Chicago Barn to Wire
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

November 24, 2014, 12:59:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MIKE A. QUIT YOUR HANDICAPPING JOB  (Read 1975 times)
Dan Nance

« on: December 07, 2005, 10:44:57 PM »

Mike A.

You're a nice guy and I like you but I think it's time you quit as the PA handicapper for Maywood and Balmoral.

Mike, the horses are so bad and lame racing in Chicago now that it is impossible for you to do a good job capping these horses. You can watch all the replays we want but it won't help because they don't race the same week to week like they did in the old days when horses keeped their form for a period of time.

These rats that are racing in Chicago now are making you look bad as a public handicapper. Form reversal downs is what you are dealing with these days.

Mike, a man of your talents should be at a " Major League Track " showing off your capping talents not in Chicago anymore dealing with sub par racing. 
Report to moderator   Logged
Justafan

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 09:25:59 PM »

Meghan's Conquest was a pretty solid pick...I'm thinking he should run for Congress and make laws too.
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 11:41:45 PM »

Please his picks for the last 3-weeks have been horrible!!! Where does anyone see handicapping talent here??? What track would hire a chalk pickin' loser???

I could throw darts at the program and pick more winners.
kingofcrete

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 12:00:17 AM »

Superman,
               It is obvious that you are new or an idiot. Mike has come up with more value
horses that you could ever bet over the years. He is a very astute handicapper who takes great pride in his work and selections

As someone who has been around Mike for the better part of 30 years, I think I am a
pretty good judge of his knowledge and ability, and for what he has to do, that is make his selections for all the races before the card starts, he is far and away the best pubically in the area
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 12:19:06 AM »

Value??? On what??? Get a frick'in life you GOOF!!! Tongue
TC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 08:30:21 AM »

It is posiible for both of you to be right -sort of.  Mike's picks the last couple of Saturdays have been way off, only coming up with a short price or two.  Anyone can have an off night or two making picks hours in advance.  King, Mike is a great guy and as astute a handicapper in all harness land.  I've seen him crash the pool many a time.  Once, he needed Jersey Joe Schwind to squeeze up the cones to get all the money with Lorryland Butler.   As Mike strode to the window to collect, he muttered the famous line "...I hope they have enough to pay me..." - classic stuff.  I think Superman is reacting to the sheet of picks refering to the last few Saturday cards.  It has been some tough sledding and we all know why they call it "Form Reversal Downs".  TC
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 11:06:25 AM »

Tc, Someone brought some of Mike A picks into the parlor the last few weeks and you must be kidding me with his picks. I have never "EVER" seen him pick anything to call himself a "pro". My grandmother could pick numbers out of a FUCXING HAT and pick more winners. He picks chalks every week and is so far off you would think he wants you to lose, maybe he does?? He never gives out the Robin milkshaked tips does he?? Carl P. horses?? Why dont you get your mouth off his unit. Your just another "goof" for defending a horrible overrated handicapper who couldnt name one piece of a horses equipment to save his life. His picks prove how bad he really is. No good handicapper picks horses in every race that look 8-5. Where is the so called value?? Stuff those picks up your ASS!!
burton

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 11:12:39 AM »

Don't you guys pick your own horses?
Who cares what Mike A. picks?
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 11:34:48 AM »

Hey, he shows up everday of the year. With only a few day's off what do you want Superdummy a 10-1 and 20-1 every other race.

Shove your opinion up your dumb ass !!!
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 01:29:15 PM »

Tc, Someone brought some of Mike A picks into the parlor the last few weeks and you must be kidding me with his picks. I have never "EVER" seen him pick anything to call himself a "pro". My grandmother could pick numbers out of a FUCXING HAT and pick more winners. He picks chalks every week and is so far off you would think he wants you to lose, maybe he does?? He never gives out the Robin milkshaked tips does he?? Carl P. horses?? Why dont you get your mouth off his unit. Your just another "goof" for defending a horrible overrated handicapper who couldnt name one piece of a horses equipment to save his life. His picks prove how bad he really is. No good handicapper picks horses in every race that look 8-5. Where is the so called value?? Stuff those picks up your ASS!!

Are you reading the selections correctly?  On the sheets I normally see -- Mike has a top "rated play" (generally the favorite or close to it, because most of the time the favorites do, in fact, look the best on paper) and then a "value play" which he believes will be the value.

I know you don't seem to be too logical, but look at it this way: how in the hell are you supposed to be able to handicap for value when your picks come out A DAY BEFORE?!?

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2005, 01:31:03 PM »

Who cares how many days he's there??? Potsmoker. What does that got to do with terrible handicapping picks??? You must be going double-bubble now so let TC come-up for air so you can get the rest of the load. Cheesy
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2005, 01:37:03 PM »

Ew. That is one of your worst posts "EVER"!!!!  What does the word value mean to you "moron." Again I can pick value horses a week in advance so why the stupid post?Huh Why do you think because he picks lets say a 10-1 shot the day before that the day of he's going to be 2-1. Go back to "CLUE SCHOOL"
swoodall

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2005, 01:51:28 PM »

Someone back me up on this.  I have heard Mike many times give his picks and issue a caveat that his pick is way over bet at that moment in time,  and there were other selections that offered better value with equal chances.  He would end by reminding you to watch the board because he expected the odds to make significant changes.  He also states that his choice is luke warm at best and that doesn't mean he would bet that race.  He has to make a choice as the track handicapper,  he doesn't have to bet it.
potrasalve

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2005, 03:42:54 PM »

Mike knows more about handicapping than Superboy ever will in his life. Mike is there for his analysis and that is what he does anaylize. He paints the picture to help Superjerk to cash a ticket. Which by the way he comes off, that will never happen. He appears to have more bitterness and ignorance in him than brains. Grin
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2005, 04:55:01 PM »

Ew. That is one of your worst posts "EVER"!!!!  What does the word value mean to you "moron." Again I can pick value horses a week in advance so why the stupid post?Huh Why do you think because he picks lets say a 10-1 shot the day before that the day of he's going to be 2-1. Go back to "CLUE SCHOOL"

You CANNOT pick value horses before seeing the odds.  No matter who you are...

You can try to estimate value, based on guessing the odds -- but, you never know what the final odds will be...

Value: risk of wager = less than estimated return * probability of winning.  That's the only formula for value.

Best
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
SUPERMAN

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2005, 05:42:06 PM »

Mike knows more about handicapping than Superboy ever will in his life. Mike is there for his analysis and that is what he does anaylize. He paints the picture to help Superjerk to cash a ticket. Which by the way he comes off, that will never happen. He appears to have more bitterness and ignorance in him than brains. Grin

Why would I be bitter or ignorant??? Because I call it as I see it. Wink  SUPERMAN is not bitter at all espeically after hitting "SUPER-FECTA after "SUPER-FECTA at the BIG-M. You losers keep listening to Mike whatever his last name is and you'll all be in the "POORHOUSE"  Tongue I think you should all get together and handicap at the TURKISH BATH HOUSE and maybe he'll give you each a "STEAMER"   Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: