Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 20, 2014, 03:10:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chicago Condition Sheet  (Read 1211 times)
movinawayfaraway

Ignore
« on: December 13, 2005, 10:37:57 PM »

"This condition sheet is being written without regular claiming races to stop people coming in and raiding a lot of horses.  We have been informed that horses will be claimed and taken to Delaware and California.  The optional claiming allows those with 2, 3 and 4 year olds to benefit from their allowances if they wish.  This is temporary."

Courtesy of the condition sheet posted on Maywood's website.

Any comments?
Report to moderator   Logged

already did this - movinawayfaraway
njhorseman

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 11:18:02 PM »

"This condition sheet is being written without regular claiming races to stop people coming in and raiding a lot of horses.  We have been informed that horses will be claimed and taken to Delaware and California.  The optional claiming allows those with 2, 3 and 4 year olds to benefit from their allowances if they wish.  This is temporary."

Courtesy of the condition sheet posted on Maywood's website.

Any comments?

Here's what I think. With the possibility of a strike come January 1, a lot of horsemen would be more than happy to have people come in from Delaware, California and elsewhere to claim their horses. A few less to pay for during the strike would benefit most people, as would the extra cash from the claim.

So, I think this is a ploy by mangement to punish the horsemen in anticipation of a strike.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:19:21 PM »

Here's what I think. With the possibility of a strike come January 1, a lot of horsemen would be more than happy to have people come in from Delaware, California and elsewhere to claim their horses. A few less to pay for during the strike would benefit most people, as would the extra cash from the claim.

So, I think this is a ploy by mangement to punish the horsemen in anticipation of a strike.

I completely agree.

Can anyone enter for the OC tag, or just the horses with allowances?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
njhorseman

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 11:23:48 PM »

I completely agree.

Can anyone enter for the OC tag, or just the horses with allowances?

Best,
EW

I have no idea what "Conditioned -Starter for Claiming" means.  Huh I've raced at a lot of different tracks over the years and I've never seen that terminology.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:30:28 PM »

I have no idea what "Conditioned -Starter for Claiming" means.  Huh I've raced at a lot of different tracks over the years and I've never seen that terminology.

That's because they just made it up, Paul.  It's completely crazy.

If you don't want your horse claimed, you move him up in value.  The claiming ranks are that simple.  This is purely, completely, and without a doubt bullshit.

Best,
EW

icare

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 12:56:40 AM »

That's because they just made it up, Paul.  It's completely crazy.

If you don't want your horse claimed, you move him up in value.  The claiming ranks are that simple.  This is purely, completely, and without a doubt bullshit.

Best,
EW

yes its bullshit, we are ganna have 20's in with the 8's knowen they cant get claimed BULLSHIT
swoodall

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 01:58:18 AM »

Johnny has always been about control and revenge!  He has screwed the horsemen with recapture for years now and when they finally show some balls and relocate he tries to screw them one last time on the way out.  A strike means nothing to him.  He doesn't want to race in Jan-Feb anyway.  Relocating on the other hand leaves him with shit to simulcast and will hurt his bottom line in the long run.  Gamblers won't keep betting cheap claimers with small pools forever.  On the other hand this mass Exodus may be part of his master plan to plead poor to Springfield.
Fillmore Bear

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 02:48:46 AM »

T-breds have "starter" races quite a bit.Relatively rare in harness.Spk used to have claiming/starter series.We had at least one series that was starter/condition.Something on the order of NW2(or $5K) as of 2 weeks before series who stared for $8K claiming price in last four starts or to be claimed for $8K today.

Presumably JJ hopes that people who are horse rich and cash poor will capitulate more readily if there is a strike.
sammy

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 09:15:45 AM »

As I sit here in my office this morning, watching the snow fall, I say to myself is this really worth it. We go thru this year after year for a decent contract and we go thru this year after year for some optional racing dates. Negotiations should have been over and a contract signed at least a month ago, when will our representatives learn this.
If the tracks are not willing to negotiate in good faith,then stop all the back and forth idle chatter, no more hearing about stall rents on track and bring your own coffee,this is all meaningless that is designed to get your blood pressure up and take your minds off the real issues.

Since the state is no longer paying the bonus and are not willing to compensate for the recapture,then we should not be responsible for the recapture either.
So when we negotiate we should:
RECAPTURE-ZERO NON-NEGOTIABLE

ALL AMERICAN NATIONALS DELETED-TO SAVE PURSE MONEY

ALL HANOVER STAKES DELETED-TO SAVE PURSE MONEY

PURSES SHOULD BE BASED ON HOW MUCH MONEY WAS GENERATED THE PREVIOUS YEAR

THE CONTRACT SHOULD BE NEGOTIATED BY OWNERS-NOT OWNER TRAINERS, WITH AN ATTORNEY PRESENT

THERE SHOULD BE A REDUCTION IN RACING DAYS

THERE SHOULD BE A LIMIT SET FOR NON-WINNER RACES TO BE CLAIMED

These are just a few ideas,I'm sure someone may have better ones

Please feel free to make suggestions or comments on these ideas as my
vision may be one-sided.

Most of all stay strong,stay united and be prepared as you should already be in case there is no racing

Respectfully

Sammy
off stride

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

YOUR CHICAGO HORSES ALREADY RUN FOR WAY TOO MUCH MONEY...THOSE CONDITIONED CLAIMING NON WINNERS RACES ARE A JOKE AND A FOUR CLAIMER RUNNING FOR $3000..IS ABOUT $500 MORE THAN AVERAGE...TAKING  AWAY THE AMERICAN NATIONALS WILL JUST HASTEN YOUR DEMISE...JUST TO SPREAD MORE MONEY ON YOUR CHEAP ASS ILL. BREDS IS NOT THE ANSWERSERIOUSLY...MICH AND OHIO HAVE ELIMINATED THE 'OPEN' STAKES FROM THERE PROGRAMS AND CONTINUE TO FALTER...LESS RACES PER DAY AND SHORTER  MEETS..NO 7 DAY WEEK..RACE MAYWOOD IN THE WINTER..AND BALMORAL IN THE SPRING AND FALL WITH HAWTHORNE IN THE SUMMER..RACE MANY OF THE RESTRICTED STAKES AT THE FAIRS...YOU NEED TO GET PEOPLE TO THE TRACK AND THROWING MORE ILLINOIS BRED RACES AT THEM IS

NOT THE ANSWER..THEY WANT TO SEE THE BEST...RUN A TRACK IN ANOTHER PART OF THE STATE FOR THE CHEAPER STOCK..OR JUST REALIZE THAT SOME OF THESE HORSES ARENT 'RACE' HORSES
CHICAGO HARNESS RACING NEEDS TO...
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 05:58:24 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »

SAMMY,SAMMY,SAMMY,SAMMY!!!!! GREAT POST!!

Finally someone with an IQ over 3 is posting on here. Get these MOTHER FUXXING TRAINERS OFF the "BOARD." Listening to some of these TRAINERS-OWNERS that are board members makes you think they love racing for nothing. I still cannot believe the IHHA has no real "LAWYER" to represent them.

The "OWNERS" who pay the trainers are the ones who should have a lot more say. Not a "***" like Dave Mcafferey who is worried he'll lose horses in his stable if there's a strike. Do you think he gives a rats ass about anyone but himself??? Why is RONNIE WOO-WOO Roberts on the board???
swoodall

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 01:26:33 PM »

Sammy

It's a shame that everything you listed is true and the changes you listed should be implemented.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 02:48:06 PM »

Sammy

It's a shame that everything you listed is true and the changes you listed should be implemented.

Aren't the AmNats and Hanovers paid for by the stake payments?

Also, the stakes schedule is pretty much what separates us from being Michigan in a year.  I'm not so sure eliminating our last hold on anything resembling high class racing will fix much.

I do agree, however, that the racing days should be cut.  As a result, you will lose some of that NW/CL nonsense that currently clogs the betting cards.

Best,
EW

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: