Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

October 22, 2014, 05:25:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Berry shows'em again!  (Read 2452 times)
Chi-Town Hustler

Keep'em Guessing!

Ignore
« on: December 11, 2005, 12:21:36 PM »

Pat swoops home to another victory on the east coast at the Big M! While all the big talent were up front banging heads,Pat was preparing to mop up the mess,and thats just what happened! Laugh my ass off at the Berry bashers all the way to the window. CHA-CHING!! CHA-CHING!!!!!
Report to moderator   Logged
Armonsol

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 12:22:46 PM »

Yeah, after he gets crushed on horse after horse out there.  He is out of his league, both there and here.
Chi-Town Hustler

Keep'em Guessing!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 12:31:13 PM »

You cant  make chicken salad from chicken shit! However sometimes people dont realize what they are eating!
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 12:32:46 PM »

Even a blind squirrel will find a nut every once in awhile.
Heede

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2005, 01:32:06 PM »

Law of averages has to play some part.
He is batting less than his weight.

Heede
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 01:54:38 PM »

Pat swoops home to another victory on the east coast at the Big M! While all the big talent were up front banging heads,Pat was preparing to mop up the mess,and thats just what happened! Laugh my ass off at the Berry bashers all the way to the window. CHA-CHING!! CHA-CHING!!!!!
...another victory...making him 2 for 60 ?  Dude, crawl back under his driving colors and blow !  You HAVE to be kidding us all.  He is terrible right now for some reason.  I really do hope he gets better, but right now he's lousy.  There are NO kind words to say about his futility right now, other than I hope his racing luck (and Skills) change for the better.  You've made yourself silly poster of the week with this crowing.  TC
burton

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2005, 02:27:46 PM »

A 54 first half and a 57 last half is what happened.
That's when longshots and drivers like Berry win.
It's not liked he planned it.
Chi-Town Hustler

Keep'em Guessing!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2005, 03:02:50 PM »

Your right he sucks ! My initial post was written in sarcasim. 
off stride

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2005, 03:15:04 PM »

HELL..PAT BERRYS DRIVING AVERAGE WOULDNT EVEN MAKE A GOOD BOWLING SCORE...BUT A FEW MORE WEEKS AND HE WILL HAVE A GOOD GOLF SCORE
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 07:45:26 PM by jrstark » Report to moderator   Logged
Kenneth J. Chadwick

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2005, 04:06:20 PM »

Dear Berry Commentators:

Explain why Berry has 10 drives on Wednesday at the Meadowlands?

Always looking at the positives, that does not include drugs. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Kenneth J. Chadwick   Grin Grin

It's a Wonderful Life, let's live every moment like its your last.
off stride

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2005, 04:38:33 PM »

BRENNAN...PIERCE AND SEARS ARE SCHEDULED TO DRIVE IN THE MATRONS LATE IN THE DOVER CARD...THAT MAY EXPLAIN A COUPLE OF THEM
baron

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2005, 09:18:44 PM »

Did you say ANOTHER victory?? LOL

And let me guess you only bet him when he wins, right? I know a lot of people like you :-)

mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 02:59:34 PM »

You people want 3-5 winners from this guy a night.
The meet just started, everyone relax as the holidays approach.
I am sure he will win more as the season goes on
I like Pat Berry as a driver. He just needs better stock!
It will come.
I am surprised at this forum. This is a forum that is made up of a lot of fans from the midwest and the lack of support for Pat Berry is mindboggling. He must of screwed a lot of you over in the past.
burton

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 03:13:15 PM »

You people want 3-5 winners from this guy a night.
The meet just started, everyone relax as the holidays approach.
I am sure he will win more as the season goes on
I like Pat Berry as a driver. He just needs better stock!
It will come.
I am surprised at this forum. This is a forum that is made up of a lot of fans from the midwest and the lack of support for Pat Berry is mindboggling. He must of screwed a lot of you over in the past.

I think alot of people expected him to be better when he came back from the Big M this year.
He wasn't.
That's the problem.
He drive too many horses as if they are 3-5.
Driving a season at the BigM didn't give him carte blanche to go over board on his return to Chicago.
trotter1

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 03:28:32 PM »

One of the "catch-22" problems with the newer drivers at the Meadowlands is the
unwritten rule between the established Meadowlands drivers and the non-established drivers that if your're not an "established" guy, you don't "pull" early on a higher odds
horses but rather you need to stay out of the established drivers way, sit back and come on at the end if you have anything.   With the money they go for out there it is well known
that you don't mess with the flow of the race if you're not established and your odds are
greater or equal to 10-1

Obviously, in Chicago, every driver just does whatever the hell they want and there are
really no major consequences (unless they cause a dangerous situation)

Anyway, at the Big M since it's often quite important to be sitting no more than 6-7 lengths
off the pace at any point in the race and with the "unwritten rule" you do not have
many of the newer guys taking many chances early--like they would do in Chicago
They do not want to "rock the boat" so to speak with the other guys that could
make life very difficult for them in future races.

So, part of the problem is the quality of the horses but an equal part of the problem is
that drivers like Berry are literally "afraid" of having Sears/Miller/Brennan/Campbell, etc.
pissed off at them for making the kinds of early moves that could potentially result in
the higher odds horses finishing much closer at the wire (and even winning more often)

Paul, you could probably back me up on this.

burton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 03:39:26 PM »

One of the "catch-22" problems with the newer drivers at the Meadowlands is the
unwritten rule between the established Meadowlands drivers and the non-established drivers that if your're not an "established" guy, you don't "pull" early on a higher odds
horses but rather you need to stay out of the established drivers way, sit back and come on at the end if you have anything.   With the money they go for out there it is well known
that you don't mess with the flow of the race if you're not established and your odds are
greater or equal to 10-1

Obviously, in Chicago, every driver just does whatever the hell they want and there are
really no major consequences (unless they cause a dangerous situation)

Anyway, at the Big M since it's often quite important to be sitting no more than 6-7 lengths
off the pace at any point in the race and with the "unwritten rule" you do not have
many of the newer guys taking many chances early--like they would do in Chicago
They do not want to "rock the boat" so to speak with the other guys that could
make life very difficult for them in future races.

So, part of the problem is the quality of the horses but an equal part of the problem is
that drivers like Berry are literally "afraid" of having Sears/Miller/Brennan/Campbell, etc.
pissed off at them for making the kinds of early moves that could potentially result in
the higher odds horses finishing much closer at the wire (and even winning more often)

Paul, you could probably back me up on this.

Sorry, but that's BS.
It didn't seem to stop Ledford, Sears and Oulette when they first started driving there.
All three of those guys went there with a bang.
Ledford won the Hambletonian.
I don't think Pierce, Campbell etc; get "pissed off' about higher odds horses "getting close at the wire and even winning".
If anything, some of these newer guys are passing by Campbell.
I think they want you to be safe.
That's the top driver factor at any track.
mgriffin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2005, 04:05:20 PM »

I agree. Did somebody make a phone call for Brian Sears to tell those guys that he was going to be agressive. It doesn't make sense. Now, if Pat Berry is going to roll out there past the 1/4 and challenge with a 85-1 shot, then yes, they would get pissed off. Unless this guy talks a lot of trash or is just a moron off the track, I don't think he is doing anything that he should not be doing. He is young and has many years ahead of him, no need to be agressive quite yet. Remember, when Sears went to the big M he already had some great trainers backing him with top quality horses. I honestly think that Berry looks at the situation out in Illinois as deteriorating and NJ as the place to be. If that means treading water for a longer time at the start, then so be it. How many more years for Campbell, LaChance? I hate to say it, but T. Morgan is the guy that might hurt Berry. He is paving his way to a transition in NJ, don't fool yourselves.
swoodall

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2005, 04:25:54 PM »

1.) Why doesn't Rucker throw a Chicago guy a bone and put him up to drive all the time if BETTER HORSES is all he needs to succeed?  Because you guys are wrong!

2.) If Rick use to work for Rucker why doesn't he help him out and share some winning secrets?  It would help Rick,  Pat driving and Rucker with those $100 tri wheels.  Using Pat to drive will automattically get him better odds to cash on.  Could there be something already in the works?  Watch the tote board and see!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: