Chicago Barn to Wire Breeders' Cup Handicapping Tournaments
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 30, 2014, 08:49:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What kills me..  (Read 3256 times)
baron

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:51:40 PM »

All the whacking off on overrated Morgan, no one mentions hometown boy Ledford winning the $250K+ race tonight at Dover on a 24/1 shot..

Pathetic..
Report to moderator   Logged
icare

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 12:06:56 AM »

way to go eric, good job, EL is one of the best
icare

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 12:09:42 AM »

All the whacking off on overrated Morgan, no one mentions hometown boy Ledford winning the $250K+ race tonight at Dover on a 24/1 shot..

Pathetic..

he's a Ohio boy
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 12:24:17 AM »

he's a Ohio boy

So is Morgan.  Grin
icare

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 12:36:46 AM »

many good horsemen came from ohio
icare

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 12:38:25 AM »

even jr
ruckerfan

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 12:39:28 AM »

ex rucker horse?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

keep the fight up ken it ant over i hope u useing the rope a dope im getting worried!!!
icare

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 12:41:22 AM »

ex rucker horse?HuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

what do you mean?
race track phil

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 12:46:08 AM »

at least eric is driving at the big m and not trying steal at dover with lesser competition . right now eric is driving better than ever before . dont like the cocky kid personally , but you have to give him credit . now the other coward dog thats a different story . he's like a gunslinger going to town like happy valley hills to act like a big shot population 100 . instead of going to a town like tombstone where your going play with the big guys and see how fast you really are . no the coward dog will take any old bone he can ! the great tony !             RTP
baron

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 01:26:16 AM »

Ledford has not been very good this year.. He ended the Summer meet something like 3 for 84.. Not good.

I don;t blame Morgan for going where the money is.. sound economic decision..

at least eric is driving at the big m and not trying steal at dover with lesser competition . right now eric is driving better than ever before . dont like the cocky kid personally , but you have to give him credit . now the other coward dog thats a different story . he's like a gunslinger going to town like happy valley hills to act like a big shot population 100 . instead of going to a town like tombstone where your going play with the big guys and see how fast you really are . no the coward dog will take any old bone he can ! the great tony !             RTP
swoodall

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 01:32:00 AM »

Eric has settled down and doesn't have to have the front end all the time.  He is in a grove and you better not overlook him.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 01:41:19 AM »

What indicates he is in the groove?

Eric has settled down and doesn't have to have the front end all the time.  He is in a grove and you better not overlook him.
race track phil

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 01:42:01 AM »

Ledford has not been very good this year.. He ended the Summer meet something like 3 for 84.. Not good.

seems like eric is driving pretty good now ! the preent is what counts forget about the past ! you call it a sound economic decision and I call him a coward dog ! but thats horse racing .    RTP
baron

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2005, 01:44:06 AM »

RTP, who is smarter right now, Patrick Berry or Anthony Morgan?

seems like eric is driving pretty good now ! the preent is what counts forget about the past ! you call it a sound economic decision and I call him a coward dog ! but thats horse racing .    RTP
TC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2005, 01:58:40 AM »

What kills me is all the folks who think that racing can continue around here 7 days a week.  Say hello to the beginning of the end.  TC
swoodall

« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 02:05:08 AM »

Baron

Bite me from the other thread.  Ledford is giving his charges good trips,  In the pocket and 2nd and 3rd over in races with hot paces.  That's being in a groove.  In the right place at the right time.
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 08:59:37 AM »

I love when someone says he is driving good now. I guess he was great for a stretch, lost it and has now got it back all of a sudden. If you do not have the horsepower, then that dictates whether you are drving good or not. Maybe, just maybe Ledford's stock got tired towards the end.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 09:54:36 AM »

Ledford has had a good year!!!!!
He was at 15 % at the BigM till the tail end without driving the best horses like Pierce, Miller and Sears get.
Ledford is one of the top ten in North America.
Careyscardshark

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 11:17:36 AM »

Ledford is famous for rating halves in the 51 to 53 range.  I forget the horses name, I believe it was Town Champion on Hambo day where Ledford parked Macdonnel with the gray horse  2nd or 3rd favorite to the half in about 51 and change, thens walks home to finish like 3rd when he had the best horse in the race.  Drives like that are what I hate about him.  Still a good driver.  Don't like him though.  Too cocky.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 11:50:39 AM »

Ledford is famous for rating halves in the 51 to 53 range.  I forget the horses name, I believe it was Town Champion on Hambo day where Ledford parked Macdonnel with the gray horse  2nd or 3rd favorite to the half in about 51 and change, thens walks home to finish like 3rd when he had the best horse in the race.  Drives like that are what I hate about him.  Still a good driver.  Don't like him though.  Too cocky.

Most guys have an opinion of a driver based on how they drive when they bet them.
That is a miniscule percentage of a drivers total drives.
I guess a handicapper has a right to that opinion but if they are objective, they also need to know how the driver performs all the time.
All the top drivers lose on 1-5 horses on occassion.
All of them bring in longshots on occassion.
That's just the game.
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 01:11:57 PM »

Honestly, anyone that states that they do not like Ledford as a driver, makes it personal.
He is definitely an outstanding driver and in the top tier.
Burton is right on, every driver loses at 1-5 on occassion. Honestly, if you are betting 1-5 shots, I hope you have thousands on it. The guy is great whether you like him or not. I do not like betting David Miller because I have terrible luck with him as a gambler, but I know the guy is a damn good driver.

MG
Careyscardshark

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 01:31:03 PM »

I totally agree, you can't base your opinion of a driver on one race, and the only reason I said it was a horse he should of won on was because that is why it made no sense to go to the half that fast and not let the other favorite clear and get the two hole trip.  I have seen Ledford make over aggressive moves like that more than once.  Im not saying he isn't a good driver, because he is.  He has won a number of big races. 
TC

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 01:49:08 PM »

ADMIRAL'S EXPRESS, the gray Canadian ghost.  TC
icare

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 02:12:31 PM »

this is not about if we like eric we all know hes a cocky little shit a dont care for him BUT he can drive a horse even dan tell us that he can drive
baron

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 02:17:06 PM »

You get the best horses when you are one of the best drivers. Plain and simple. That is why Miller Pierce and Sears have first choice.

Ledford has had a good year!!!!!
He was at 15 % at the BigM till the tail end without driving the best horses like Pierce, Miller and Sears get.
Ledford is one of the top ten in North America.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: