arlington race season.

Assuming this is all real and not just a flight of fancy, of course. When the information sources are "Beer Belly Bob" and John Frank, well, let's just say I'm going to await some independent confirmation before I believe it entirely.
David

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 09:51:26 PM »

Time will tell, there seems to be one of these rumors about moving to the main building every year. I would question however how much "big" money that corner would bring - a much better corner has been vacant and for sale as an outlot of the Sheraton (euclid and rohlwing/53) and has never drawn any interest for a decade. I would say much better as it is basically at a full interchange to the highway and you wouldn't have the dust from the track and the tractors right next to you there. If I recall correctly the actual corner by Trackside where they got the little park and sign used to be a 3rd rate gas station until 10 or 15 years ago.

By the way for those interested with kids there is a pretty cool light show at Arlington for the Holidays, costs like 10 bucks a car to go through - but the kids love it and it benefits Clearbrook Center in Rolling Meadows, supposedly if it goes over well this year it will quadruple in size next year.
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 10:29:02 AM »

I have not been. I'm going to toss this in shitcan. According to him and his 87 year old redhead mistress,given to him 30 days ago by the old bag,Arlington trackside had meetins yesterday and today and 1 more to go tomorrow to inform tellers, management,servers that TRACKSIDE IS DONE. Can I now bring a oversized plastic bag to give to him to use to put over old bags head next time they participate in their next joyful get togeather. According: TRACKSIDE WILL CLOSE BECAUSE NILES WILL OPEN. THIS ACCORDING TO REDHEAD NOOKIE.

John, I'm not sure any of these young folks know what "NOOKIE" is. They call it something else now adays Wink

most of the time....anticipation is greater than realization!
edwarren

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2005, 11:38:41 AM »

John, I'm not sure any of these young folks know what "NOOKIE" is. They call it something else now adays Wink

Cheesy I am so dyin' to know: what do we call it now adays.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: