Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 25, 2014, 04:27:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Bailey..TV analyst ?  (Read 1392 times)
Horse Apples

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2005, 11:56:35 AM »

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2256606
Report to moderator   Logged

most of the time....anticipation is greater than realization!
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:04:48 PM »

well i hope to see him riding again in 2006. he proved this year hes still the best and id like mr bailey to go out winning another derby, he probaly has the mount on first sam if he wants and you know any1 else would love to have him ride their derby horse. baileys done well already as a analyst and why not itd actually be nice for him to become 1 and actually get somebody halfway intelligent up there(unlikethe majority of the people covering the sport on tv)! bailey takes his work home with him and studies tapes for hours of races etc etc so hes enjoyed every bit of success hes gotten. enjoyed talkin to him for about 10 min@hawthorne this past spring. by the way horse apples where ya been and how ya doin? good 2 see ya here
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 05:22:53 PM »

John..i've been following Bailey for many years, long before he became a household name. He & Chris McCarron are the two jocks i've made money on! I'll always wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do after riding.  First class guy..maybe the "GREATEST"  jock ever!!
As for myself, I've been  reading the BTW forum from time to time. While under going lung cancer (stage 3A NSCLC) treatment I was too weak for much of anything..getting better now!!  THANKS for asking Smiley

Lil Harv

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 06:49:06 PM »

I wish Charlsey wasn't quitting. I always thought she brought some insight into the mix of so called handicappers on the network shows of G1's. Bailey would be an awesome addition to any telecast. I wouldn't mind seeing $$ back around the oval in some capacity, such as anylist, but most here would disagree. He wouldn't do anything like that though because he would tell ya what he thinks and some people might not like it.
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 07:33:56 PM »

YEAH..she was very well informed in all aspects of racing..she'll be missed for sure by most.

Who gives a hoot what people say (bad) about Bailey...they're just jealous!!  He is surely one of the greatest jocks of my time. Right with Bill Hartack, Willie Shoemaker,  Chris McCarron, Laffit Pincay, Eddie Delahoussaye, Angel Cordero, Eddie Arcarro & Gary Stevens.........

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 09:42:09 AM »

Don't forget the great Pat Day!!!!!  He was my favorite.
Lil Harv

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2005, 11:03:07 PM »

Horse Apples, I was referring to $hane $ellers doing the job. Bailey is more tv friendly let's say. I know he's not well liked around this place but I don't really care. He knows tbreds but also knows how to say things that may cause some to wish he hadn't. Myself for one.
Pat would be another great choice. He's very articulate and well liked throughout the industry.
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 01:05:14 PM »

Jerry will start the year riding @ Gulfstream:

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/horse/news/story?id=2258818

big wally

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 01:14:44 PM »

Glad to see Bailey riding, as always, he will be overbet and I think his better days are behind him.
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 01:27:34 PM »

like most of us:

THE OLDER WE GET,  THE BETTER WE USED TO BE !! Sad

Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 01:36:52 PM »

Lil Harv...Sellers is/was a good jock & probably would make a very good analyst/commentator.
 I bet him in the KY Derby on 'SKIP AWAY' $100 across..came out of the 17 post went wide around the turn & folded...lousy ride that day for sure..never tried to save ground.Damn good horse later on!

g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 12:57:14 AM »

wow apples i didnt evevn know you were sick or seriously ill like that! im sorry and hopefully youll get better! one of my fav shane sellers rides would have to be a travers win aboard unshaded, helluva stretch battle he had on the horse with chavez aboard albert the great. even tho he lost the race that was kinda ATG's comin out party
Lil Harv

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »

Favorite $$ ride would have to be Skippy beating CIGAR. That was my all time fav stretch drive, next to Personal Ensign in the BC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: