Chicago Barn to Wire BRIS
Home | News | Bloggers | Forums | Resources | Links | Marketplace | Gallery | Contact Us | Search

September 17, 2014, 06:38:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you don't remember your password, email me.

New  registration procedures -- Some ISPs have been bouncing the verification emails.  Please email me to be activated or if you have any problems.  Click Contact Us above.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JOHN FRANK: MAN OF THE YEAR  (Read 2114 times)
ZeeGirl

« on: December 11, 2005, 08:43:34 AM »

Articulate, thought provoking, originality, creative, always thinking out of the black box.  Therefore John, you garner my vote for the MAN OF THE YEAR. 
Report to moderator   Logged
robertv

« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 09:53:35 AM »

John Franks just informed me that you and Clockterry are married - how perfect is that.

You two both really do deserve each other, it seems all either of you care about is horseracing,
how pathetic.

Lastlty, I'm guessing the wedding pictures were quite frightening Shocked

« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:55:53 PM by robertv » Report to moderator   Logged
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 11:31:47 AM »

John Franks just informed me that you and Clockterry are married

Wow. So on top of everything else he's a genius, too.
robertv

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2005, 04:29:28 PM »

Wow. So on top of everything else he's a genius, too.

John = Genius.    Clockerterry excellent observation.

I am a fan of thoroughbred racing just like you, it's one of many hobbies I enjoy.
I'm just not obsessed with horse racing like you and your wife.

BTW - any new news on the Niles OTB?Huh
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 04:56:37 PM by robertv » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2005, 07:50:19 PM »

'MAN of the YEAR Huh  ha ha ha ha

Have you seen those shorts he wears? They look more like "CULOTTE'S", what the girls wear...

I say, 'GIRLIE MAN of the YEAR'  Wink Wink

most of the time....anticipation is greater than realization!
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2005, 08:19:38 PM »

BTW - any new news on the Niles OTB?Huh

No I haven't heard or read any. I have been reading through the Illinois Racing Act in my spare time, trying to figure where the one claim Jim C made a month or so ago about the Niles OTB costing horsemen purse money might have come from, but so far no luck finding any different splits in the law. Not to say they aren't there. Some other interesting things, though. Did you know it is against the law for mutuel clerks and security guards to wager "during the course of employment"?

Any news from you regarding any actual horse racing item? Besides red boarding the big hits you and your husband John Frank supposedly made on Hawthorne races, that is.
edwardwilliam
Annnnnnnnnd they're off!

Rebate shops are not the devil.

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2005, 08:35:30 PM »

No I haven't heard or read any. I have been reading through the Illinois Racing Act in my spare time, trying to figure where the one claim Jim C made a month or so ago about the Niles OTB costing horsemen purse money might have come from, but so far no luck finding any different splits in the law. Not to say they aren't there. Some other interesting things, though. Did you know it is against the law for mutuel clerks and security guards to wager "during the course of employment"?

Any news from you regarding any actual horse racing item? Besides red boarding the big hits you and your husband John Frank supposedly made on Hawthorne races, that is.

There are definitely differing splits -- but I do not know where to find them in the law.

In harness, I believe intertrack money is split evenly (after tipouts to localities).  On the other hand, for money bet at a restaurant OTB it's 6% to the purses, and only 4.5% at a conventional OTB.

If Arlington is classified as intertrack, which I think it is, the transfer to the OTB, which shares at a lower rate, could actually hurt the purse accounts.  No idea of the actual effect, however.

Best,
EW

Stick to Fantasyland pal, because you'll NEVER make it in the real world - TC
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2005, 08:55:05 PM »

There are definitely differing splits -- but I do not know where to find them in the law.

In harness, I believe intertrack money is split evenly (after tipouts to localities).  On the other hand, for money bet at a restaurant OTB it's 6% to the purses, and only 4.5% at a conventional OTB.

I wonder if that is something in a separately negotiated harness contract? On the thoroughbred side they tend to go strictly with the law, and so far I haven't found anything even distinguishes ITW from OTB from "restaurant OTB".

What I have found in the law so is a 50-50% split for all money earned on simulcasts (after costs and commissions), but then a deal with wagers on local races where there is a set percentage paid to purses (6.75% by now), and then the tracks get to keep the extra takeout that's kept on exotic wagers. The result is they get a much higher percent of exotics than 50-50. At least that is what it looks like so far. There's more for me to read and sort out, for sure.
CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2005, 08:57:33 PM »

P.S.

If only John Frank was here right now, he could tell us in a jiffy the exact percent everyone gets at every facility for every type of wager on every type of race at all times of day.
robertv

« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 10:16:42 PM »

'MAN of the YEAR Huh ha ha ha ha

Have you seen those shorts he wears? They look more like "CULOTTE'S", what the girls wear...

I say, 'GIRLIE MAN of the YEAR' Wink Wink

Everyone knows wearing shorts all year-round is one of John's trademarks, he is a true individualist and
probably one of the greatest handicappers I've ever met.

Regarding horse racing, I'll be generous (it is Christmas time after all) and "release" two
morning line 6-1 shots for 12/14:  1HAW # 5
                                                7HAW # 2

How's it go again John - "good luck gambling" ?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 08:14:40 AM by robertv » Report to moderator   Logged
robertv

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 06:21:09 PM »

Results from HAW 12/14:

1HAW #5 - horse ran second paid $7.80 to place
7HAW # 2 - horse won paid $5.80

Have a pleasant evening Smiley

CLOCKERTERRY

« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 06:30:59 PM »

Results from HAW 12/14:

1HAW #5 - horse ran second paid $7.80 to place
7HAW # 2 - horse won paid $5.80

Have a pleasant evening Smiley

Yes, nice picks.
off stride

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2005, 05:34:02 PM »

CONSIDERING JOHN FRANK IS IN THE STATE OF INTOXICATION MOST OF THE TIME ...HIS THINKING OUTSIDE THE BLACK BOX IS INACCURATE...HE IS THINKING OUTSIDE THE ...BROWN BOTTLE
« Last Edit: December 24, 2005, 01:52:54 PM by off stride » Report to moderator   Logged
Horse Apples

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2005, 11:34:42 AM »

I LOVE to read "John Frank's" posts...they are very entertaining!! I only make remarks because I enjoy responding & encourage more posts from him Smiley

KEEP THEM COMING KRANKY FRANKY!!!!

most of the time....anticipation is greater than realization!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: