Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 01, 2014, 02:58:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodrich quits as Arlington President  (Read 1208 times)
APCD Dan

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2005, 11:29:42 PM »

The usual reason:  spend more time with his family.  Personally, I will not miss him as I think he did not do much for Arlington.  Terry, submit your resume, here is your chance to change things at Arlington.  I can see it now:  We don't need no damn slots, bring me your poor, tired horses as we have all kinds of races for you.
Report to moderator   Logged
Thomas Graham

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 11:49:07 PM »

I for one will be real sorry to see Mr. Goodrich leave.  I had a chance to talk to him a couple of times at length in the box seats (a friend of mine has a season's box which I use on occasion).  I found him to have much better understanding of horse racing than either of his predecessors (Sexton and Mordell), and he appeared to be a fan of the sport as well as an executive.  Hell, we even talked handicapping and I don't remember any other Arlington or Hawthorne exec ever talking handicapping with a regular guy like myself.

Dan, curious as to why you think he did little for Arlington.  From my discussions with him, it seemed like he had a big involvement in the additional information in the program and with Get in the Game (I was a regular at those sessions).  I know he had a lot to do with the races not being taken off the grass as quickly as they had been in the past.

Big C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 10:09:40 AM »

The D man is much too difficult to work for.
TommyCh

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 10:23:10 AM »

As I remember from one of the Saturday morning sessions, Goodrich has been around racing for a majority of his professional life. That's good, I guess, but I got the feeling he was resigned to the idea of not having anything to work with. His mantra was to sell the facility, which they sure do.

Could it be that one reason for that marketing approach is for DD to stoke his heroic legacy of building one of the finest tracks in the world? Self-fulfilling legend and all that...
Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 11:04:36 AM »

There will be bad weather until spring.  Of course claiming trainers will take their horses to warmer circuits.

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 11:37:59 AM »

At least Mr. Goodrich takes an impressive resume with him into retirement. Fired by Mr. Stronach; resigned from Mr. Duchossois.

Maybe the new goons in charge of Hollywood will hire him.
Minidar

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 12:02:02 PM »

My mistake.  My post was supposed to go under the stevebiscuit post regarding taking horses to Tampa.

mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 01:52:53 PM »

Who Cares!!!
mottoman

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 02:01:25 PM »

The only way Arlington improves on a racing basis "PURSES" is an expansion of gambling SLOTS!!!!  Goodrich was hired to work with the Illinois legislature and after banging his head against a wall of stupid Illinois politicians he decided it was a losing battle for the intermediate term.  Therefore, he is off to his temporiary retirement.  When the Illinois breeding program really falls apart and possibly Arlington publically mentions a closing date will the politicans in our fine state take notice and look into ways to increase Purses.  Lets face it arlington will have the same crap of 6 or 7 horse fields and Calabrese winning at 30% with mostly heavy chalks next summer again.  There is nothing Arlington can do until things change on a stae wide level.  Don't get me wrong I think Arlington is great no where I would rather spend most summer days.  They do a great job with what they have, remember they need to make a profit as they are a publically traded company folks. 
g3tPWNed_24

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 03:16:11 PM »

At least Mr. Goodrich takes an impressive resume with him into retirement. Fired by Mr. Stronach; resigned from Mr. Duchossois.

Maybe the new goons in charge of Hollywood will hire him.

like being fired by jacka$$ stronach is a bad thing LMAO? im surprised he actually had time to fire anyone, musta actually took time away from harassing teenage girls playing tennis
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2005, 09:03:19 PM »

like being fired by jacka$$ stronach is a bad thing

No, it's a badge of honor, and a vote of confidence that Cliff may have known something about racing, as Stronach fired anyone who knew anything in order to keep on a group of sycophant "yes men", led by McAlpine.
robertv

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 09:53:56 PM »

No need to define the word sycophant, I would think most people posting here would know the meaning.

BTW - who do you think I have working for me.............
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2005, 10:24:31 PM »

BTW - who do you think I have working for me.............

SpongeJohn Shortpants?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: