Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 23, 2014, 04:26:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: One thing is clear about Morgan..  (Read 5699 times)
baron

Ignore
« on: December 12, 2005, 07:25:04 PM »

..although he can win against a 2nd tier colony like Dover and Balmoral/Maywood have, when the big boys come to town, it's crystal clear that Morgan is not in the same ballpark as them. Pierce, Miller and Sears are just heads and shoulders above him.

Not taking away from his success so far at Dover, just giving a reality check to those who think he can hang with the big boys. He can't.
Report to moderator   Logged
njhorseman

« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 07:41:45 PM »

..although he can win against a 2nd tier colony like Dover and Balmoral/Maywood have, when the big boys come to town, it's crystal clear that Morgan is not in the same ballpark as them. Pierce, Miller and Sears are just heads and shoulders above him.

Not taking away from his success so far at Dover, just giving a reality check to those who think he can hang with the big boys. He can't.

On days when the "bog boys" are there, I'll bet he isn't getting drives on horses that are nearly as good as his drives on other days.
Joe B

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »

So Morgan cant hang with the three best drivers on the continent....thats really saying a lot.  baron - you cant name 7 others who are better than Morgan, can you?  that means he's top 10...and that means he's great.  For those who disagree, lets see your list of 7 guys better than Morgan ( Not including sears Pierce and D miller )......no one can come up with a serious list...Joe B
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:20:40 PM »

I would put Morgan at #6 behind the 3 mentioned already and Cat Manzi/Dave Magee.

However, out of the top 6 drivers in the country, if I had a $4,000 claimer that I
wanted to win on (and all drivers happened to be available to put down on the horse)
Morgan would be my man--especially if the horse would be at a bit of a price.

If I had a horse in a $250,000 race and all 7 drivers were available to put down on my
horse, Morgan would be my LAST choice to put down on the horse
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 08:23:33 PM »

Correction on last sentence to state "6" drivers.
Zulu

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »

So Morgan cant hang with the three best drivers on the continent....thats really saying a lot.  baron - you cant name 7 others who are better than Morgan, can you?  that means he's top 10...and that means he's great.  For those who disagree, lets see your list of 7 guys better than Morgan ( Not including sears Pierce and D miller )......no one can come up with a serious list...Joe B

John Campbell
Dave Palone
Luc Oullette
Walter Case (who knows he may make a comeback)
Dave Magee
George Brennan
Howard Parker(another comebacker)
Jim Pantelano
Eric Ledford

I gave you one extra just in CASE
baron

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 09:14:09 PM »

But i keep hearing on the days the big boys aren't there, he is getting hte better horses.. All relative, isn't it?

On days when the "bog boys" are there, I'll bet he isn't getting drives on horses that are nearly as good as his drives on other days.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 09:15:44 PM »

LOL, this is absolutely hilarious. You don't like money do you?

However, out of the top 6 drivers in the country, if I had a $4,000 claimer that I
wanted to win on (and all drivers happened to be available to put down on the horse)

SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 09:18:18 PM »

I would put Morgan at #6 behind the 3 mentioned already and Cat Manzi/Dave Magee.

If I had a horse in a $250,000 race and all 7 drivers were available to put down on my

horse, Morgan would be my LAST choice to put down on the horse

Great post and I believe it would be 100% true
baron

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 09:20:33 PM »

I agree with your list except for Parker, Panteleano and Palone.. No way Parker and Panteleano, maybe Palone.

I think Sears, Pierce, Miller are in another atmosphere than Morgan (or anyone else). Luc, Magee, Brennan, JC and Manzi are the next tier. Palone, Ledford, maybe Morgan in the next tier..

John Campbell
Dave Palone
Luc Oullette
Walter Case (who knows he may make a comeback)
Dave Magee
George Brennan
Howard Parker(another comebacker)
Jim Pantelano
Eric Ledford

I gave you one extra just in CASE

Zulu

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 09:25:33 PM »

baron

I have always liked Sears as driver too , even when he was at Pompano.
I`m just upset he tarnished his reputation lately but we all have pitfalls in our lifetime

I was just naming 7 others for Joe B aside from the ones you listed originally.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 09:27:21 PM »

Yeah, guys like JC, Pierce, Miller, Magee are rare breed.. Classy and talented..

For every one of them, there's 10 Panteleano's and Case's and Ward's

baron

I have always liked Sears as driver too , even when he was at Pompano.
I`m just upset he tarnished his reputation lately but we all have pitfalls in our lifetime

I was just naming 7 others for Joe B aside from the ones you listed originally.
Dan Villeky

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 09:38:38 PM »

Wasn't that long ago Miller left his base in Ohio and moved to the Meadowlands. The very same people were saying the very same thing about him as y'all are spewing about Morgan. "The drivers colony at the Big M will eat him up and spit him all the way back to Scioto Downs".
Suddenly he is in a select class of driver HuhHuh?
baron

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 10:12:58 PM »

Well if Morgan ever takes on the challenge of facing the big boys, we can talk about that.. until then, we'll just have to watch him get schooled by them at Dover.

Wasn't that long ago Miller left his base in Ohio and moved to the Meadowlands. The very same people were saying the very same thing about him as y'all are spewing about Morgan. "The drivers colony at the Big M will eat him up and spit him all the way back to Scioto Downs".
Suddenly he is in a select class of driver HuhHuh?

Careyscardshark

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 10:58:49 PM »

Baron, why do you hate Morgan so much.  I guarantee you Morgan would hold his own at the Meadowlands, win 4-5 a night?  No.  Win as much as Brennan, Ledford, Gingras, Miller ect.? Definately.  I'm happy you are going to say Morgan can't hang with the big boys after one Monday night at Dover in which by no means did Morgan "Not hang with the big boys".  There is a reason he is 2nd in wins right now in the country.  Quit trying to overlook it.  Give the guy some credit.  Your anti-Morgan threads are getting old.  Here are the stats from Monday between 3 of the big names and Morgan who had relatively the same amount of drives.
Driver    1st   2nd   3rd

Morgan    1     3      4

Pierce      1     2      3

Miller       1     4      0

Sears       4      1      1

Besides Sears looks pretty even to me with Morgan actually having a slight edge over the other two.  Thanks Baron have a nice day!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 11:13:12 PM by Careyscardshark » Report to moderator   Logged
baron

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 11:20:01 PM »

Don't hate Morgan at all. Think he is a very good 2nd tier driver..

Please don't compare him to Miller, it's insulting to Miller..

It's not one night bub, it's a lot of nights.. Don't compare Morgan to the big boys, you look stupid.. Get real.. Thanks

Baron, why do you hate Morgan so much.  I guarantee you Morgan would hold his own at the Meadowlands, win 4-5 a night?  No.  Win as much as Brennan, Ledford, Gingras, Miller ect.? Definately.  I'm happy you are going to say Morgan can't hang with the big boys after one Monday night at Dover in which by no means did Morgan "Not hang with the big boys".  There is a reason he is 2nd in wins right now in the country.  Quit trying to overlook it.  Give the guy some credit.  Your anti-Morgan threads are getting old.  Here are the stats from Monday between 3 of the big names and Morgan who had relatively the same amount of drives.
Driver    1st   2nd   3rd

Morgan    1     3      4

Pierce      1     2      3

Miller       1     4      0

Sears       4      1      1

Besides Sears looks pretty even to me with Morgan actually having a slight edge over the other two.  Thanks Baron have a nice day!

davenchop

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2005, 12:16:20 AM »

morgan is as good as anyone in the us and canada.... im not saying hes better but just as good. i remember back in 85 or 86 when he first came to balmoral 5/8 track from fairmount. i knew right then he was something special... Roll Eyes
ruckerfan

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2005, 12:42:59 AM »

zulu after your post of 7 drivers i think u are another f****ng idiot on here!

keep the fight up ken it ant over i hope u useing the rope a dope im getting worried!!!
swoodall

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2005, 01:25:31 AM »

Ruckerfan

Now you have your head up Morgan's ass too!  Do you ever come out for air(c3po)?
baron

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2005, 01:29:02 AM »

Which of the 7 drivers he listed are not better than Morgan? Just curious

swoodall

« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2005, 01:37:41 AM »

Baron

All are better!  They don't control races through ghost ownership to win races.  The Delaware driver colony is only slightly better than Lebanon's.
baron

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2005, 01:43:24 AM »

That's just stupid to say.. seriously.. even for you

Baron

All are better!  They don't control races through ghost ownership to win races.  The Delaware driver colony is only slightly better than Lebanon's.
swoodall

« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2005, 02:28:28 AM »

Which part?  There are three separate statements and all are TRUE!  Only the ghost ownership needs clarification.  Morgan was involved behind the scenes as owner in races where there was more than one horse in the race that he had some connection with.  Hence the control factor but more of a gambling factor.  His record at non-bush league tracks speaks for itself.  He gets his ass handed to him by the better drivers.  That's why Pompano and Dover were his first choices.  If money was the true driving force he would have selected the Meadowlands to prove he belongs.

You have confused purse structure with competition.  Dover's regular driver colony is BUSH League!  Slots have increased their purses from 1500 to 15000.  The reason they have so many Delaware owned or bred races is to keep competition OUT!  How many races has Morgan won when competing against Sears,  Miller,  Pierce and other top drivers?  Don't answer,  he only has to race against them on Mondays and he would head to Pompano if one of them relocated to Delaware.  My answer was only stupid to the clueless.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2005, 09:50:39 AM »

Here's my top 10 in no particular order.

Pierce
Sears
Miller
Oulette
Palone
Morgan
Campbell
Manzi
Magee
Ledford

But NOT Pantelano and Parker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zulu

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2005, 10:31:15 AM »

Do you have a intelligent response?
This makes absolutely no sense and tells us nothing.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: