Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 24, 2014, 07:16:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You're favorite or best races to gamble on?  (Read 1297 times)
Mclock

Ignore
« on: November 07, 2006, 12:25:50 PM »

I'm talking about profit making. I like the higher class normal race like Balmoral or the Big M on a Fri-sat night with no stakes involved. I do like the cheap Tues-weds races and the cheaper races at nfld cause you can get some good bombers home and bet a little and show a decent profit. I really don't care for the super stake races, (to Gamble on) not even in the T- Breds., I just think it's harder to get paid in the top class races. What does everyone else think?

trotter
Report to moderator   Logged

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
casemania

« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 12:29:24 PM »

I'm talking about profit making. I like the higher class normal race like Balmoral or the Big M on a Fri-sat night with no stakes involved. I do like the cheap Tues-weds races and the cheaper races at nfld cause you can get some good bombers home and bet a little and show a decent profit. I really don't care for the super stake races, (to Gamble on) not even in the T- Breds., I just think it's harder to get paid in the top class races. What does everyone else think?

trotter
BRILLIANT MINDS THINK ALIKE!! light bulb
I ALSO DID GOOD BETTING THE CHEAP HORSES AT COLONIAL!
SOME OLDER,CLASSIER HORSES PICK UP THERE CAUSE OF THE ONE TURN! AND A LOT SHOW CRAP LINES CAUSE THEYVE BEEN FORCED TO RACE AT SMALLER TRACKS..........AND BOOM!!.........I GET THE  dollar AT FIRST ASKING!!!
pezz97

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 12:30:08 PM »

Give me a saturday night card at the big M with the larger claiming horses and the nw of 25000. I love those cards alot of value to be found.
casemania

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »

Give me a saturday night card at the big M with the larger claiming horses and the nw of 25000. I love those cards alot of value to be found.
I AGREE........BUT THAT IS AN AWFULLY HARD TRAQCK TO MAKE  dollar ON IN THE LONG RUN!!
ESPECIALLY DURING THE SUMMER...............7-8 HORSES CAN BE USED IN EVERY RACE!!VERY LITTLE THROWOUTS!!.................AND YA CANT BET THEM ALL!!
getemup

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 02:04:51 PM »

I AGREE........BUT THAT IS AN AWFULLY HARD TRAQCK TO MAKE  dollar ON IN THE LONG RUN!!
ESPECIALLY DURING THE SUMMER...............7-8 HORSES CAN BE USED IN EVERY RACE!!VERY LITTLE THROWOUTS!!.................AND YA CANT BET THEM ALL!!

Ill turn this around and say the opposite....this is the best track to make money at....not having all the easy throwouts is what gets you paid!!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:08:24 PM »

Ill turn this around and say the opposite....this is the best track to make money at....not having all the easy throwouts is what gets you paid!!!

Too many sharp players.  I'll take Chicago as a betting product over the Big M all day long.

Personally, I make the most money on mid-level horses during the week.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
getemup

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 02:17:32 PM »

Too many sharp players.  I'll take Chicago as a betting product over the Big M all day long.

Personally, I make the most money on mid-level horses during the week.

Best,
EW

Im surprised you aren't one of the sharp players that would love this track like I do....Everyone has their favorite places to play....the Big M is mine by far!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 02:18:53 PM »

Im surprised you aren't one of the sharp players that would love this track like I do....Everyone has their favorite places to play....the Big M is mine by far!

It's awesome racing.  By far my favorite to watch.

However, I just don't see the point in matching wits with the best handicappers in the World.  I'd rather bet Chicago and Expo.

Best,
EW

getemup

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 02:23:06 PM »

It's awesome racing.  By far my favorite to watch.

However, I just don't see the point in matching wits with the best handicappers in the World.  I'd rather bet Chicago and Expo.

Best,
EW

Their pick 4 wagers are always worth a look.....the signers are just calling to you..... dollar dollar dollar
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 02:25:11 PM »

i will take any Claiming races. I feel that I spot myself well with those races.

MG
pacemaker

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 02:30:42 PM »

trotter
[/quote big m Saturdays pick 4s, otherwise spot plays during the week.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 03:15:57 PM »

Their pick 4 wagers are always worth a look.....the signers are just calling to you..... dollar dollar dollar

Correct.  The P4s are a different story, IMO.  The take is so low, that it's worth it -- even in the face of some tough players.

Best,
EW

pezz97

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2006, 03:18:31 PM »

Best bet there is imo. I love betting the big m pick 4's.
race track phil

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2006, 03:31:09 PM »

Everybody has different opinions and different ways and style's of betting , but I kind of like cheap races with throw outs because more favorites are throw outs also ! you get a lot of lame horses who the public does'nt really see as being a sore horse . if you watch warm-ups you may find a horse thats going to be favorite and throw him out , this can also happen with higher class horses but with a lower percentage of times . since horses dont warm-up like they did years ago you have to rely on the post parade and actually race warm-up if possible !  I'm a gimmick bettor so sometimes I can bet my gimmicks and spread out tossing the favorite and the automatic throw outs in cheap races ! you have to be patient and wait for the right race to show up , but it will ! then just dont be scared and bet some cash ! thats the way to win and get paid .   just my opinion !   when the race shows everybody has a chance , go have a drink or a burger and take a pass .    

•      RTP
pacemaker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2006, 03:48:00 PM »

Everybody has different opinions and different ways and style's of betting , but I kind of like cheap races with throw outs because more favorites are throw outs also ! you get a lot of lame horses who the public does'nt really see as being a sore horse . if you watch warm-ups you may find a horse thats going to be favorite and throw him out , this can also happen with higher class horses but with a lower percentage of times . since horses dont warm-up like they did years ago you have to rely on the post parade and actually race warm-up if possible !  I'm a gimmick bettor so sometimes I can bet my gimmicks and spread out tossing the favorite and the automatic throw outs in cheap races ! you have to be patient and wait for the right race to show up , but it will ! then just dont be scared and bet some cash ! thats the way to win and get paid .   just my opinion !   when the race shows everybody has a chance , go have a drink or a burger and take a pass .    

•      RTP
sometimes a drink and burger at the track cost more than you would bet  Grin . agree the cheaper races has horses that would need the rest of the field to fall down to win, and you can narrow the field , but in the higher price claimers or cond races most anyone can win given the right trip. I find the higher the class horse the longer they hold their form, compaired to the cheaper ones... at least at the big m.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: